Show Your Old Photos

who remembers these?? I hated them! and no this is not me...but kind of looks like me as a child.
cfed87bdc62471729e3841dc8744d324.jpg

I had one but it wasn't THAT big! Mine was a Y cord- just one plug and two ear pieces (kind of like the modern day earbuds/headphones...)

I had one but it wasn't THAT big! Mine was a Y cord- just one plug and two ear pieces (kind of like the modern day earbuds/headphones...)
Yeah I had one like this , i had to wear it whenever my battery died from my hearing aid. I hated it and yes it was that BIG.

If I can find it (My mother kept the damned thing- I think she still has it after moving) I'll snap a pic lol.

Those use batteries too. What’s the difference?
hearing aid batteries and that HUGE thing is a total difference. if you look at that box, there is a small part on the top that looks like you insert it like a piece of lego of some sorts. That is the piece you have to have to make it work.

I HATED IT!!!!!!

hearing aid batteries and that HUGE thing is a total difference. if you look at that box, there is a small part on the top that looks like you insert it like a piece of lego of some sorts. That is the piece you have to have to make it work.

I HATED IT!!!!!!

Batteries are batteries. For the body aids yes they were bigger (with mine they looked like a Double A battery if I remember right). I don't remember how long a battery lasted though. They came in little packs of 2- red box with a red wrapper you could peel off the battery lol, but the HA only used one.

I get that with the BTE, the body aid was a backup- but what happened if both batteries were dead... D-E-A-D dead?

Batteries are batteries. For the body aids yes they were bigger (with mine they looked like a Double A battery if I remember right). I don't remember how long a battery lasted though. They came in little packs of 2- red box with a red wrapper you could peel off the battery lol, but the HA only used one.

I get that with the BTE, the body aid was a backup- but what happened if both batteries were dead... D-E-A-D dead?
yes batteries are batteries, however, she was asking what is the difference? one is a BTE behind the ear and the other a 7 lb box that you wear on your chestmy was beige with a orange block. lol.

I HATED IT!!!!!!
Yes, I know. I had one too. I was just asking why, if your HA battery died, didn’t you just replace that battery, as these big ones used a battery as well?

Yes, I know. I had one too. I was just asking why, if your HA battery died, didn’t you just replace that battery, as these big ones used a battery as well?
not sure WHY they made us wear it as I had a hearing aid, unless my memory is slipping and i might have forgotten to wear my hearing aid and had to wear that huge thing on my chest. Uggh bad memories. lol

Back