Should i get hearing aids

karap

Reaction score
Hey everyone I need your honest opinion. Should i get hearing aids or not? I have moderate conductive hearing loss in my right ear and mild conductive hearing loss in my left ear.

Hey everyone I need your honest opinion. Should i get hearing aids or not? I have moderate conductive hearing loss in my right ear and mild conductive hearing loss in my left ear.

Hearing aids were designed for that level of loss too. I'd get them; you'd be amazed what you're missing.

Laura

If it is what you want..like someone said why not? Is your insurance paying for the hearing aids or are you buying them from the internet? I think the best thing is to visit an audiologist.

Conductive loss is more easily reversed. See a doctor before you make the investment. HA's for conductive loss are much less expensive and easier to get, if that is what you need.

DeafNerdMommy...did you get BTE's? I have mild "loss" both ears

My case is do to chronic ear infections. I got a really serious one when I was 16 it turned in to mastoidist. And also my Eustachian tubes being so small and also bented

My case is do to chronic ear infections. I got a really serious one when I was 16 it turned in to mastoidist. And also my Eustachian tubes being so small and also bented

Was this painful? Because you write like it was painful :cry:

And also my Eustachian tubes being so small and also bented
I know this feeling, my eustachian tubes are completely sealed. There is an experimental surgery but they would have to build me an eustachian tube first.

There are many approved procedures to open eustatian tubes. They aren’t “surgery” they insert a tiny catheter into the tube, inflate a balloon that expands the diameter of the tube. A small metal stent can be placed to keep the eustacian tube open.
This procedure could cure most people with mild conductive hearing loss caused by fluid in the middle ear.
http://www.enttoday.org/article/new-developments-in-the-management-of-eustachian-tube-dysfunction/2/

I know this feeling, my eustachian tubes are completely sealed. There is an experimental surgery but they would have to build me an eustachian tube first.

There are many approved procedures to open eustatian tubes. They aren’t “surgery” they insert a tiny catheter into the tube, inflate a balloon that expands the diameter of the tube. A small metal stent can be placed to keep the eustacian tube open.
This procedure could cure most people with mild conductive hearing loss caused by fluid in the middle ear.
http://www.enttoday.org/article/new-developments-in-the-management-of-eustachian-tube-dysfunction/2/
My ent told me about this, but didn't want to do it. I don't know why, it would help drain things :dunno:

I have severe hearing loss in one ear and moderate in the other. I got BTEs on the NHS in UK and they were great. they opened up so many new things that I didn't have even if it was just taking a bit of pressure of my lip reading in the pub.

Back