SEE vs ASL

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FN6_BBVMNI]ASL vs SEE: Super-cali-fragil-istic-ex-pi-alidocious - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6drv_kpqw8]ASL vs SEE: The Bank! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsyHnuPHhY4]ASL vs SEE: "I Wanna F********!" - YouTube[/ame]

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, what a great way to show the difference between SEE and ASL. I have enjoyed a lot of Eriks videos on the past, particularly his songs, which always remind me how much I still have to learn about ASL idioms. The learning never stops does it? :)

Haha these are funny. :laugh2: I think I'm probably a mix of SEE and ASL. The music in the videos were quite annoying though, I don't even know why I bothered putting on headphones. :roll:

ASL is like reading a book with pictures and SEE is like reading a book with words.

When I took training classes few years ago and I had several different interpreters and I always ask them to use PSE instead of ASL. Because it's easier to understand what teacher says. One of them somehow converted from PSE into ASL and I was 100% lost.

I think ASL is fine for just chatting, etc... But for school or training or something that require instruction - PSE (or sign language with English) is a must.

ASL is like reading a book with pictures and SEE is like reading a book with words.

When I took training classes few years ago and I had several different interpreters and I always ask them to use PSE instead of ASL. Because it's easier to understand what teacher says. One of them somehow converted from PSE into ASL and I was 100% lost.

I think ASL is fine for just chatting, etc... But for school or training or something that require instruction - PSE (or sign language with English) is a must.

Nope

Wow thats one ignorant statement. Having said that, can you articulate a reasoned "why" you think the above is correct? I'm curious. No hostility here.

Um, for me. You can choose whatever you wish, but I prefer sign in English.

For school and language development, SEE is not the way to go.

what is wrong your expression? I recongized to you?:aw:

Well, when you write your sentences which are not complete. You are using like ASL just exactly what you wrote. SEE is something having to make all the sentences exact or perfect. In Deaf Culture you know, we have been using ASL for a long time, no SEE. In the Deaf community, we are comfortable with ASL, so must have ASL.

As for my expression. The roll eyes mean "BIG DEAL or WHATEVER". :wave:

Well, when you write your sentences which are not complete. You are using like ASL just exactly what you wrote. SEE is something having to make all the sentences exact or perfect. In Deaf Culture you know, we have been using ASL for a long time, no SEE. In the Deaf community, we are comfortable with ASL, so must have ASL.

I know ASL users who have perfect English writing skills, and I know SEE users who have lousy English writing skills. Using SEE does not guarantee good English.

Long before SEE was invented there were ASL signing Deaf people who had English reading and writing skills the same as hearing people.

I know ASL users who have perfect English writing skills, and I know SEE users who have lousy English writing skills. Using SEE does not guarantee good English.

Long before SEE was invented there were ASL signing Deaf people who had English reading and writing skills the same as hearing people.

That sucks to be me when the SEE invented about 1970s that is the same year i was born. It was horrible expereince for me to deal with SEE. I learned ASl at a much later, and then been picking up how to write better and so. Oh well.

I am really expert ASL :) :lol: I love to ASL I viewpoint for expression to grammar to reading. heheh I l love to gesture and expression. many people have expression lol lol cheer I am really love ASL you comfortable to happy! I really reanalyzed to how viewpoint. have an great good fun. happy!

Back