silent... silly question, why not.. *shush*

silent

• one day

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • two days

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • three days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 3 days and explain in your post.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
I take my HAs off before going to bed and put them on when waking up. Sometimes, I have days when I dont wear them at all.

I wear my HAs on and off. Ive gone days without wearing them. I almost always wear them when I get out of the house or when watching movies and sometimes wear them when talking with parents. I can easily read lips even without sounds. I do like sounds and would love to hear some sounds without the inconvinence of HAs.

wow i see that there are more than 3 days that most of us take ha or ci off for a long period of time. interesting! thanks folks!

I wear my ha's all morning every day. From 7-8am until 1-2pm by then I start getting a headache. I usually don't have to put them back in again, but now I can without the headache coming back for a few hours if needed. Glad I'm not the only one who gets headaches, my audi thought I was unique with them.

I have been in the silent mode for the last 9 years since I retired my HAs in 2001

I go for days without HA's sometimes. I feel more comfortable with my natural hearing...or lack of it. LOL

I quit using HAs since I was in the early 20s. I have been happier because I can't stand wearing HAs anymore. They gave me some headaches plus my ears were sensitive (red or swollen...sometimes both ears have zits inside). I enjoy the silence. :laugh2:

I used to go days without HA's as i don't notice much if they are on or off!
Hwever, since i had the CI, I only ever kept my ci off once for a day is when i was not well just to beable drift of to sleep. In the 20 months i had my CI it's always on except from bedtimes/shower.

Sometimes I'd have HAs off for one day if I'm at home and has no plans to go anywhere.

At work I'd turn off my HAs because I don't always like the noises.

Anything with tools that makes noises are not natural to me which is why I turn it off sometimes when it is necessary. especially, if i get headaches or feeling so dizzy then turns it off then i feel okay!

I normally don't wear my hearing aid. I hate wearing it at work because I'm so distracted by everyone talking and the phones ringing. So, I only wear it when I watch movies (at home or theater) or when I go out and I know there'll be music playing. On an average - I'd wear it maybe once a week.

How many days did you turn your CI or HA off and be silent?

and

Why did you turn your HA and CI off for a day or more?

I love my CI but sometimes I want a quiet day to let my brain relax. Taking breaks is not a bad thing. I like silence once in a while. I like to take good care of my brain.

Sometimes I don't wear my CI for a day or so. ^^^ I'm with lucia on this one.

Hope hearing parents need to read this for deaf/hoh children's sakes if the kids need to take their HAs or CIs off for some reasons but will wear them later. SO maybe the kids dont realize if it were headache or dizzy or anything that bothers them. Hearing parents would understand and will give kids some break without wearing HAs or CIs.

Lately, I have my HAs off more than I have them on. :giggle:

My kids have had theirs off for 6-8 years. Will now be donating their HA's to the local Deaf Service Center.

I like to - "NOT", wear my HA, mostly because I like the silence, and also - since my hearing has gotten worse - it seems to me, when I do have my aid in, and when I am in a noisy enviroment where there are lots of people talking @ once - I get rather bothered by all the racket!

I have tinnitus also, and even that @ times, when it's @ its loudest - is much better than hearing lots of people talking @ one time! :lol:

-charles

If I could, I wouldn't wear them at all - but it is not really possible since everyone I interact with is hearing. I am grateful to have them. I wear them when I'm in class, but I naturally take them off if I am not interacting with hearing folk - which vary from day to day.

Back