Sheriff Joe offers to house illegals in "Tent City"

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he would love to help the federal government with its mass release of illegal immigrants by putting them in his famed Arizona “Tent City” jail.

The illegals were let go to save money ahead of the automatic spending cuts — known as the sequester — that is due to begin Friday.

Arpaio, a hardliner on illegal immigration, told Politico he’d accept the prisoners free of charge. Tent City houses its inmates in tents in the Phoenix desert. Pink underwear is part of their uniform.

Declassified: ‘Financial War’ Could Wipe Out 50% of Your Wealth

“I’ll take them. I have room in my tents. I would be happy to have them, and I wouldn’t even charge them,” he said.

Arpaio, the sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz., is skeptical that the illegals are being released for financial reasons.

“I am always suspicious when the government that has billions of dollars has to say, ‘we are going to release [illegal immigrants] because of budget problems,’” he said. “I’m wary of that. They’re utilizing a so-called budget crisis as the reason to kick these people loose. I do have a concern about that.”

The real solution, Arpaio said: “If they’re here illegally, they should be deported"

Sheriff Joe: I

I've always liked that man. He says what he thinks and what others believe but dare not speak because they're cowards.

Laura

Good for Joe. :ugh:

I don't support extreme movement, though.

What is "extreme" about jailing people who break the law?

For clarify, I believe that illegal immigrants should locked up in regular jail until settled at immigration court, so I'm strongly favor based on human rights, not Joe's extreme idea, period.

When government runs out of money, so nonviolent immigrants will be released from detention center, no doubt because no legislators want to resolve those crisis.

For clarify, I believe that illegal immigrants should locked up in regular jail until settled at immigration court, so I'm strongly favor based on human rights, not Joe's extreme idea, period.

When government runs out of money, so nonviolent immigrants will be released from detention center, no doubt because no legislators want to resolve those crisis.

What is wrong with tents? Many of our military folks sleep in them. Tons of folks sleep in them for a hobby. I slept in them while working in storm areas.

What is wrong with tents? Many of our military folks sleep in them. Tons of folks sleep in them for a hobby. I slept in them while working in storm areas.

I think you should know about my belief with immigration, also not everyone want live in tent.

For everyone, I found one isn't good news about wait time at immigration court.
Many immigrants facing deportation must wait 550 days for their day in court

The immigration became hot discussion in my sociology course and loved to see student's view on immigration issues on Blackboard discussion, also found some of them are interesting.

I think you should know about my belief with immigration, also not everyone want live in tent.

Most people don't want to live in a jail cell either. Or a trailer park. Or a small apartment. What is your point? I don't think criminals get to be choosy.

Most people don't want to live in a jail cell either. Or a trailer park. Or a small apartment. What is your point? I don't think criminals get to be choosy.

Well, don't break the immigration law or will be detained to detention center or jail. If they break the law so they belong to jail, that's simple.

At overall, I could careless about nonviolent illegal immigrants to be released from detention center, though.

Well, don't break the immigration law or will be detained to detention center or jail. If they break the law so they belong to jail, that's simple.

At overall, I could careless about nonviolent illegal immigrants to be released from detention center, though.

How would they know if they are "non-violent?"

Wirelessly posted

Awwwwe how sweet.... Sheriff Joe done went soft....He's not gonna charge them anything.

Wirelessly posted

I feel all inmates should live in Tents, and made to work for their keeps, unless they physically can not work.

How would they know if they are "non-violent?"

The nonviolent means they only committed nonviolent crime like stealing, writing a bad check, trespassing, auto theft, or just immigration status only.

There are many illegal immigrants only broke the law because of immigration status, as primary crime, so I have no problem for them to be released, after no longer to afford to pay to detain them in detention center for really nothing.

The nonviolent means they only committed nonviolent crime like stealing, writing a bad check, trespassing, auto theft, or just immigration status only.

Ahh, so people like Al Capone then. Gotcha.

Wirelessly posted

They can put iron bars in tents for the violent ones or for escape risk. They should not be treated special because their crimes were more horrible.

Back