Hi There to all the deaf and mute community, I am conducting an interview survey in regards to an innovation course at my university and I am looking into the hardships faced daily by the mute community. I would love it if you can participate even for a bit. I would be glad for you to answer these questions and help develop some insights:
- In what environments is it difficult for you to understand other people?
- How do you communicate in a small group setting like a discussion group?
- Have you used interpreters in the past? If so, what has been your experience?
- Are you willing to use remote interpreters? When would remote interpreters be an appropriate option for you?
- Have you ever used a speech-to-text service? If so, how was your experience?
- What is it like to have your words translated by an interpreter? as in being dependent on someone translating your sign to speech? do you feel safe knowing that he might not accurately convey and translate your message?
- What are common problems faced by hard of hearing people in their daily interactions with others?
- How have hard of hearing people been able to adjust to online work meetings?
- What is the best way to communicate with a person who is deaf if I don’t know sign language?