Should i become the first deaf person to run with the bulls?

The Joker

Reaction score
Heres what goes on down in Pamplona Spain

man-injured-in-running-of-the-bulls-despite-writing-guide-to-running-of-the-bulls.gif

running-with-bulls-o.gif

Well should i?

first deaf? somebody probably already is.

That's a young man's game. Aren't you an elderly diabetic?

Heres what goes on down in Pamplona Spain

man-injured-in-running-of-the-bulls-despite-writing-guide-to-running-of-the-bulls.gif

running-with-bulls-o.gif

Well should i?

If you want to take a risk in this, running with the bull without being hit or crush. It is really dangerous if you are going to be an idiot. I agree with Botti that it seem to be for young people and I agree with Jiro that there may be some d/Deaf people probably Spanish people but there are others from other countries that came to Spain to take the risk.

I don't like to see both the bulls and the human beings taking the risk like that. Go ahead if you say "Should I?". It is all up to you. **shaking my head** **sigh** :(

early 50s isn't old. Look at Satchel Page He was almost 60 when he retired.

Satchel Paige was an athlete.... a baseball player.

so you're in a good shape to run with the bulls?

Barking mad deaf or hearing horn up bum same for everyone

early 50s isn't old. Look at Satchel Page He was almost 60 when he retired.
No, early 50s isn't old but the bigger thing to take into account is your health and stamina. You have to be able to y'know... OUTRUN the bulls not trot along besides them or right in front. I'm sure there are/have been folks of all ages who go but betting many either are already in peak physical condition or actually train to go.

Also Satchel Paige had been playing baseball for many many years plus he did not join the MLB until he was 42 years old (oldest rookie); prior to that he was in the Negro Leagues.

To me, it seems like it offers less fun and more adrenaline than other options. It'd be a bit of an experience just to witness it though, and maybe be close enough to the action to get a taste without the whole being trampled bit.

I'd recommend sky diving if you are looking for a thrill and haven't done it before. It's an experience like no other and something worth doing at least once. It also has a better fun to harm ratio than running with the bulls.

Wow, the end of western civilization is near... I did not see anyone mentioning the effects of this unjust tradition on the animals themselves. These animals are not supposed to be like this, running through the streets in fear and putting people's lives in danger, and striking out with their horns in self-defense. Remember, if you do this, what goes around comes around. It is for you to discover just when, how, and what circumstance it will manifest in.

Nic, you pointed at something, the adrenal rush of the experience. It seems to be that the world is full of thrill seekers looking for sensual pleasure. Like people are #1 about money and #2 about thrill-seeking and putting what really needs to be done right as #3 and their spiritual experience at #4. However I assume that many Spaniards are religious, but their perspective of animals is colored by their Abrahamic framing of the religious experience.

Better off deaf can't hear them hooves behind you just run behind strongest runners when they jump you jumpy

Read where these bulls are slaughtered afterwards...Never liked "the sport"...even bull fighting is horrific.

Don't feel The Joker could keep up with the crowd running...hence to say...."If you can't run with the big dawgs...then stay on the porch"

Wow, the end of western civilization is near... I did not see anyone mentioning the effects of this unjust tradition on the animals themselves. These animals are not supposed to be like this, running through the streets in fear and putting people's lives in danger, and striking out with their horns in self-defense. Remember, if you do this, what goes around comes around. It is for you to discover just when, how, and what circumstance it will manifest in.

Nic, you pointed at something, the adrenal rush of the experience. It seems to be that the world is full of thrill seekers looking for sensual pleasure. Like people are #1 about money and #2 about thrill-seeking and putting what really needs to be done right as #3 and their spiritual experience at #4. However I assume that many Spaniards are religious, but their perspective of animals is colored by their Abrahamic framing of the religious experience.
Hmm, money is definitely a focus for a lot of people in the Western world, but I think it's more of a means to an end than a pure pursuit of greed, for most people.

Thrill seeking and spiritual experiences are not mutually exclusive. I'm personally not much of a thrill seeker, but I do seek out new experiences and I have been sky diving. To me, it wasn't honestly a big adrenaline thrill type rush. It was an amazing experience to fall freely through the air from so high up though. I'd liken it to more of a spiritual thing than thrill thing, for me personally.

Spirituality is something different for every person. What we want to do with our time on Earth is something that each of us has to choose for ourselves. My philosophy is such that people can do as they want so long as they don't impede on the freedoms of others.

As for the bulls, nature is brutal. How we treat our food is pretty crummy sometimes, but all animals play with their food. It's nice to think mankind should rise above our natural instincts, but what are our instincts if not natural?

In regards to the slaughtering of the bulls afterward, at least we're eating them and not wasting the food. We slaughter animals in huge numbers all the time (how many billions of chickens do we kill annually?). Only the vegetarians among us have any right to speak against the slaughtering of the bulls.

I do not condone the mistreatment of animals in any way shape or form, but I do accept that it happens in civilized culture, and in nature. The running of the bulls is basically a ridiculous event based on a weird tradition. But, I don't think it's horrible mistreatment of the bulls though, to let them stampede through the town one last time before we eat them. Their brethren get sent to a factory and don't get that final stampede before we slaughter and eat them.

Last edited:
I am veggi but my views on this is it cultural thing been happening before Europeans ever came to America.mankind seems have some genetic bias to get sport out of killing.American Indians although spiritual use to herd buffalo off mountines not sure if that was sport or survival.The worse thing I ever seen is dropping donkey off church steeple again it Spanish thing that cruel and I see no purpose apart cruel entertainment it serve no purpose.
humans have cruel streak

I am veggi but my views on this is it cultural thing been happening before Europeans ever came to America.mankind seems have some genetic bias to get sport out of killing.American Indians although spiritual use to herd buffalo off mountines not sure if that was sport or survival.The worse thing I ever seen is dropping donkey off church steeple again it Spanish thing that cruel and I see no purpose apart cruel entertainment it serve no purpose.
humans have cruel streak
I'm with you on this. I have no interest in cruelty, but I get that some people do for some reason. When we look at nature, it kind of makes sense. Many animals play with their prey, essentially torturing them, before they eat them. Sometimes they don't even eat them... they just play around with them then leave them. It's weird, but it's play...

Maybe I've just watched too many episodes of Nature, but the similarities between animals and humans are pretty profound.

Back