Smartwatch recommendations?

soutthpaw

Reaction score
I never feel my android phone vibrate when I have a message, call, notification. would like to get a smartwatch that has strong vibration so I don't miss the call, message etc. Anyone have experience with these and can recommend an affordable one either new or used via ebay etc. I have no idea what to look for or what the differences are. I also need one that will actually function as an analog watch with a second hand....
Thanks
Southpaw

My husband and I use the galaxy gear. it is a great watch that has different clock faces to pick from. it also has Internet and texting on it.

I would like to find something simple but reliable to just vibrate when I get a call to my cell phone. When at home I do not carry the phone around and do not hear it ring if not right by it (can easily be in the other part of the house even). The less costly the better.

I would like to find something simple but reliable to just vibrate when I get a call to my cell phone. When at home I do not carry the phone around and do not hear it ring if not right by it (can easily be in the other part of the house even). The less costly the better.
I would try the galaxy fit, the early models are cheap and are simpler. It vibrants when you get phone calls and text. you can see who is calling and read text. it can also alert your phone if you loose it. I needed that a lot haha

I tried the Huawei smart watch but it had a weak vibration. I ended up getting the pebble time from amazon for about $80 it has an always on watchface that is easy to see in sunlight, its a 64 color eink display. It also has a pretty strong vibration. battery lasts a week instead of a day with the other LCD style smart watches. No pulse sensor if you need that feature though. So I recommend giving the Pebble Time a try.

The problem I had with the android wear and galaxy gear is that I need the screen and second hand and backlight to stay on for 15-30 seconds for taking pulses and counting respiration rate etc. The pebble OS is the only one I found that will do this. backlight does not stay on that long byt everything else does and a flick of the wrist turns backlight on if needed. you can see the watch well without the backlight though due to Eink. The Sony Smartwatch 3 has a transreflective display that is also easy to see in sunlight and seems to have longer battery life than other android wear devices...

If you just need something somewhat inexpensive to alert you with a phone call, wake you up with a vibrating alarm etc. look into the newer Fitbits. I spent a lot of money on my Moto360 watch. It alerts me when I get a phone call and wakes me with a strong vibrating alarm etc. but the Fitbit can do the same thing for a lot less money. The newer Fitbits have caller ID plus more. I wear both, the Fitbit is a lot more accurate at counting my steps when exercising.

If you just need something somewhat inexpensive to alert you with a phone call, wake you up with a vibrating alarm etc. look into the newer Fitbits. I spent a lot of money on my Moto360 watch. It alerts me when I get a phone call and wakes me with a strong vibrating alarm etc. but the Fitbit can do the same thing for a lot less money. The newer Fitbits have caller ID plus more. I wear both, the Fitbit is a lot more accurate at counting my steps when exercising.

I wish there was something not just somewhat inexpensive but actually inexpensive to just alert for phone calls and text (maybe also email). Forget about use as an alarm clock, step counter etc. And . . . any app needed for it to do so needs to be in the Google Play Store not some unknown source given just in the package.

I got my wife a Fitbit Charge 2 which is very nice. It will alert her if she received a text message while away from her iPhone (and it does calendar alert with her busy schedule and medicine reminder). It's a pretty decent vibration. Nice display as well.

Did you hear that Fitbit watch bought Pebble because they were having money problem? I have newest Pebble 2 here. I am opposed them agree to take Pebble.

I have a Fitbit Charge and use the vibrating alarm to wake me up in the morning. I'm a very deep sleeper, and so far the irregular vibrations of this alarm have failed to wake me less than a handful of times since I got it in February. I also use the vibrating notification system to alert me to text messages, phone calls, etc. because I rarely have my phone's ringer turned on, and I almost never feel the phone vibrating when it rings. It's been a really reliable watch/notification system for me.

The problem I had with the android wear and galaxy gear is that I need the screen and second hand and backlight to stay on for 15-30 seconds for taking pulses and counting respiration rate etc. The pebble OS is the only one I found that will do this. backlight does not stay on that long byt everything else does and a flick of the wrist turns backlight on if needed. you can see the watch well without the backlight though due to Eink. The Sony Smartwatch 3 has a transreflective display that is also easy to see in sunlight and seems to have longer battery life than other android wear devices...
You can change the settings in the app on your phone to make it stay on longer.

Back