Smithtr: communication question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimsy

Reaction score
Hi Smithtr,
I noticed that the way you use words is different from many other Deaf here. I was imagining that you write by translating directly from signing. Did I guess correctly?

If it's not an invasion of your privacy, would you tell how you learned to communicate? ASL, SEE, speech therapy??? It's very interesting to me.

Last edited:
Yes, he writes in ASL the most of time.

But I don't know his background about how he writes English so poor but I don't think it is his fault.

Hi Smithtr,
I noticed that the way you use words is different from many other Deaf here. I was imagining that you write by translating directly from signing. Did I guess correctly?

If it's not an invasion of your privacy, would you tell how you learned to communicate? ASL, SEE, speech therapy??? It's very interesting to me.

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/92255-culture-language-native.html

Here is a whole thread on that subject as lots of people ask.

One thing you may not know is Smithtr didn't even know ASL until he was about 12 or 14 year old.

He started out with what he calls ESL, (English order sign) and some oral.

So for a guy who didn't really start to get a grasp on language for such a long time period, he has more problems than a lot of people do with language.

If it's too privy or a personal question to be in public, you can always send Smithtr a Private Message.

attachment.php

Attachments

• pmSmithtr.png
    pmSmithtr.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 85
Thank Naisho, Botti,KarissaMann05

Hello I am experience on ASL and ESL I communication to many to can ,

anytime contact to me
I experience to ASL and ESL :) I love communicate sign language, to ASL,.SEE and oral pretty,! :) I am translate to see ESL both ASL!

my parents didn't teach my English! butreason!! I understand, I difficult it!!

I am experience lots of help more than skill sign language ASL communication!

Last edited:
Even oral people may have significent expressive language issues. It's not just a sign issue......and I can interpret much of what smithtr says into English.

I understand I am appreciate to you I am glad of you question me I understand,I have long times story long pretty, my teacher tried teacher me grammar I have English problem communication ESL because i aware it I depend for me difficult
long times, interpreter few can help me translate :) ASL plus advise to easy communication to me I ask to interpreter simpy

I was approximate ESL I difficult I confused ESL I misunderstand, I better fast to understand clear, no confuse ESL conflict to ESL to ASL

I remember, High school I ask to Pls Help translate to Interpreter willing to offer to grammar for me, I do me all right, teacher knew me,of course, communication important, that is point, Intperter is tell explain to teacher clear, Teacher happy interpreter for me! I have test pass reading difficult! also I had graduation 2008! I was lucky I tell you! they know me! I have write communication to hearing also English,

Update : look reading
forward it reading Smithtr

I support to alldeaf. I encourage to value to I tell you no worry I hope be you I reading my life long times I tell you I history! :)

I like this entry from your blog. I think it answers Mimsy's question very clearly. :)

ASL Grammar Native

15Jul

It is reason Native Language serious Deaf language, I wonder I tell you advise

Language,I know many people misunderstand, I understand it is pretty native difficult communication complication! it is easy, I understand well People frustrated have problem understand doesn’t understand native language can’t speak can’t

Hearing people doesn’t have seems on native language structure grammar

it is pretty lots of have problem ASL complication ASL hard to understand

I notice ASL Native language!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back