SEE vs ASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so funny how you guys just want to argue, but I'll engage you because that's all you're looking for. And I know that to be true because you completely skip/ignore the parts that actually hold some meaning.

You said I was stalking you when I just replied to your post...one time. And I bet you didn't go and look at the other post CSign commented on.

And CSign didn't even look at the part where I said, SEE is used to translate ASL to English.

So from what I gather you just want to argue and it's understandable since internet is so boring these days. ^^

That's my point. SEE is not used to "translate ASL to English". They are similar in the sense that they are both visual, but SEE is used to make English visible to
Those who can't access it auditorily.

So basically your belief is that ASL is not part of the REAL WORLD. You assume that if they're not speaking english correctly it's wrong and retarded. Well, then you should go on to correct all those english speakers who use slang and other short words, because ya'll is not a word, ain't is not a word, but people still continue to use them. ASL is not meant to be English, it's another language. The only reason deaf culture exists is because of people like you unwilling to except the fact that their ears don't work as well as yours or not at all. And many people are to lazy to learn ASL so that is why people go to DEAF CULTURE so they won't have to worry about a language barrier keeping them apart.

I'll give you a piece of advice... the REAL WORLD is a world of difference. God didn't make us all the same and whether you like it or not DEAF CULTURE is a part of it. So, wake up NEO. ^^

Lol lazy to learn ASL? Really?? You know we have to have ASL in order for SEE to exist... ASL hardcore by itself is a lazy mode of English language. Skip all of the critcial componets of English pretty much but yeah your right its part of deaf culture I never said it wasn't...
These english people using slang at least make sense more than ASL folks with no English experince at all. Gee I don't know if I wanna wake up I think I like staying in the matrix... Uhm tho I'd like to know if anyone actually sees what I'm talking about...But yeah I see what your saying about the language barrier but the least they could do is not make it such a issue with many that are apparently unable to diffrencate the writing from ASL. Cause that in turn gives them no sense of proper english skills. For example what if one ASL hardcore user goes in and applies for a techinal documentation job, and he/she has that issue...
How long you suppose he/she will last there? No company wants asl writing in their instruction or software manual etc.. Get my drift? Excuse the spelling and minor grammar mishaps just in hurry here to join the family on this beatiful day! Hope everyone's havin a good day!!!

Also really? You think everyone stalks you????
/facepalm

Maybe you need to reread all the post before because I did say SEE is not a language. And Reba agreed.Oopsie! SEE is not a language.

The reason you didn't respond to the culture names is because you couldn't find anything to argue about.

SEE is used to make English visible to
Those who can't access it auditorily.
you're words, correct? Now how is that not a translation? SEE *translates* english to those who can't access it "auditorily". *that is not a correct spelling*

And you didn't answer my question about why you feel the need to correct me so badly?

And maybe people use SEE for different purposes as well, that's just them.

Lol lazy to learn ASL? Really?? You know we have to have ASL in order for SEE to exist... ASL hardcore by itself is a lazy mode of English language. Skip all of the critcial componets of English pretty much but yeah your right its part of deaf culture I never said it wasn't...
These english people using slang at least make sense more than ASL folks with no English experince at all. Gee I don't know if I wanna wake up I think I like staying in the matrix... Uhm tho I'd like to know if anyone actually sees what I'm talking about...But yeah I see what your saying about the language barrier but the least they could do is not make it such a issue with many that are apparently unable to diffrencate the writing from ASL. Cause that in turn gives them no sense of proper english skills. For example what if one ASL hardcore user goes in and applies for a techinal documentation job, and he/she has that issue...
How long you suppose he/she will last there? No company wants asl writing in their instruction or software manual etc.. Get my drift? Excuse the spelling and minor grammar mishaps just in hurry here to join the family on this beatiful day! Hope everyone's havin a good day!!!

Also really? You think everyone stalks you????
/facepalm

And maybe you're right, I do see what you're talking about them not getting jobs like everyone else, but that's what SEE is for. People should learn more than one language, but not because it's socially retarded or whatever. You can't change what ASL is, it's a language, but that's why translations exist. To put everyone one the same page. You should probably advocate for them learning SEE along with ASL, but you can't expect people just to jump right into to mainstream because everyone's different and we'll all have to learn to adapt.

And I don't think everyone stalks me. Just CSign. ^^

LOL @ the absurdity of hearing people telling a d/Deaf person on a DEAF forum to go find another venue.

Anyway, GISJason, what happened to make you so angry?

ASL doesn't go hand-in-hand with SEE (in order for SEE to exist.) SEE is an exact word-for-word language. If I were to say "I am going to the store", I would (in SEE) sign that out as "I am go-ing to the store" (I put the hypen in going on purpose). Whereas in ASL "store I go" conveys the same message, and faster. It doesn't have anything to do with writing skills, although I suspect from your posts you would not agree with that.

I never used SEE; I was born deaf and started straight off with ASL. Learned all my vocabulary and learned to sign/think in pictures. Writing comes separately, and age-appropriately (for the most part) just as it does for hearing kids who hear "mama" and know what it means, but have no idea how to write it until they are age-appropriate.

Are you hearing or d/Deaf? Just so I understand your complaints better.

Mod note:

We have some few threads similar to this that got locked. This hasn't changed a bit since. Some people just can't put differences aside and debate civilly unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back