So.. I need some help here...

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
In February, I signed up for books-a-million club card which had made me sign up for the magazine subscriptions. So i recently found out today that the magazines are charging my debit card and i'm a poor college student. Also, I am deaf, so I cannot make a phone call to the company to ask them to unsubscribe the magazine for me. I have 3 subscribed magazines, Seventeen, Real simple, and Good housing. Am I able to go into the book store who sold me the card and ask them to unsubscribe the magazines for me? This is my first time trying to deal with this so I need some help.
Thanks!

Try to look and see if there was a limited amount of time to cancel the subscription. If not, then you may be out of luck.

Sign up for SIPRelay and start using the relay service. You'll be able to make phone calls by relay. Also, if you are getting emails about the subscriptions there might be an unsubscribe option in the email.

With that kind of thing there is no way of getting out without paying a penalty. And yes,,, use the relay,, ask the relay operator to get a live rep so you don't have to listen to a menu or robo messages. Still,, if you actually signed up your are out of luck. You have the contract?

Okay well here's the thing,
I told my dad over text about this situation while he is at work.. he's pretty mad right now. But he called the store who sold me the card and he thinks he may have got it cancelled but not sure, he wants to check my bank account to make sure I didn't lose my money.

I didn't sign up for any contract. I got the club card in February and with the card i was allowed to get free subscriptions for a magazine. so I picked what i wanted and i didn't get any email or letter about how long this subscription was going to last. So right now after telling my dad this, i feel pretty scared because he gets mad pretty easily. I felt like I had to tell him though because I would need his help figuring out how to do this. I think tomorrow we will be going to the bank and make sure its okay, etc. But either way, i'm pretty scared. I told him i apologized for everything and I don't think its good enough.

Take a deep breath.. :) Be glad you got it caught early and told your dad about it. Sometimes it may not seem like enough but dont worry. You're only human and took responsibility of your situation right away.

SIP Relay is a good way to make relay calls and get # to use with AIM on your phone or using AIM on computer.

A reckless college student would have let it add up and be stuck with huge bill! So you're doing good so far! :) Keep your chin up!

Take a deep breath.. :) Be glad you got it caught early and told your dad about it. Sometimes it may not seem like enough but dont worry. You're only human and took responsibility of your situation right away.

SIP Relay is a good way to make relay calls and get # to use with AIM on your phone or using AIM on computer.

A reckless college student would have let it add up and be stuck with huge bill! So you're doing good so far! :) Keep your chin up!

thanks... I'm still pretty scared.. my dad kept saying that I'll end up in the poor house and that I thought i was a "big hit" to when i got the card, etc. And some of the stuff he said made me pretty upset and i'm trying not to be upset about it because I know i deserve to be in trouble right now. He hopes i wont lose my money, etc. and I'm still learning. Plus today is the first day of my summer break and its not going good so far.. I'm waiting for my exam grade to come in and i'm really nervous that I won't pass it because the exam i took was a sociology exam to my reading class and it was a really hard exam. (sorry i'm off point.) but I've been feeling so stressed out lately my hair was falling out and with this situation that has been brought up today, made it even worse. And I'm sure when my dad gets home he will be yelling at me. I'm really scared about this.. My mom tends to be more calm to when things get bad. my dad does not. My dad would just flip out and yell and say "I told you so". I told my dad I apoligize but he doesn't think its enough. :ugh: Right now i just feel sick to my stomach.

Lots of people get sucked into these things. You become more aware after it has happened to you. Free mags seems too good to be true. Good luck with your dad. Shame you can't trade him in for a more tolerant father

There is no need for your dad to be mad at you, you are 18.
It is your own accout and you can find an email that you could try and contact, otherwise asking for your dad for help is last resort - that way you can handle your situation yourself.

Just putting my two cents in. :mrgreen:

Back