Should American voters care what the world thinks about the presidential candidates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edgar Cayce? no idea who's that... I need to start reading books....

2i12mup.jpg

Hear Again - it's a picture of a gloomy kid sitting on step stool, wearing a DUNCE hat.

Thanks for the description, Jiro! :)

Don't be too hard on yourself. Not many people know who Edgar Cayce is.

ah-ha! Nostradamus.. that I know. He's one scary dude!

Edgar Cayce was the modern version of Nostradamus...only less credible and from, I believe, Kentucky.

ah-ha! Nostradamus.. that I know. He's one scary dude!

You should have been in the 10th grade and hearing about him for the first time! Scared the living crap out of me! :eek3:

I would vote NO, but then i'm not an american so that doesnt count either:lol:, for me persoanlly, I am interested how the world percieves my country and government, but other than that whats the point, we can't vote, so although I would be interested to hear others views on our own election, I'd take no notice of them.

you can find out what most british people think of the American election at www.wecouldntcareless.com

I believe no, it shouldn't. Vote for who you like, and who wins is the one obviously preferred (unless there is vote tampering, but I don't want to discuss that possibility!). Why should non-Americans get a say? :D Do Americans get a say in non-American politics?

I would vote NO, but then i'm not an american so that doesnt count either:lol:, for me persoanlly, I am interested how the world percieves my country and government, but other than that whats the point, we can't vote, so although I would be interested to hear others views on our own election, I'd take no notice of them.

you can find out what most british people think of the American election at www.wecouldntcareless.com

How refreshing. According to some others, our election results are as important as the of Christ.

It's important for people in the US, but important for those broad?

Uh, I don't think so. :laugh2:

How refreshing. According to some others, our election results are as important as the of Christ.

It's important for people in the US, but important for those broad?

Uh, I don't think so. :laugh2:

well actually it is important for the people abroad as America has a wide international role.
I wanted obama to win purely to give the racists a bloody nose, and you have alot of them, colour plays no part in my judgement of people and it shouldn't for anyone who's IQ reaches double figures.
but to be honest,(and i have seen very little of his policies) I totally agree with McCain on not pulling out troops from Iraq, see it through, whats done, rightly or wrongly, has been done,we need to see it through, and we need to hold on for just a bit longer for the Iraqi's to handle their own security, then and only then I would be the first out the damn door, it's a crazy world over there.

Do voters in other countries care what Americans think about their political candidates?

Do voters in other countries care what Americans think about their political candidates?

I don't Reba, unless it's racism, then yes I do care, but other than that, no I don't. only because racists have no place in modern society, no matter what border they hide behind.

and to answer correctly this time reba, then No, i couldn't care less what Americans thought about our candidates, political partys or policies, like I said early I would be interested to read them, out of curiousity, but nothing more

well actually it is important for the people abroad as America has a wide international role.
I wanted obama to win purely to give the racists a bloody nose, and you have alot of them, colour plays no part in my judgement of people and it shouldn't for anyone who's IQ reaches double figures.
but to be honest,(and i have seen very little of his policies) I totally agree with McCain on not pulling out troops from Iraq, see it through, whats done, rightly or wrongly, has been done,we need to see it through, and we need to hold on for just a bit longer for the Iraqi's to handle their own security, then and only then I would be the first out the damn door, it's a crazy world over there.

Whether I agree or disagree, I have to tell you, Macian. You make a heck of alot of sense! :thumb:

Do you have some sort of crystal ball, or are you just a reincarnation of Edgar Cayce?

Unfortunately, the answer is no. I don't believe in reincarnation or crystal ball.

You sure do love the train analogy Reba came up with, don't you?

Well, it is not just Reba that came up with " train " analogy. I can see a " train " is comin' in miles away, if Obama is elected. I am sure Reba can see it herself, too. :)

Aside from that, I don't understand your comparison of wolves to the United States Presidency. :roll:

That's problem, because you don't see a " train " comin' unfortunately. I forgot to add ... it apparently that you see everythin' looks soo good when Obama gave his speeches. And, you agree with him totally.

That's problem, because you don't see a " train " comin' unfortunately. I forgot to add ... it apparently that you see everythin' looks soo good when Obama gave his speeches. And, you agree with him totally.

Now see, that's where you're wrong. If you had read my posts on AD, you would have known that there were at least two key issues that I disagreed with Obama on (abortion and gun rights). So no, I *don't* agree with everything he has to say.

And as for seeing a train coming, nope, I don't see that happening with Obama. McCain, however, is a completely different story. In fact, I could see that train wreck coming months ago.

Well, it is not just Reba that came up with " train " analogy. I can see a " train " is comin' in miles away, if Obama is elected. I am sure Reba can see it herself, too.

Just as I can see a train coming if McCain/Palin are elected. (Oh, wait. That's right. I could *already* see that train wreck coming a L-O-N-G time ago. :giggle:)

you can find out what most british people think of the American election at http://www.alldeaf.com/war-political-news/www.wecouldntcareless.com

Your link is not working.

Most of my british friends and families do care about US Election due economy and war issues.

LONDON - “I really wish we could vote in your election — after all, it affects all of us, you know.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27455097/

Barack Obama beats John McCain in European vote: US election 2008 - Telegraph

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/29/1600921.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back