Senstivity to Sounds

I'm hearing and sounds annoy me so much I just wish everything would shut up!

As for your whole body hurting, maybe you feel weak? Tense? Maybe you physically clench up when you hear something? Perhaps you have a lot of ear wax that is harming your ears/head?

Hope everything gets better hun!

Have you been to an ear nose and throat doctor to be check out? Sometime you can have an infection and not know it and that could made you sensitive
to sounds. I been getting earaches in my left ear and it is very sensitive to sounds. The doctor think it my TMJ as he can't find anything wrong with my ear. I been keeping my HA out and only use to talk on the phone , people and watch TV or movies . My balance been real bad too .
How is your balance? Do get a lot of water in your ears when washing your hair? I had to wear plugs for awhile when washing my hair as my ears were getting sensitive . The Dr. might made so new ears plugs for me to try and cut down on my earaches.

My ears are very sensitive to the sound of airplane taking off whistling, during the airtraffic, and the train under the tunnels. Also sometimes sensitive to someone screaming too close to my ears that causes ringing my ears that would continue for a hour after someone hollering or screaming. I tend to avoid feets away from the loudspeakers at the concerts so I don't get dizzy and hurting my ears. Oh noes here comes 13 hours flight ride over to Europe on Tuesday...I better do not forget putting my earplugs in before taking off.

Since I posted that post, I havent had that problem. It happens every now and then. Was wondering if that happened to you all as well?

Thanks everyone. I am really fine ..just every now and then I get that. GRRR!

I get that when I'm having a migraine-- any sort of sound even the ceiling fan which is usually calming to me-- will send me into a tizzy... so I'll have to turn it off-- Sometimes I don't even have the headache first, just the sound sensitivity and the headache comes later... like a warning sign.
Yes, I was just about to say that sometime even hearing people sometime have this dilemma. Those are the days when they are more likely to say "Shhh!", grin.

Today, the sounds from my son's TV were really really annoying me so I had to turn the volume down even though it was not set on very high. I noticed that I have been feeling ultra sensitive to sounds all day today. Like, they were hurting me or something like that.

Sometimes I have days like those when daily sounds all of sudden make my whole body hurt especially my head and I cant focus.

Anyone (hearing or deaf) have the same experiences?
Sometime it could be simply the state you're in. For instance, sometime I find when I'm being bothered by sinuses or congestion, it's a little less comfortable to wear the CI or HA, etc.

And as pointed out in this thread, even hearing people are sometime a little more sensitive to noise when they're not feeling on top of it and so forth.

This happens to me too - in my case I have a few ways to manage it:

If I'm wearing my HA, I'll turn it down - or off (leaving the HA in my ear so the mould blocks the sounds)

I also had a special ear mould made that is meant for hearing protection (to prevent noise induced HL in hearing people) ... if I'm having a HORRIBLE day where all sound hurts I put that mould in (looks like a solid silicone ear mould with a mini vent and no HA tubing hole.)

I'd talk to your Audie and see what they can do - if you have access to multiple "hearing programs" see if they can make one that is more appropriate for "painful days"
I never heard of that kind of earmold , my left ear is really senstitive to sounds and that can be verry painful. I can't wear a HA in my right anymore
so I might be making my left HA louder to made up for the lost my right HA.
I just thought of this!! That could explain my earaches in my left ear!

When a bad storm is coming and the pressure drop does hurt your ears or made it harder to hear? This happen to me at time.

I never had sensitivity to sound but sometimes I do get sensitivity to touch. It usually happen when I am ill or headache or really tired. Me at normal if someone hits the chair I am sitting on, bit annoying but it fine, but if I am ill or got headache or really tired that small hit will feel like big jolt to my head and body. Feels like Whoa that one very big hit.

My mother is all of a sudden since her last hospitalization and almost dying twice, very sensitive to sounds. She takes to wearing cotton balls in her ears during the day. We remove them at night.

sometimes I'm sensitive to sounds, but that only happens when I'm sick with a cold or if I have a bad headache/migraine.

Sounds irritate me!

Even though I wear digital HAids, I cannot seem to phase out the loud sounds in an environment. I hate riding on a noisy bus and I hate shopping malls and I hate crowded parties.

I also have attention deficit disorder and when there is a loud of noise, I have trouble concentrating.

I hear noises indiscriminately and I cannot pick on the human voice when this happens.

Yeah...I've always had really sensitive ears; High pitch noises irritate me to no end. Heavier noises like fireworks or balloons I find very painful. When I was younger kids use to pop balloons in near me because they knew I'd freak out.

Back