Seattle Washington

~*Kaelei*~

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 20 years old Female and I'm new to Seattle, I would love to meet new Deaf people in Seattle area to meet up and chat with, perhaps make new friends. Is there anyone out there that would like to meet up and chat? :giggle:

I'm sure there's a lot of good social clubs, places where the Deaf would meet, especially during those rainy days in Seattle. A couple of suggestions, one, is to 'google' it, another one is to check your directory (or phone book), even City Hall to see if and where there is a Deaf Club whereas you can check out. Good luck...btw, hopefully you brought an umbrella-- :lol:

Also, there are a few members here in AD from the Seattle area, perhaps they'll be willing to help out too. ;)

~RR

Get in touch with Hearing Speech Deafness Center in Seattle, up on First hill.

The Community Service Center for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing is next door to HSDC.

I don't know if it is still open although.

Get in touch with Hearing Speech Deafness Center in Seattle, up on First hill.

The Community Service Center for the Deaf & Hard of Hearing is next door to HSDC.

I don't know if it is still open although.

It's out of business. Most of the staff at CSCDHH got laid off and a few of them moved to be under contract with HSDC for deaf advocate services, nothing special. ODHH cut the funds off with CSCDHH services so we don't have that anymore here.

Hi, I'm 20 years old Female and I'm new to Seattle, I would love to meet new Deaf people in Seattle area to meet up and chat with, perhaps make new friends. Is there anyone out there that would like to meet up and chat? :giggle:

Julian's bar deaf social occurs every first Fridays of every month (happening soon tonite), Northgate deaf social 2nd fridays of every month, coffeehouse social (it's at a church) every 3rd fridays of every month.....if you're lesbian or a gay supporter....Starbucks deaf gay/lesbaiin social 1st Saturday of every month.
I think there's also ASL club social at starbucks in downtown Bellevue, I forgot which day of every month.

It's out of business. Most of the staff at CSCDHH got laid off and a few of them moved to be under contract with HSDC for deaf advocate services, nothing special. ODHH cut the funds off with CSCDHH services so we don't have that anymore here.

So...what are they doing with the building?

So...what are they doing with the building?

It's up for lease last time I saw when I was driving by. CSCDHH don't own the building, they have leased it which was around $8,000 a month to use that space. If they owned the building, I think it would be a lot better. HDSC owns the new building, they don't lease it. They have the office space they lease it TO HDSC.

Where is Julian's bar? I would like to visit the deaf socials there. Are they still happening every 1st Friday of the month?

Every first friday at Jillians in Seattle
731 Westlake Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109

I would also suggest the Hearing, Speach and Deafness Center.

There are meetings at the food court at Northgate Mall once a month on fridays (2nd fridays I think, but I have not gone in quite awhile.)

Also, Seattle Central Community College would be a good place to check because they have Deaf students and quite a few students who know A.S.L. and most of them are very nice.

Every first friday at Jillians in Seattle
731 Westlake Ave. North
Seattle, WA 98109

I would also suggest the Hearing, Speach and Deafness Center.

There are meetings at the food court at Northgate Mall once a month on fridays (2nd fridays I think, but I have not gone in quite awhile.)

Also, Seattle Central Community College would be a good place to check because they have Deaf students and quite a few students who know A.S.L. and most of them are very nice.

Are they still doing Jillian's on first fridays?

I'm also new to the Seattle area, though I was born here, never lived here til now. Would love to meet more deaf. Welcome any contacts out there from deaf community. I'm currently downtown Seattle.

Rod

All of you should drive to Ellensburg and see the Chimpanzee and Human Communication Institute! The chimps here were cross fostered as deaf human children so they use ASL. I am a summer apprentice working at CHCI and it is amazing! The chimps are unbelievably smart and communicate beautifully (with a chimp accented ASL: their thumbs can't reach their other fingers, so some signs are shaped differently since they physically can't form some) BUT THEY ARE AMAZING!

information:

CHCI - Chimposiums

hi i am eddie 24 and sign i also speak and i love basketball and yes

Anyone interested in going out on a walk, or a meal, or just getting together and signing with a newbie?

Back