School ditches rules and loses bullies

KarissaMann05

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ripping up the playground rulebook is having incredible effects on children at an Auckland school.

Chaos may reign at Swanson Primary School with children climbing trees, riding skateboards and playing bullrush during playtime, but surprisingly the students don't cause bedlam, the principal says.

The school is actually seeing a drop in bullying, serious injuries and vandalism, while concentration levels in class are increasing.

Principal Bruce McLachlan rid the school of playtime rules as part of a successful university experiment.

"We want kids to be safe and to look after them, but we end up wrapping them in cotton wool when in fact they should be able to fall over."

(Read more...)

It looks like it is an effective plan. What do you think?

honestly in my opinion, I feel like its ta very worthy study. Part of the reason people feel the urge in breaking the rules is because part of human nature is to want what you cant have. Like marijuana for example. People have been getting arrested for that for years. But I predict that when Colorado and Washington evaluate everything since it has become legal, not near as many people will be getting in trouble for it. its somewhat less appealing to the public after it became legal, generally speaking. I nkow these arent exactly the same thing, but its the same principle.

Back