Show Your Photography Ability

web.jpg

web.jpg

Looks like you stood on top of Owl Canyon?

Outside of my home front and was very chilly sleeting here Today. It's Orion and Lepus stars and waning moonlight. To know that Fall already arrived. Good to see Orion back! This photography took two weeks ago

Is anyone who is tech savvy with the Nikon D60, I only know a little haha.

IMG_1779-1.jpg

IMG_1769-1.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

Antelope Canyon in Navajo Tribal Park in Arizona. I use Canon compact digital camera.

these photos looks good, David.

Thank you!

yeah I hold my camera without flash beside some rock to shot some picture. I don't have tripod. I was jealous to see that almost travelers have own digital SLR camera with wide and zoom lens. Next time I will buy new SLR camera.

Thank you!

yeah I hold my camera without flash beside some rock to shot some picture. I don't have tripod. I was jealous to see that almost travelers have own digital SLR camera with wide and zoom lens. Next time I will buy new SLR camera.

Well, to be fair, an dSLR that was completely out of reach for 99% of us a handful of years ago, is today's 'low end' camera. You can pick up a canon 10d with a kit lens for 200$, a nikon 40d for 400$, and ebay has excellent deals on a whole range of lenses.

dSLRs used to be 'the pros' cameras, but now they're within the afford-ability of 'average joe', and come with the ability to take crisp, fast shots even on full auto with almost no start up time, so more people with no photography experience and no desire to do anything but flip the camera on auto and use it as it is, are buying them.

As for me, if I could afford to keep up with the price of film at the rate I shoot (anywhere from 400 shots on a bad week, 1000+ish on a normal week, and 8000+ if I'm at an event).. I'd stick to using my m7 and my film slr. As it were, my finances are not that impressive, so I switch between my digital slr and heading off to pray for the finances to invest in an m8.

Landscapes photographs don't really shake things up for me.

I agree with you in this one. Landscape photography is, for me, rather dull. I like to take things that are plain, average, or even hideous in real life and make a picture I can love out of them. I take no pleasure in simply capturing something already blatantly beautiful.

wow everyone guarantee never comment on my any pics so I think I better stop posting any pics here unless anyone find me on facebook

Just some of mine that I shot last weekend:

the 10th Street Bridge in downtown Minneapolis; it is adjacent to the 35W bridge that collapsed August 1, 2007:

IMG_7333-72.jpg

The famous (old) Gold Medal Flour mill:

IMG_7378-72.jpg

The original 35W bridge signs that went down in the collapse (I was at the 35W bridge wreckage storage facility near the U of M this past weekend):

IMG_7324-72.jpg

Chevy57, those are some AWESOME photos of the Antelope Canyon!

Is anyone who is tech savvy with the Nikon D60, I only know a little haha.

I m very expert with Nikon D40x and D60 similar ways. But they lack HDR feature something you have to manual your exposures to gather a once. D90 and anothers are still the best but price. I know white balance, apecture, shutter, and many lists I learned alot and faster. I m very good with photography.

Here are some pics that I took around the apt. The first one was using Canon A60 and the last two pictures were from Canon Rebel XT

cinnWindow.jpg

MarshEyes.jpg

daisy.jpg

Boring!

Why not take a picture of a person in black and white then enchane the eyes into colorful, like crystal blue, or sky blue.

i'd better get busy with my Canon Rebel XTI... geez, i missed taking shots in nature n stuffs. I'd better do it in sometime around.

those pictures looks good!

Starrygaze, PM me the good tips in photography of the Nikon D60 such as for example night time shot of the light trails along the roads, do you know how to snap of these? Just PM me, if you can! :)

Starrygaze, PM me the good tips in photography of the Nikon D60 such as for example night time shot of the light trails along the roads, do you know how to snap of these? Just PM me, if you can! :)

I know how to use night photography. Must use tripod. Easy to use!

Back