Signing

Yadriel

Reaction score
So I need to learn ASL, I know some of it but not enough to carry out a conversation and with my hearing getting worse I feel it's important to learn it. Anyone think they can help? The only video call app i use is Google Hangouts.

Hey Xela,

I encourage you to take asl classes in person, go to Deaf events, immerse yourself into Deaf culture :)

You are however always welcome to practice with me, but I'm also a new signer and I wouldn't want to teach you bad habits

Hey Xela,

I encourage you to take asl classes in person, go to Deaf events, immerse yourself into Deaf culture :)

You are however always welcome to practice with me, but I'm also a new signer and I wouldn't want to teach you bad habits

I would take classes but i don't know of any places near me that do so, also my father doesn't approve of me learning to sign so i would more than likley not be able go.

I have a few deaf friends but my father doesn't let me associate with them, even though i am now with hearing loss and most likley end up hoh.

I do as well as i can off of youtube but most of it is PSE or SEE even if search ASL it isn't always ASL.

I can carry a basic conversation (possibly having to finger spell certain words depending) and i try to use it as my main language since my g.a.d causes me to go mute if i have a anxiety attack which is often..

Back