So I had a job interview today...

:confused: I cant believe you have no idea how bad the economy is right now. I am baffled. So many people are desperate for jobs. Men are killing their families b/c they cant feed their kids. Thanks to George W. Bush!!!

California is #1 state in jobs lost. So many factories disappeared. Ohio #2 and Michigan is #3. The economy will be back to normal around 2030.

Where you/I find that? Source? Please I'm curious. :wave:

Where you/I find that? Source? Please I'm curious. :wave:

im sowwy,dood. I read about the economy on cnn.com few yrs ago. It is well known that Cali lost of lot of factory work. They were shipped overseas so the companies can pay the workers 2 dollars an hr or less. The companies gave former president George W. Bush bonus checks. What a asshole. Republicans think we should not make 8 dollars an hr b/c they think they payin too much. True story!

"Thank you for applying for the position as Restaurant Co-worker Positions. Your qualifications are excellent; however, we are presently considering candidates whose backgrounds more closely match the needs for this position. Your application and resume will be kept on file for future consideration.

We wish you the best in your employment search. We hope you find a position that will offer you the career challenges and opportunities that you desire. Again, we appreciate your interest in Golden Corral and hope to see you soon as a guest at Golden Corral. "

:( just got this e-mail, I'm kind of upset.

"Thank you for applying for the position as Restaurant Co-worker Positions. Your qualifications are excellent; however, we are presently considering candidates whose backgrounds more closely match the needs for this position. Your application and resume will be kept on file for future consideration.

We wish you the best in your employment search. We hope you find a position that will offer you the career challenges and opportunities that you desire. Again, we appreciate your interest in Golden Corral and hope to see you soon as a guest at Golden Corral. "

Awww no. That's so disappointing for you :hug:

Thanks AJW, I'm really kinda puzzled... my qualifications were great but my background wasn't? What is that supposed to mean???

Thanks AJW, I'm really kinda puzzled... my qualifications were great but my background wasn't? What is that supposed to mean???

Did you mention your deafness to them? Background...I smell something fishy.

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that.

thanks guys, I feel frustrated. I need out of those gas station job so bad but I can't leave til I have a back up plan.

I can't help but to think I was judged based off my hearing but I will never know.

That's a good point. It's my understanding that you're not supposed to employ people based on their "background", but on their actual merits & qualifications. Maybe someone with knowledge of US employment law can offer some advice. Especially if they hire people with fewer qualification and less experience than you.

The first thing I brought up was my deafness to him.

My suggestion is to call them and ask them what do they mean by that statement. My strong feeling is that you probably got discriminated. I have never heard of someone having the qualifications for the job but not having the background. Just sounds suspicious

:aw: that reply back sucks, LS - Shel had a good thought, to find out more what they mean.

Thats the impression I got too! I can see background like criminal record but I'm in the clear 100% of that! This really hurts I've never had an employer tell me me you've got the qualification but your background doesn't fit our needs for the position.

Thats the impression I got too! I can see background like criminal record but I'm in the clear 100% of that! This really hurts I've never had an employer tell me me you've got the qualification but your background doesn't fit our needs for the position.

discriminmation is illegal so if that is what they mean...then I suggest you contact an attorney about it. Up to you

Possible that her background (prior work history) does not fit the position that they are filling?....Some deafies did work at the Golden Corral here in Jax....just sayin'...but anyhow...sorry about it all!...Keep plugging out there! I'm sure something will come up.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job :( but it sounds like it was a form letter and everyone who did not get the job got the same response.

I'm going to be checking my other friend's statuses on it. If they received a e-mail worded differently I may be facing a discrimination issue.

Wheres a punching bag when you need one?

There is the possibility that they are looking for someone with more experience in that particular area. I know that was why I got turned down at Golden Corral years ago.

Walmart would be good or even Sam's Club.

Back