Single 21 y/o female hearing but fluent in ASL and SEE

rainbow_pride

Reaction score
I am new to this site, I honestly am looking for some friends, I am a lesbian and looking for a Deaf girl to possibly date or just get to know.:wave:

For older generations int he Deaf community there is Signing Exact English... basically a longer version of ASL. To be honest I dont even know why I put SEE up there

For older generations int he Deaf community there is Signing Exact English... basically a longer version of ASL. To be honest I dont even know why I put SEE up there

Hi, welcome to AD :)

Quick question: the older members of the Deaf community tend to use SEE, not ASL?

SEE is not a longer version of ASL... SEE is a mode of english, ASL is an actual LANGUAGE, they are very different. Most of us here (at least us who are Deaf) agree that SEE is too cumbersome, and not a good choice. Even those who grew up learning SEE have switched to ASL...

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just use ASL (forget about SEE) to communicate with us. :)

I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

SEE is not a longer version of ASL... SEE is a mode of english, ASL is an actual LANGUAGE, they are very different. Most of us here (at least us who are Deaf) agree that SEE is too cumbersome, and not a good choice. Even those who grew up learning SEE have switched to ASL...

This exactly. "Fluent SEE confuse me" was polite way say "say you fluent SEE same say you fluent potato, fluent hat, and fluent other non-language things"

This exactly. "Fluent SEE confuse me" was polite way say "say you fluent SEE same say you fluent potato, fluent hat, and fluent other non-language things"

Hey! I'm at one with potatoes... I'm so fluent, I know how to make wasabi mashed potatoes with chive, french fries, kick ass au gratin, obtain electricity from potatoes, cut it in half and drop it down my trouser to impress the ladies, and of course distill vodka from potatoes.....

Please do not insult me and my fluency.

I am new to this site, I honestly am looking for some friends, I am a lesbian and looking for a Deaf girl to possibly date or just get to know.:wave:

SOUNDS like you are learning ASL in order to lure deaf lesbian women. Bad move. :roll:

I used SEE before learning ASL. I am PSL because I still use SEE to my parents but Using ASL with friends and everyone. I already said Welcome!

Really? Umm...I'm the younger generation and I am fluent in SEE. Oh, yes I am Deaf myself.

EDIT: it is best to say that I'm Bilingual. =P

Back