• No

Votes: 30 73.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
"Homework, or homework assignment, refers to tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed outside of class. Common homework assignments may include a quantity or period of reading to be performed, writing or typing to be completed, problems to be solved, a school project to be built, or other skills to be practiced." -- Wiki

In Dispute: Should Homework be Banned? by #inDISPUTE on deviantART

What do you think?

EDIT: This poll is settled up as a private only, so your vote with your name will not show up in the poll. Just head up, AD'ers. :)

EDIT II: I should voice my opinion on this one. I voted "Unsure" because it is actually news to me. I never thought of effects on people if they are doing homework. But, I feel uneasy about ban the whole homework because I thought it is too extreme. I kinda of agreed with one dA commenter, belle-of-kilronan.

Last edited:
I believe that homework assignment should be banned but... students should still study everyday to retention the information in their brain. The 1 hour studying should be enough by read the book or information handout. Those is best preparation for test.

The homework take time away from family and I believe that family should spend more time with their child.

When I was younger, my father filled out the homework assignment for me and showed the paper then put in folder. That left me as none to learn and until I got in middle school, I got very little or no homework because special education was much worse so left me with very little learning. When I entered 9th grade at high school and I got zero homework at all. The special education at high school is nothing, except for crafting like use construction paper to decorate, color the picture, basic math like add and subtract, read preschool/kindergarten, watch Nick Jr. on TV, walk on track field with teacher, free ice cream, free juices, free snacks, basic history/science and play kiddie games on iMac G3. I told my parent that I want go to college and they started surprised about classroom that I was in, was bad. I had long IEP and my parent agreed with me that I should go to deaf school for better education. I was extremely struggle with high school for 2 years until much improvement during senior year but not ready for college because of my english and reading weren't great. I left deaf school to hearing school so made my first time to be in mainstream classes with hearing students. I didn't pass the state exam in english until late 2006 so I got high school diploma. My VR recommended me go to community college before transfer to university but I rather to worked for several years so not enroll at community college until Spring 2010.

I'm seriously regretted about left deaf school because I had terrible experience with mainstream school.

During mainstream classes, I noticed many students hadn't finish the assignment at home and our teacher wasn't happy but they let us to finish in class and cut the assignment that we could finish in class. I didn't have much homework in mainstream classes. The school that I was attend is underperforming and had been bad since 90's.

In college, it is your responsible to finish the assignment as you can and must be ahead to scheduled or you can fail the class easily. The college has more studying than in high school.

"Homework, or homework assignment, refers to tasks assigned to students by their teachers to be completed outside of class. Common homework assignments may include a quantity or period of reading to be performed, writing or typing to be completed, problems to be solved, a school project to be built, or other skills to be practiced." -- Wiki

In Dispute: Should Homework be Banned? by #inDISPUTE on deviantART

What do you think?

They should double or even triple the amount of homework because if they can't get to used to that on a regular basis they sure as hell won't be ready in the real world.

To Foxrac--

Interesting thought.

I did finish my homework the most of time but, sometimes, I didn't complete it for some reasons. I think it is probably better if it is a simple homework. For example, studying a few things for a few different things. I can understand if it'll be harder if you have a lot of homework from four to eight different classes in any college. It can be more painful than high school.

Oh, well. Welcome to reality, all after...

Last edited:
They should double or even triple the amount of homework because if they can't get to used to that on a regular basis they sure as hell won't be ready in the real world.

Wait, I think you prefer to spend more time with family and you support homeschooling so what's up with you?

True... I am not sure about ban all of the homework. But, what about little kids and older? That is where I disagree. I feel they should have a few homework once a week.

To Foxrac--

Interesting thought.

I did finish my homework the most of time but, sometimes, I didn't complete it for some reasons. I think it is probably better if it is a simple homework. For example, studying a few things for a few different things. I can understand if it'll be harder if you have a lot of homework from four to eight different classes in any college. It can be more painful than high school.

Oh, well. Welcome to reality, all after...

Some college courses don't have homework but you still to have study the note, book or handout.

8 classes or 24 credits (3 credits per class) is too much but you could finish the college so faster with those.

In this fall, I will have 5 classes - 15 credits and have 2 years to left.

True... I am not sure about ban all of the homework. But, what about little kids and older? That is where I disagree. I feel they should have a few homework once a week.

I'm talking once they get into middle school onward. It should be a gradual process, though but increasingly more homework. No sense in letting them have the idea that in life everything is free.

I'm talking once they get into middle school onward. It should be a gradual process, though but increasingly more homework. No sense in letting them have the idea that in life everything is free.

Okay, I see your point is.

Yeah, same with colleges where they will give you homework everyday. If I am able to keep it up, I am all good. If I can't keep it up, well, it is my own fault for being slow no matter what how I try to manage it with my own personal schedule. Since, it is only reality.

So, yeah...

Some college courses don't have homework but you still to have study the note, book or handout.

8 classes or 24 credits (3 credits per class) is too much but you could finish the college so faster with those.

In this fall, I will have 5 classes - 15 credits and have 2 years to left.

Yeah, some students did what you will do, too.

I only take two classes for this summer, and last Spring term, I took four classes with a few credits because of HS diploma I need...

Okay, I see your point is.

Yeah, same with colleges where they will give you homework everyday. If I am able to keep it up, I am all good. If I can't keep it up, well, it is my own fault for being slow no matter what how I try to manage it with my own personal schedule. Since, it is only reality.

So, yeah...

The college is different from high school.

You don't take class everyday, more like M-W or T-TH or M-W-F or once per week, however some classes take everyday.

Some classes provide assignments for more points to total grade and you don't have to finish in next day, unlike high school, but in some case, some professors want assignment to be completed in next day.

Almost all courses, even no assignments, require you to study, make better preparation prior to test/quiz and get a better note too.

For me, I didn't have many assignments when I was in hearing college but... I still have to study by read the note or book.

Yeah, some students did what you will do, too.

I only take two classes for this summer, and last Spring term, I took four classes with a few credits because of HS diploma I need...

me? I have choice to not take 8 classes so 5 classes are enough for me. My VR only paid that limited to 15 credits = 5 classes.

At college, you have choice about how many classes will you take and it is totally up to you but... schools have maximum credit that you could take - mostly 17-20 credits.

You don't take class everyday, more like M-W or T-TH or M-W-F or once per week, however some classes take everyday.

Some classes provide assignments for more points to total grade and you don't have to finish in next day, unlike high school, but in some case, some professors want assignment to be completed in next day.

Almost all courses, even no assignments, require you to study, make better preparation prior to test/quiz and get a better note too.

For me, I didn't have many assignments when I was in hearing college but... I still have to study by read the note or book.

But, I did get homeworks to classes everyday before-- for Monday to Thursday... And before a few last weeks, I return some homework to those classes. This summer, I still get the same thing for two days, Tuesday and Thursday. I gave out my homework every Thrusday as well.

:dunno:

But, I did get homeworks to classes everyday before-- for Monday to Thursday... And before a few last weeks, I return some homework to those classes. This summer, I still get the same thing for two days, Tuesday and Thursday. I gave out my homework every Thrusday as well.

:dunno:

It is up to professors.

When you start college courses with real credits so you will see.

me? I have choice to not take 8 classes so 5 classes are enough for me. My VR only paid that limited to 15 credits = 5 classes.

At college, you have choice about how many classes will you take and it is totally up to you but... schools have maximum credit that you could take - mostly 17-20 credits.

Yes, you're right about college. But, I was talked about HS diploma for replace my old one. If I graduate this summer, then I expect more extra homework for another college in Oregon. But, it is worthy for.

So, yes, it is totally different than HS, of course.

Yes, you're right about college. But, I was talked about HS diploma for replace my old one. If I graduate this summer, then I expect more extra homework for another college in Oregon. But, it is worthy for.

So, yes, it is totally different than HS, of course.

When I took remedial classes at college, it is known as no credit classes (less than 100 level), I had a lot of homework (assignments) but got LESS after I started credit classes, however MORE STUDYING - it means you have read all notes.

More extra homework - I think you means MORE studying.

Ah, I see.

Yup.

In American history course, I had to read 50 pages of note repeatedly until my brain started capable to retention the information. I had to read about 150 pages of history book. There is NO assignments but all grades are based on test, class attendance, motivation and communication with professor.

I passed the class with B.

True that!

Yes, it depends on the class. At my college, some classes are every day, some twice a week, some three times a week, some are Fast Forward (half a semester), and some are internet, so we never attend class on campus. I prefer the internet classes so I don't have to commute, and I can work at my own pace (usually ahead of schedule). My college encourages students to take more classes twice a week instead of daily. They want the students to reduce commuting and parking problems.

...Almost all courses, even no assignments, require you to study, make better preparation prior to test/quiz and get a better note too.
I've never had a class that didn't include assignments (how else do you get grades?) but you are correct that every course requires preparation and study.

Interesting.

Back