Scream fans: Scream is headed to TV!

Sutter Cane

Reaction score
New has just hit that MTV is moving forward with an official pilot order for “Scream”, per THR. This comes after nearly a year of speculation, but now it seems all but pre-determined that this thing will actually be shot. Will we ever see it? IE, will it make it to series? My guess is yes – it’s too well known of a property for MTV to not test the waters on it (unless they find the pilot to be atrocious, but I’m guessing they won’t).

Wes Craven is in discussions to come back to direct the pilot, which will be an hour-long. It appears as though Kevin Williamson will not be returning since MTV is currently taking meetings with other writers. This also probably means the death of Scream 5.

There’s no word on if any of the original cast will be back. My guess is they certainly wouldn’t star, but we might see a cameo here and there.

Dimension Films will co-produce. If “Scream” receives a series order it will hit in late summer 2014.

[TV] Weird! "Scream" Is Headed To TV! Wes Craven In Talks To Direct -Bloody Disgusting

Hopefully the show will be good without Kevin Williamson and the original cast. Probably not as good as the movie series but I'm pretty excited if it does happen!

Scream was my favorite when I was a kid! I'm excited to see this.

If you haven't watched the first one in a long time, you should watch it again. It might be better than the last time. If you haven't seen 2-4, then you should check it out. It's my favorite series!

Hey guys I'm hearing and just wanted to meet deaf people. So if anyone can text me back I would love that.

I think I'd rather them make a new movie with the old cast though.

A lot of people said the same thing, but personally I'm up for anything. Just hoping it would be good if they're not going to be in the TV series. I believe Scream 5 will be there waiting to be made (with the original casts and the writer in it) if the tv series fail to entertain us.

Back