smartvp by Purple

syounger64

Reaction score
Purple came by and installed my smartvp last week.
Here's my thoughts:

Its then most advanced vp I've ever seen. It has many options and the remote is smartly designed. I was able to connect with anyone from purple, Sorenson and relay.

It connects directly to the tv via hdmi which is great. After a conversation with the Purple installer about video communications in general I learned that there are still limits to the quality of video communications everywhere but it isn't the equipment itself...its usually is the network regardless of whether its WiFi or 4g speeds.

I have Verizon Fios which is fast enough and still gets blurry at times. Sigh!

I am impressed with Purple smartvp and still learning about it. I also have purple on my note 2 phone which works very well. Sorry but I am not an Apple fan even though I did have an iPad for work. I respect Apple for what its doing but I just prefer Android/Google.

Not everybody have fastest high-speed internet. Too small market.

This is an honest answer. He is right, it takes two VP to work together if one end has problem BOTH of ends will see the problem. Most of the time I see, the equipment is the least likely problem.

Also, not just ISP alone, there are several companies in between one ISP to another ISP. Sometimes one's local ISP having issue with their "Backbone provider", not much ISP can do.

The most common cause problem with VP video is Ethernet cable itself, that is why I always checked Ethernet cable for any damages or loosen. Once I had customer called me and asked me why my video is so blurry. I asked him to check all Ethernet cables and connectors (Plugs). He discovered one of port was plugged in with metal holding eraser pencil in it! His step son did that. As soon as he got it out, video becomes crystal clear. He was shocked, he actually thought VP was going bad but nope!

It connects directly to the tv via hdmi which is great. After a conversation with the Purple installer about video communications in general I learned that there are still limits to the quality of video communications everywhere but it isn't the equipment itself...its usually is the network regardless of whether its WiFi or 4g speeds.

I have Verizon Fios which is fast enough and still gets blurry at times. Sigh!

I am impressed with Purple smartvp and still learning about it. I also have purple on my note 2 phone which works very well. Sorry but I am not an Apple fan even though I did have an iPad for work. I respect Apple for what its doing but I just prefer Android/Google.

Back