Shirt designed to hold CI Processors

CIWear

Reaction score
I am new to this site. My son is bilaterally implanted with CI and is doing real well. Back in 2011, he received waterproof CI processors and loves them. Over the past year we developed a shirt that holds our son's processors when swimming or participating in physical activity. The shirt is now available to others. Let us know what you think visit our site www.ciwear.com

What kind of CI processor does your son have? I did not know that CI can be function in the water.

I am not CIWear obviously and I don't have a CI; but I am surprised you are asking this as many posts as have appeared about it.

You might want to look here Processors - Neptune - the first and only Swimmable sound processor in the world | Advanced Bionics

Why are you so surprised?? I don't read every CI threads because I do not have a CI. I do not plan to get a CI when i am eligible for a CI. I thought you knew that I am a happy Deaf and an ASL user. However, My hub has a cochlear. Thank you for the link. So it is advanced bioncis cool.

Why not just give your kid the abilty to function fully without the CI at all times?I'm honestly curious.............I and many other dhh folks got along very well without being tethered to CI/HA while swimming.

This doesn't have to turn into another CI debate. The kid wants to be able to hear his friends while playing in the swimming pool. That is it, nothing more. I think the shirt would be great for exercising, sitting on the beach etc. to protect your very expensive CI.

This doesn't have to turn into another CI debate. The kid wants to be able to hear his friends while playing in the swimming pool. That is it, nothing more. I think the shirt would be great for exercising, sitting on the beach etc. to protect your very expensive CI.

Well why not just not wear it in situtions where it could get damaged? Easy.

I am confused... why are people hostile? I wish my processor was water proof so I could hear my children while at the beach.... I think its AWESOME

I am confused... why are people hostile? I wish my processor was water proof so I could hear my children while at the beach.... I think its AWESOME

Your right I like the shirt too and would love it for the same reasons you do. Just some people want to make this another CI debate thread which it should not be.

This shirt would be great like at water parks. Also I love the beach, walking along the shore and this shirt would protect my CI from getting sand in it.

I think that's great! I love stuff that is waterproof :) saves me from ruining stuff that shouldn't ever be near water :P

Frisky asked a reasonable question, hell I didn't know they had CI for underwater either then again given what the scientists and frankesntiens are after I shouldn't be surprised.
Frisky asked a polite question. The hostility is on the other end.
I'm happy Deaf also, ASL user, ASL lover. ASL has. Set me free. In more ways mere words can describe. That's one reason what heearies view it as such a threat. They cannot truly accept that we have something that allows us in. Spite of them to be happy DEAF. They insist and push that everyone must in the end be like them. Regardless of the costs. Regardless of how successful the results. They will cook up numbers, move the goal Posts to suit the end they seek. A world with no DEAF. That is their goal. And they don't make much a secret about it. ASL is the superior technology. We can use it anyplace in any conditions, save the pitch deep dark. And even then with some tricks it's just fine anyway. We don't need wires or batteries or tethering or special shirts. We don't need white coats drilling holes in our head, or fickle circuits implanted, We can use ASL underwater or out, ASL is waterproof, we can use it In shower, we can use buck sky clad naked, we can use it while playing the hardest toughest sports man can devise. Naked or otherwise, We can use ASL anywhere we want. Anytime we want, anyplace we decide. Unlike CI ........ASL is limitless.
And that's a cold hard fact.

Last edited:
Sure, its great to be happy and secure in your deafness, but maybe TRY being a little more understanding to those of us with late onset deafness or who live in a world where some great people DONT know ASL and or have HEARING CHILDREN. My best and worst memory was hearing my daughter sing and wondering what all I missed in the years I couldn't hear

Sure, its great to be happy and secure in your deafness, but maybe TRY being a little more understanding to those of us with late onset deafness or who live in a world where some great people DONT know ASL and or have HEARING CHILDREN. My best and worst memory was hearing my daughter sing and wondering what all I missed in the years I couldn't hear

Well, if you don't like culturally Deaf people, you could try forums specifically for late deafened or implantees.

It's a lot more firm division in the real world. Here people are actually pretty mild mannered.

Yeah, sure looks that way..... hmmm, if your not happy deaf find another group. Thanks for the welcome :(

Yeah, sure looks that way..... hmmm, if your not happy deaf find another group. Thanks for the welcome :(

No problem. You will receive advice when you come in and demand a particular behavior that makes you feel validated.

Go out to a local deaf group and try that behavior.

I do and am very active thank you. I can understand the side that is happy as they are as long as they don't JUDGE those that aren't. You get mad if people judge you on you belief
All I was SUGGESTINGwas to open you mind a little to the other side. My deaf community is open to anyone regardless of if they are happy deaf or wanting to open their world and be apart of both. I am GLAD you are happy in your bubble as I am happy in the world

Back