School pay 1 millions settlement to Deaf student

TechBill

Reaction score
Look like the school thought they could get away with it by blaming on the Deaf boy choosing not to wear hearing aids and not teaching him sign language.

BUT ........ The school learn that he is profound Deaf which a hearing aids wouldn't help him and his I.Q. was tested to be normal that sign language would have increase his academic level if they had started teaching him sign language 14 years ago.....

I think the school got lucky paying only a million instead the school should be paying a million per year that they screw up with this Deaf boy for 14 years.

14 millions sound more fair and let it be a lesson to all mainstream schools.

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Gr...ion-of-a-deaf-student-312305391.html?mobile=y

So sad. Glad he's doing well and proving them wrong. I think this kind of thing happens more than is cought.

The school district is definitely at fault. But where was the mother all of those years? One cannot simply hand their child over to the school district and not play an active role in their child's education.

The school district is definitely at fault. But where was the mother all of those years? One cannot simply hand their child over to the school district and not play an active role in their child's education.

This from the article probably answers your question. "Neither he nor his mother, who is illiterate, understood that the passing “grades” he had received on his report cards over the years, had no bearing on his actual educational achievement." (Bold added by me.)

if education authority can afford 1mill then they can afford more..This poor kid

Back