Signs Restaurant!

I still haven't been (I know, I suck), I have heard that it's good but expensive!

There are more and more deaf opening restaurant and cafe.

There is also a Deaf KFC.

Me too.. Should visit there as well.

The only deaf-owned and operated KFC I know of is in Egypt. Where are you from??

I heard about Signs Restaurant too!! I want to go so bad! But when am I ever going to be in canada???? Hope I go soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I have some native friends who like to travel. They had gone to the Signs Restaurant in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They love the food and were very happy to be in the Deaf restaurant. I would love to go, too. It would be fun to sign with the waitress or waiter for ordering food. That would be great. **nodded** :D

I will not eat there since the owner is hearing, who run the deaf restaurant.

I hear of all the new DEAF restaurants that are just starting up, but am I the only one that knows about "Mozzeria"? It was built by the deaf community, by deaf owners, and is employed by members of the deaf community in San Fran, Calia. It has been opened since December 2011and has some really great food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd98vudwXZw

No I do not work with or for the Mozzria, but it is were I took a "girl" once for the very first time; today she is now a woman as my WIFE.

I doubt very much that you are the only one here who knows about the Mozzeria. Myself, my wife and a number of friends ate there a couple years ago....

I hear of all the new DEAF restaurants that are just starting up, but am I the only one that knows about "Mozzeria"? It was built by the deaf community, by deaf owners, and is employed by members of the deaf community in San Fran, Calia. It has been opened since December 2011and has some really great food.

I was sent a link by someone I'd only recently met who said "I bet you know about this place". Because it was from the SF Times I just said 'Mozzeria?' but no - it was a report on Signs!

authentic said:

Do you know why Mr Manikumar opened the restaurant?

I was sent a link by someone I'd only recently met who said "I bet you know about this place". Because it was from the SF Times I just said 'Mozzeria?' but no - it was a report on Signs!

Because Mr. Manikumar is a hearing version of selling "ABC" cards to public in order to make a profit.

I guess that Mr. Manikumar had a Deaf patron in the restaurant where he worked before. This Deaf patron had been eating in the restaurant for years. So I guess he decided to open a restaurant so that the Deaf patron and other Deaf people can come in with ASL from the waitresses and waiters to communicate them about ordering food either at the tables or take out (I think). That was how he started the "Signs" restaurant for Deaf patrons. :hmm:

Presumably one can eat at home in "peace".

Dr. Phil, you can use paper and pen if you don't know how to sign or fingerspelll what you want to buy in the Deaf restaurant. You are living in Toronto and the "Signs" restaurant is there in your city.

You can check it out and see what you like to eat in this restaurant. Don't be afraid to go into just because there were other d/Deaf people there. It would be fun to do new things for you. You don't have to be coop up in your home all the time. You need time out to explore where Deaf Culture goes. Try it. :cool2:

So? He has opened doors for the deaf community to gain employment and experience that can be added to their resume. Who cares if the owner is hearing, but he is AWARE about the community and the culture. Still a problem for you?

So? He has opened doors for the deaf community to gain employment and experience that can be added to their resume. Who cares if the owner is hearing, but he is AWARE about the community and the culture. Still a problem for you?

he took advantage

Back