*sighs* Young Girl attacked by pitbull

MsGiglz

Reaction score
wcco.com - Young Girl Attacked By Pit Bull

(WCCO) A four year old is recovering after being attacked by a pit bull outside her home. It happened Friday night outside a duplex on the 3200 block of North Lyndale Avenue in Minneapolis.

Four-year-old Huyen Phan was walking around her duplex to knock on the neighbor's door when the dog bit her.

The 80 pound pit bull was on a chain, but was able to bite the girl on the head and upper arm. She had to have 13 staples put in her scalp.

The dog owner's brother threw himself on top of the girl to keep the dog from biting her again.

The girl's mother says it could have been worse. "It just hard to think that if nobody was out there that it could've been a total different story, I probably wouldn't be talking about her right now ... She's only four. She's just little and dogs have a lot more power over a child," said Ngan Tran.

The little girl is home and doing very well. Her mother is thankful the injuries were not more severe.

The dog was seized by animal control and well be held for 10 days to see if it has rabies. It is not known if the girl will have to take rabies shots.

Oh boy! Glad that little girl able to escape!

It does happen in Denver for many years but ended up to ban on own of pitbulls in 1989.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa glad the girl is ok not serious. Hope the dog dont have rabies cuz I sure dont want to see the girl getting a shot.

I just watched the video library news about the four years old, I'm so grateful that she hasn't gotten worst. Thanks to the owner's brother who saved that little girl, if it wasn't for him, who knows what would happened. That's something I don't even want to think about. :(

wcco.com - Young Girl Attacked By Pit Bull

(.

The 80 pound pit bull was on a chain, s.

This is awful story, but BEWARE if you see any dogs that are on a chain, NEVER apporach those dogs. They are 3 times more likely to be more aggressive than a dog who live indoor. Again, it does not matter if it was a pitbull or not. Unforunately it happens to be a pitbull who attacked the girl.

Why is it wrong to keep a dog on a chain?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The practice is inhumane and it is dangerous. The dog is descended from and closely related to the wolf, and like the wolf, the dog is a pack animal. This means that dogs by nature are social creatures that need to live in family groups. Interaction with its human family and other animals is vital to any dog. When kept chained in one spot 24/7, day after day, month after month, deprived of family life, the dog becomes frustrated, anxious, and eventually neurotic. Tied by the neck, he is unable to defend his family or himself. He is subject to teasing and other abuse from children or cruel people. Often the dog's neck grows raw from improperly fitted collars and constant straining against the chain.

Even if his physical needs are provided for, the chained dog suffers psychological damage. Lonely and frustrated, he can become very possessive of his small space and grows increasingly aggressive. Statistics show that the chained dog is 2.5 times more likely to bite than the dog living inside with its family.

New Brunswick SPCA ~ Frequently Asked Questions

San Antonio Dog Left Chained Outside In The Cold: His Family Says They Don't Care

Animal-Rights Group Wants to Halt Dog-Chaining :: WRAL.com

This is awful story, but BEWARE if you see any dogs that are on a chain, NEVER apporach those dogs. They are 3 times more likely to be more aggressive than a dog who live indoor. Again, it does not matter if it was a pitbull or not. Unforunately it happens to be a pitbull who attacked the girl.

Why is it wrong to keep a dog on a chain?--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The practice is inhumane and it is dangerous. The dog is descended from and closely related to the wolf, and like the wolf, the dog is a pack animal. This means that dogs by nature are social creatures that need to live in family groups. Interaction with its human family and other animals is vital to any dog. When kept chained in one spot 24/7, day after day, month after month, deprived of family life, the dog becomes frustrated, anxious, and eventually neurotic. Tied by the neck, he is unable to defend his family or himself. He is subject to teasing and other abuse from children or cruel people. Often the dog's neck grows raw from improperly fitted collars and constant straining against the chain.

Even if his physical needs are provided for, the chained dog suffers psychological damage. Lonely and frustrated, he can become very possessive of his small space and grows increasingly aggressive. Statistics show that the chained dog is 2.5 times more likely to bite than the dog living inside with its family.

New Brunswick SPCA ~ Frequently Asked Questions

San Antonio Dog Left Chained Outside In The Cold: His Family Says They Don't Care

Animal-Rights Group Wants to Halt Dog-Chaining :: WRAL.com

Oh well, this family is too poor to have garage or fix the gates, also gates seems in poor condition and end up for their family to make dogs to be leashed by chaning when tie on tree. If they wish to not have dogs in their house then we can nothing to do, that house is small and no garage.

We did moved to other house, that what parent want and found that there's no gate or fence then they chose to chained their dog, also see thread about our dog that passed away in 2003 but they supposed to left in garage but no environment friendly, such as outside and need some air. They don't feel so well to keep in house.

Oh well, this family is too poor to have garage or fix the gates, also gates seems in poor condition and end up for their family to make dogs to be leashed by chaning when tie on tree. If they wish to not have dogs in their house then we can nothing to do, that house is small and no garage.

We did moved to other house, that what parent want and found that there's no gate or fence then they chose to chained their dog, also see thread about our dog that passed away in 2003 but they supposed to left in garage but no environment friendly, such as outside and need some air. They don't feel so well to keep in house.

It is cruel to put a dog on the chain or leave it in the garage 24/7. If the family does not want to keep a dog inside, the best option is get rid of the dog, period or get a fence. It is inhumane to keep a dog like that. I do not care how much the family love the dog, because they can not keep it inside. Dogs are pack animals and they like to socialize with their family.

Aww poor little girl :(

Yeah I do agree that it is cruel to chain the dog up for 24/7 ...I mean how would the owner feel, if he/shes been chain up for a long period of time, no freedom, no running nothing just sitting there watching the birds flying by..

The owner shouldn't have chain his dog up near the door, anyone could have been attacked, the dog should have been more than a couple of feet away from the door and out of the way, then no one would have gotten hurt, and there's no business for a 4 years old being outside alone, I never allow my 4 years old outside alone without me being out there watching him/her....I'm not trying to blame the parents here but I hate the fact that some parents allowing their little children outside alone without being out there and watching them....

This is very sad to hear that this little girl has been attacked by a 80 pounds pitbull, and I'm glad to hear that the owner's brother threw himself on top of this little girl by trying to keep the pitbull from attacking her more, he's an hero for risking his own life by saving someone else....

If owners can not take care of their dog by allowing the dog to roam freely on their property with the fences being high enough for the dog to remain on the property, then they have no business owning a dog in the first place....cause it is not right to chain a dog up in the back yard for months or even years by not being able to run around freely or socialize with other people and children .... :(

If you own small dogs, around under 10 lbs or so then would too risky to leave in outside with fence because of hawk (big bird that can kidnap and kill it) and gate isn't good because of coyote that can jump so higher to attack it. Just one options are struck in house but only can let go outside and pee-pee without leash.

Now, our latest dog was killed by coyote when let out and pee-pee but... ended up to got chased and attacked it. We cannot leash our dog because of too diffcult to pee-pee on ground.

It is cruel to put a dog on the chain or leave it in the garage 24/7. If the family does not want to keep a dog inside, the best option is get rid of the dog, period or get a fence. It is inhumane to keep a dog like that. I do not care how much the family love the dog, because they can not keep it inside. Dogs are pack animals and they like to socialize with their family.

That's our parent's problem, not for me.

They are doing too risky but they don't own pets anymore.

I agree with you... you got to remember that Pacman is still a young lad.... he still has lots lots to learn.. even tho he is bright...still naive...

But pacman is right for one thing, dogs doesn't have to be in the house all the time, they do need air and exercise but the only thing I disagree with is being chained up for a long period of time or being kept in the garage all the time, it's not fair to the dog, they need love from their owners, and they need to socialize with them too....pets should be treated as they are one of your children....

Some owners are not perfect, and they do make mistakes, and that happens....so it not fair to be soo hard on Pacman here, cause he is learning....and that goes for all of us here...

If you own small dogs, around under 10 lbs or so then would too risky to leave in outside with fence because of hawk (big bird that can kidnap and kill it) and gate isn't good because of coyote that can jump so higher to attack it. Just one options are struck in house but only can let go outside and pee-pee without leash.

Yep, its better to keep ALL dogs indoor, no matter how big or small they are. It's too dangerous to stay outside all day 24/7.

I agree with Angel a four years old kid has no business going outside by herself.

sxyporkie said:
you got to remember that Pacman is still a young lad.... he still has lots lots to learn.. even tho he is bright...still naive.
What does that supposed to mean? It seems to me you got an issue with Pacman, I came to noticed that in several threads already, Pacman is entitle to his opinion as much as everyone else here. ;)

But the people who want to be pet owner then they should think twice before own the pets accord safety why can't they then?

But what about take dog for a walk to fresh air?

Anyway, I'm glad that a girl is okay and survived... *phew*

I agree with you... you got to remember that Pacman is still a young lad.... he still has lots lots to learn.. even tho he is bright...still naive...

Remember that age is only number :)

I have seen some adult talk immaturity which total different as young adult's maturity.

Sure, we all are not prefect but I compared Pacman with some adults and must say that Pacman is mature enough and know how to deal with people in respect way than adults. I praise Pacman for that....

Back