Since Halloween is around the corner...

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone put up Halloween decorations? Or brought pumpkins? Tell us what have you done to your house or apartment?

Today, I brought 3 pumpkins (all three for 10 bucks!)*on the way to work* and straws for my front yard, I'm going shopping tomorrow and get some Halloween decorations for my windows and front door. ;)

we haven't bought anything yet, but we'll get pumpkins and carve them. get some spider webs and stuff. my brother is a jerk, he likes to scare the little kids, like as young as 2 years old. im like dude ur an asshole. u dont scare little kids. he's like oh but its halloween. anyway. im not sure what we'll do

My son and I go to pumpkin patch to pick out the pumpkin then go for a walk in the corn field maze. It's lot of fun. We will do the on Friday on my way to the Cape Cod. :D

Going to pumpkin patch alone with boys. pick own pumpkin in the pumpkin field, corn maze, fun time for kiddos this coming Saturday.

Absolutely nothing. No pumpkins. No cheesy window decals or cardboard signs for me. :booty:

Can't decorate til I move next Saturday to Chicago. I will probably put up some lights and spider webs. I def do want to get pumpkins and make faces on them. :)

:applause: AshAsh!! Get J-Sin to help you and even better put up the Halloween avatars & signatures for the spirit of it!!

All done, I got three pumpkins, corn straws, and finished all the halloween decorations...All I need to buy is candies to pass out during trick and treat

I have not decorations halloween theme yet... Probably around next week would be great prepared for halloween theme on my front yard...
:D

I have bought 3 sorts of mini-candies (Snickers, 3 Musketeers, and Amazing M&M bars) for work tommorrow as a special treat for my department. :) I just put it in a jack-o-lantern bowl and will set it out in the morning. ;)
As for Halloween night, I don't know yet, but I am thinking of getting out my VHS copy of "Psycho". :) It's just another day for me, ya know. :)

always go to pumpkin patch or apple orchard whenever its nice out. Take some good pictures of kids with pumkins.

Always buy pumpkin 2 week before halloween, and will start crave them 2 or 3 days before halloween.

Take kids to haunted hayride, its fun!

(decorte, i don't but have jack o' latern with light in it)

I haven't done anything yet. I probably won't do anything except get involved with other groups with their Halloween events. :)

:angel: I don't have too much in the way of decorations. I did buy some bear statues dressed up as witches, and my dad went to his friend's farm and bought Tiger a pumpkin. I am going to try and go this weekend to buy more decorations. The candy I will get before Halloween, as I am afraid I will end up eating them myself. :lol:

i asked my bf starrygaze if he do dress the house up for halloween? he said always last min.. i said aww ur no fun.. why not do it this weekend.. so think we will.. cant wait.. hehe..

the last 5 yrs i have took my son trick or treating at monster bunch at my hometown and we always go to pumpkin patch and pick our own pumpkin out so we can carve it and dress it up then put candle in and light it up! but this year im stuck here in wyoming and my son is at his fathers house.. :( dang.. im sad.. cuz gonna be my first halloween without TJ.. sighs..

CODAchild said:
:angel: I don't have too much in the way of decorations. I did buy some bear statues dressed up as witches, and my dad went to his friend's farm and bought Tiger a pumpkin. I am going to try and go this weekend to buy more decorations. The candy I will get before Halloween, as I am afraid I will end up eating them myself. :lol:

You can have some of mine! :hug:

i dont know what i'm doing on halloween days.... i haven't decorate anything cuz i'm not at my hometown yet.... :-P but on end of oct.. .I'm positive that I'm going to six flags in chicago to have a blast with friends.

We decorated Halloween last Saturday.

For kitchen:
To put small pumpkins with leaves lighting
One color window of pumpkins, spook & witch together on the kitchen windows
2 orange square candle with form of black bats on the kitchen bar
Few poreclain spooks & witch
one witch to hang on the kitchen ceciling.
few bats (Exactly same bat like this)
http://members.aol.com/toyguy710/bat.JPG

Put around 20 inches height poreclain witch to the corner to watch us... :giggle:

Few Halloween window color where my children made at years ago in mud room and their bedrooms, also crafts, too.

Living room & dinning room
Put poreclain haunted house with spook, black cat, pumpkins, witch, etc. including candle (where I bought from candlelit party at years ago) on the bank of fireplace with autumn leaves, 2 poreclain pumpkins with candlelit and one poreclain skull with candlelit, 2 real look Raven birds.
2 candlelit in poreclain pumpkins to hang on the dinning room window.
Put different type of poreclain large & small pumpkins on the floor next to both sides of fire place with green/brown leaves, one real look Raven bird
types of pumpkins - Example like this
http://www.redmond.k12.or.us/patrick/alexander/images/02-03/pumpkin patch/MVC-291S.JPG
http://www.nwlagardener.org/images/pumpkin.jpg

I rather to have poreclain things to keep for every years than have real pumpkins. I would like very much to have real pumpkins but I'm only one in family who like to eat pumpkins... :( Why should I eat all of them? My children want to have real pumpkins to decorate at our garden with candles. I told them who should eat pumpkins after finish done with pumpkins to decorate at our garden? They replied: "Of course You". I told them that I can't eat ALL of 2 pumpkins, it would be good if they helps me to eat pumpkins together like soup, cakes, etc. They said No Way. I told them again that should we throw vegetable away to rubbish bin after finish with decorate pumpkins? They said again... No Way and waste... (We did that at 2 years ago... awful... I has to eat all the pumpkins alone for all the week... :barf: because I don't like waste if I threw it away to rubbish bin.)

I started looking around for Halloween stuff this week.. so I'm sure I'll have decorations up soon! I'm going to get 3 Pumpkins.. one medium for me, 1 small for my daughter and a large one for my honey.. so we can each carve our own pumpkins.. I love carving!

We started making autumn dishes such as curried pumpkin soup, cauliflower and potato puree soup flavoured with coriander and garan marsala, etc... It's so nice to take comfort in warm dishes as the days are winding shorter and colder.

We probably will just make jack o lanterns, that's it. Local Walmart sells decent sized ones for 2$ a piece. Smith's sells them for 15 cents per pound. We'll investigate which is a good price and get some soon.

Back