scared ASL student! Midterm tomorrow!

MyDarkling

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm sure you all see this every day... BUT I am hoping for some quick replies if possible!

I have a midterm tomorrow in ASL 2 (college) and am having trouble with grammar. I recently got over a terrible stomach flu and missed several of my classes, and only found out there was a test 2 days before it was scheduled :shock:

Anyway, I have about 10 sentences I need help with. I'm pretty good on the vocabulary, but the grammar is eluding me! Please post if you are online and willing to help this frightened ASL student :D I will PM you.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

P.S. I know there is an ASL section but there are a lot of people browsing this section, so I thought Id try my luck!

Sorry bub, nobody here is going to help you cheat on your exam (well, maybe if you got some cash. hehe). Time to face the music.

I'm not asking for someone to help me cheat, I'm asking for someone to help me practice :shock:

I didn't really have the opportunity to learn the material, is all.

P.S. I'm a girl ;)

I'm not asking for someone to help me cheat, I'm asking for someone to help me practice :shock:

I didn't really have the opportunity to learn the material, is all.

P.S. I'm a girl ;)

Girl, boy, it's all the same to us. Study is the key to good grades in your ASL.

The Write Alex is right.

I am interested in studying, but I have no idea what to study! That's sort of the problem.

A few of these sentences are just too complicated, and I can't seem to work them out.

Having missed several classes due to the (!!!) stomach flu, I have never really had the chance to see/discuss some of this.

Oh well, thanks anyway I suppose. I will try to get an extension. Meantime, I will browse the rest of the forum.

Look, I'm sorry you got the flu. That sucks, and I hope you're feeling better.

As some advice, though, you should have been in contact with your instructor about your illness. I am quite certain they would have filled you in on the details. If you did that, and they weren't helpful, then you got bad luck in getting an instructor. When one of my students is absent and emails me asking for information, I am not only happy to assist them, but I am impressed that they take responsibility for their absence.

Good luck with your test tomorrow!

I am interested in studying, but I have no idea what to study! That's sort of the problem.

A few of these sentences are just too complicated, and I can't seem to work them out.

Having missed several classes due to the (!!!) stomach flu, I have never really had the chance to see/discuss some of this.

Okay, well, thanks. I wasn't exactly sure how to get in contact with my teacher as his E-mail wasn't on the school's website, and he is Deaf so I couldn't very well phone him. :giggle:

you can call him anyway if he gave out his number.

you need a lot to learn about the deaf community. Just because he is deaf doesn't mean he doesn't use the phone. He may have accommodation that help him.

I didn't see a TTY number or phone number so I assumed there wasn't as much. Anyway, I'm very interested in learning about the deaf community! =)

I don't know why I was stressing myself out so badly, I got a 98 on my test *facepalm*

I didn't see a TTY number or phone number so I assumed there wasn't as much. Anyway, I'm very interested in learning about the deaf community! =)

I don't know why I was stressing myself out so badly, I got a 98 on my test *facepalm*

Now ask your teacher next class how to contact him if you are sick again.

talk about lol. seriously...

What happened to a VP number?

I don't see anything wrong with helping someone learn the language (grammar/syntax). Isn't that what we want...for more hearies to learn ASL? It isn't cheating unless she were asking in the middle of the test.

At the college where I work, every instructor provides contact information (phone numbers and email addresses), and office hours information on the first day of class. They also provide a test and exam schedule for every student so there are no surprise midterm exams. Each instructor also emphasizes that all students should get "study buddies" whom they can contact when they miss a class to keep up with what they missed.

I don't want to sound harsh but as an ASL college student, you need to be a little more proactive. If you ever plan to have a career in deaf education or interpreting you'll have to know how to TCB yourself.

Depending on faceless internet contacts for help isn't going to cut it.

Darkling, sorry you felt so ill. Alex gave you wonderful information. You said it yourself, don't stress. Relax, you most likely know the info, but are too stressed. Psych yourself into a nice, studious attitude, relax and ENJOY. Be certain to follow others advice on finding out your professors contact info. Wasn't it on your syllabus?
Good luck in your studies, I just know that you will do well. Other students here are also going through tests, exams, whatever... you have our full support.

At the college where I work, every instructor provides contact information (phone numbers and email addresses), and office hours information on the first day of class. They also provide a test and exam schedule for every student so there are no surprise midterm exams. Each instructor also emphasizes that all students should get "study buddies" whom they can contact when they miss a class to keep up with what they missed.

I don't want to sound harsh but as an ASL college student, you need to be a little more proactive. If you ever plan to have a career in deaf education or interpreting you'll have to know how to TCB yourself.

Depending on faceless internet contacts for help isn't going to cut it.

*applause* I agree with Reba wholeheartedly!!!

augh... Thanks PFH! I thought that was a prior test... geez.

Back