Server @ iHop

littleanabelle

Reaction score
I’m a server at iHop, and I’m teaching myself ASL. I want to be an interpreter but I don’t have the time nor money at the moment for schooling. A deaf man came in yesterday and I finally got to sign. I know I need practice, but his reaction when I signed made me so happy. It reminded me why I’m learning. I want more experiences like that.

you can learn alot more from deaf and hoh community and or YT ( youtube ) :)

I think it's amazing you are learning and that you got a chance to use sign at work. Trust me you made his day most, half the time servers or anyone get frustrated when communication is a problem and most get annoyed and get bad attitudes when you try to write down things so you signing made things easier.

Also, is there an asl class near you? Maybe you could do that and be able to use it a bit more there.

I think it's amazing you are learning and that you got a chance to use sign at work. Trust me you made his day most, half the time servers or anyone get frustrated when communication is a problem and most get annoyed and get bad attitudes when you try to write down things so you signing made things easier.

Also, is there an asl class near you? Maybe you could do that and be able to use it a bit more there.
It was a great feeling. He stayed for like an hour. I loved it. I have no idea how to even search for classes near me.

You can check with local community college if they offer ASL courses.

Back