Several students injured in school rampage

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
Several students injured in school rampage

An 18-year-old student ran through a school in Bavaria armed with several petrol bombs Thursday morning, injuring ten classmates, two seriously. The police ended the attack by shooting the boy in the legs.

The Carolinum high school in Ansbach, Bavaria, became the scene of another school rampage shortly after 8.30 Thursday morning, when 18-year-old Georg R. threw two petrol bombs into a classroom.

Two students ran to the principal's office, from where the police were alerted. Georg R. was stopped ten minutes after the attack when police fired several shots at him. He was seriously injured and taken to hospital in a helicopter. Apart from the incendiary devices, the boy was found to be carrying an axe and several knives.

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Nearly a dozen students were injured in the attack

Emergency action

According to school principal Franz Stark, teachers carried the injured students out of the school and evacuated the rest. Police searched the school for any other assailants. None were found, and there is currently no reason to suspect that the student had any accomplices. He is to be charged with attempted murder.

News reports suggest that one teacher may have saved lives by barricading her classroom during the attack. After hearing screams and noticing smoke in the hallway, the teacher locked the door and pushed tables and chairs in front of it. "Then we hid in the corner," one student told a local radio station.

No rampage alarm

The school, one of the oldest in Bavaria, was not equipped with a special alarm for violent attacks or a PA system. For this reason many of the students believed that a routine fire alarm exercise was in progress when the school was evacuated.

Bildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: 15 people were killed in the Winnenden shooting spree in March

Some German schools have been equipped with extra alarms for rampage attacks, after public concern was heightened by the Winnenden shooting in early March, when 17-year-old Tim K. shot and killed nine students and three teachers at the Albertville school in the small town of Winnenden in Baden-Wuerttemberg.

Speaking shortly after the incident, Bavaria's minister of justice Beate Merk told reporters in Munich, "My main concern is for the injured pupils. They and their classmates and teachers need to be offered competent psychological support as soon as possible in order to avoid lasting trauma."

Several students injured in school rampage | Germany | Deutsche Welle | 17.09.2009

Ansbach is area where I live.

That secondary school is only 5 minutes distance from college where my son attend. I dropped my son on that place where my son want to meet his friends before lesson started 8.00 am (I dropped him off by 7.35 to 7.40 am before my way to work everyday). My son left secondary school around 30 minutes before terrible happened comes.

First of all, my co-worker *G* & I were busy in the office, suddenly heard loud from outside of our office window. We saw MANY flash light alarm police cars, firemen, amlumbance cars, etc... Around 30 drivers drove pass from Nuermberg to Ansbach front of our office window like crazy... (My work place is middle between Nuermberg and Ansbach).

It got us goosebumps and have no good feeling... a few minutes later my co-worker *G* told me what the radio says... My body goes cold and shake because I know my son is there... I texted my son straight way and releived that my son is okay. My son told me that happened was started around 30 minutes later after he left.

My co-worker updated me what the radio says.

After work, on my way to home. I saw full police everywhere in town Ansbach, Reporters, film, etc... It took me a while long to arrive village which is only 5 minutes away drive from Ansbach.

Alan, my youngest son told me that one of his friends attended that school and lives next village from my village. It´s good to know that his friend is okay. His friend told Alan what he withnessed that a few student got burnt on their clothes and blood on the floor but he didn´t see what and how the 19 years old man did to 10 students.

I saw on TV a few minutes ago what and how police shoot 19 years old man in legs 5 times and then arrest him.

It´s scary... I really never never never thought that it affect us and people, we know well. All what I hope everything goes smooth for injuried students... I know there´re 3 serious injuried.

I will update the news as soon as the news comes.

:grouphug: praise the lord that your son was already home before it happened

My son Danny texted me that he won´t come home for dinner because he want to stay at town with his friends. I know polices, firemen, reporters, TV are everywhere there in Ansbach.

He will update me via mobile phone what happened.

My hubby, Alan & I will drive to town later to pick Danny there up.

I will update the news later.

:grouphug: praise the lord that your son was already home before it happened

Oh yes, I was cried after know that my son is okay.

No, my son left school to go back college which is only 5 minutes walk between secondary school and college.. Around 30 minutes later the horrible happened starts.

:ty: for your thoughtful post. :hug:

I'm glad to know that your sons are OK. :hug:

Oh, wow -- crazy world! I am glad to know that your sons are okay and safe. :hug:

How awful. Glad that you know your sons are safe. :hug:

They need to update security. My youngest son's elementary school is always locked down because of its location at a busy urban intersection. It's a sad sign of the times.

Oh no. not again! I am so glad your boys are OK. i feel bad for any kids who attend to school that are suppose to be safe. that's so awful!

:shock: I'm really glad your son wasn't there. I hope everything is ok. :hug:

:ty: everyone for support posts.

My oldest son Danny attend college in Ansbach and my youngest son Alan does not attend school in Ansbach.

Updated:

We went to town to pick Danny up. We stopped and pay our respect at school.

Danny told us that school and college in Ansbach close tomorrow for the weekends then they will go back to school and college again on Monday.

Accord Danny, 2 girls from 11th grade are serious injuried. One is severe burnt by firebomb. It seem that he want to threw firebomb to 11th grade class but the firebomb went direct her head and part bomb burnt others and other girl was being hitted with axt. Her back side of waist was serious one... open wound. A 19 years old guy brought 2 firebombs, several weapons and axt.

The students including teacher at 9th grade are injuried. 8 injuried in 9th grade class room.

It make me sick when Danny described me what he knows from crowd at that school, they attend.

Police Arrest Student in School Attack

An Ax and Molotov Cocktails: Police Arrest Student in School Attack - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Photo gallery

Photo Gallery: School Attack in Germany - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Oh yes, Danny told me about that guy but he and his friends are sure it´s him but they rather to keep themselves until next update then...

I asked Danny what a person he is. He said that he know a little about him and know from see him but he really never thought it´s really him... but he & his friends are not sure either it´s really him... wait until next update...

I don´t want to ask Danny too much but respect him for not want to talk about him.

I heard about it in the news last night and this morning. The police was interviewing several students. I don't like when something like that happens. It gets me worried about the boys also attending high school now... I'm so happy your sons are ok!!!! :hug:

Glad that your sons are okay, it's horrible to hear about the situation in the German school.

Updated

:ty: everyone for wonderful support. Yes, I really am glad that my son is okay.

Liebling´s previous updated: Oh yes, Danny told me about that guy but he and his friends are sure it´s him but they rather to keep themselves until next update then...

Yes, it´s him... My son and his friends were appalled because he was a good and quiet person. They never thought it´s really him. He did not talk anyone very much but keep himself. He depend on his study. We found out about him next day that he has personality disorder and went to therapy time to time.

Danny said that he bet that they would send him to physical ward, not jail and will get free after 2 years... :roll: I told him wait and see what the court say.

We learn few days ago that both girls are out of danger! Axt was also hitted on her head as well. Thank to Head surgeron save her life... We are relieved that they are survived. It´s nightmare for them...

A guy, police shoot 5 times in his legs survived. He refused to speak why he do that.

We paid our respect to school on that day.

We visited school again yesterday and took some pictures.

The pictures comes in next my post.

After that, rode with bicycle back to home... 3 km to village from Ansbach

Back