Six Flags Fiesta Texas, San Antonio !NEWS!

KingDragon

Reaction score
I sae earlie two day ago Superman Krypton Coaster! is stuck on this. They could not move it until 15 min finally. Service come to help get the people out. So it is closed Superman Krypton Coaster! need to work on it something went wrong. that is really sad ever i hear in my life. :tears:

Attachments

• 1sfft_krypton.jpg
    1sfft_krypton.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 29
  • sfft_krypton.jpg
    sfft_krypton.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 27
How is roller coaster getting stuck a sad thing? Well, to me roller coasters getting stuck is pretty normal. It is like your car stalling on a highway. I got stuck on Wild Thing in Minnesota and Raptor at Cedar Point. Big deal, they got it running again.

Word of advice, never trust the media. They tend to twist the stories about amusement parks like they had a clip of Mantis at Cedar Point being stuck on a lift hill like it is a life/death situation on RealTV. Really pathetic on how media looks at those things. They are only hurting amusement parks' business.

If something tragic happens like wheel flies off and killed couple of people, that would be a completely different story. But getting stuck... give me a break. :roll:

Last edited:
yea its happened at the 6 Flags here in Largo, MD last month -- the ppl on the ride were all perfectly safe with all the safety equipment in place and all just had to wait at least 30 mins to an hour if i remmy right -- some glitch in the computer system for that particular ride fucked up somehow -- just be grateful the ppl werent upside down cuz that would create a problem

It happened at my Six Flags in Texas a couple times. One of their new rides, The Titan, shut down for some reason and everyone got stuck at the top of the first hill. They had to sit there for 30 minutes before they could get out and walk down 200 ft of steps... one by one. Ugh!

Rides break down. Oh well. I don't think I would be that bothered being stuck on the ride. I know I would get off eventually.

Tostitos said:
How is roller coaster getting stuck a sad thing? Well, to me roller coasters getting stuck is pretty normal. It is like your car stalling on a highway. I got stuck on Wild Thing in Minnesota and Raptor at Cedar Point. Big deal, they got it running again.

Word of advice, never trust the media. They tend to twist the stories about amusement parks like they had a clip of Mantis at Cedar Point being stuck on a lift hill like it is a life/death situation on RealTV. Really pathetic on how media looks at those things. They are only hurting amusement parks' business.

If something tragic happens like wheel flies off and killed couple of people, that would be a completely different story. But getting stuck... give me a break. :roll:

cool you have been to valleyfair? like it there? hmm... i tend to go to valleyfair every year for deaf events druing month of june. :)

A ride at the show last year broke down and injured 37 people. My friends were lucky, if they hadn't decided they couldn't be bothered waiting, they would have been on that ride. We walked past and realised what would have happened.

Lots of rides have broken down though. I was on a ride called Pirates of the Carribean and I had to get off the ride and out of the place. It was no fun sitting there for ages not knowing what was happening.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
cool you have been to valleyfair? like it there? hmm... i tend to go to valleyfair every year for deaf events druing month of june. :)

Yeah, I used to go to Valleyfair every year but not anymore because they are not adding good rides every year. Sure they got Steel Venom this summer but blah, I probably won't go for another couple of years. I find this strange that Cedar Point (Cedar Fair) owns Valleyfair and Cedar Point are way ahead with intense cutting edge rides than Valleyfair. So I tend to scarifice to 12 hours drive to Cedar Point almost every summer.

Cedar Point is getting better and better every summer! They got Top Thrill Dragster this summer and I rode it last spring, WHOOO!! 120 mph and 420 ft high :dizzy: Loved it!

Last edited:
Someone mentioned about the possibility of a ride stopping and riders being stuck in an upside down position...........now, I am just GUESSING that the cars would never be stuck upside down in the event of a stoppage because the momentum of the cars coming into the section where they go upside down would be such that the cars will go thru the upside down part and then come to a rest with y'all right side up! Yes, no? Whaddayathink? :fingersx:

When I was little kid. I am so scared to ride that. Now, When I am big boy I never be scared anymore. Because I am kind afriad too high and I throught i would fall down by anytime. :dunno:

Tousi said:
Someone mentioned about the possibility of a ride stopping and riders being stuck in an upside down position...........now, I am just GUESSING that the cars would never be stuck upside down in the event of a stoppage because the momentum of the cars coming into the section where they go upside down would be such that the cars will go thru the upside down part and then come to a rest with y'all right side up! Yes, no? Whaddayathink? :fingersx:

You are right, the momentum will bring everybody down but getting stuck upside down can happen. But only on a rare occassion like the Demon at Six Flags Great America got stuck upside down few years ago because the wheel somehow malfunctioned. Your chance of getting stuck upside down is very slim so there is nothing to worry about. :)

Tousi said:

:werd: that's true.. engeering is required to design the safest rides possible and predict the "what if" soulition and avoid the "what if". engeering always test it on a small model before they accually bulid a new one to see if it's safe or not. The only thing the roller coaster is controled by chains on first hill to move it uphill and the brakes to make it slow down on the tracks, everything else is just free, non-controled movement.

Back