Scam uses Sorenson VP phone directory!

They key word is... Africa!

That's pretty much how all scams start. :roll:

More like "free money."

Nothing in this world is free ya know. If there are people out there who would give you money for something through emails, then sorry I would rather give up that opportunity than pay the price when it isn't real deal.

It's general rule not to give out your personal information (even to your own friends). 80% of the time if you fill out the form for doctor or bank or whatever, you don't even have to give out your SS number. You can just refuse to fill out that info. Most of the time they understand.

Only time giving out personal information make sense is if you are in doctor, school, bank, or lawyer office or when you make a big purchase such as cellphone, house, or car. Then usually you have no choice but to give out some info since they got to do background check on you. Never through internet.

This has annihilation at all to do with Sorenson servers. It's about application the agenda to ambition humans in phishing or added scams. The acceptable ole adage from abounding abounding years ago still holds accurate today. That is; "If if sounds to acceptable to be true, it is" Besides, the acceptable account actuality is that at atomic Sorenson sends you an email absolution you apperceive anyone is absent your amount instead of just giving it out. You gotta accord them some acclaim for like that...

I unlisted my listings on Sorenson directory in few years ago. F..k up Sorenson.

Yea me too, I changed to unlisted. That's why I am receiving too many junk mails on my AIM mails.

** Sorenson -- Number Private

I found it not possible to turn number PUBLIC.

I do not get many calls. i wanted more, I went change number from private to public.

Sorenson does not allow :(

This has nothing at all to do with Sorenson servers. It's about using the directory to target people in phishing or other scams. The good ole saying from many many years ago still holds true today. That is; "If if sounds to good to be true, it is" Besides, the good news here is that at least Sorenson sends you an email letting you know someone is wanting your number instead of just giving it out. You gotta give them some credit for that.

This has annihilation at all to do with Sorenson servers. It's about application the agenda to ambition humans in phishing or added scams. The acceptable ole adage from abounding abounding years ago still holds accurate today. That is; "If if sounds to acceptable to be true, it is" Besides, the acceptable account actuality is that at atomic Sorenson sends you an email absolution you apperceive anyone is absent your amount instead of just giving it out. You gotta accord them some acclaim for like that...

WOW! I suppose if you can't come up with your own thoughts you can steal someone elses.

is there a Vp listing for sorenson if not let me know i can guide u where u can post if u want to

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have a question about that how did ppl get my number if it supoose to be conferdental

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using AllDeaf App mobile app

i read her message email. To me look more likely must be Nigeria Scam. One of my friend send forward email to me and read it after that send her back dont do anything and delete it. I am glad my friend send me and asked me it is prank or what. I told her it was scam.

it is...I had quite afew..I was getting up to 20 a day I just delete no open them although I did once and emailed back show good will meet me at such and such place set time date 2000 in cash,never had African scam since.
another new scam There quite a few street magicians like dynomo they start show you dynamo trick but if want see how it done send so much money to some place in Nigeria,not a chance...They making thousands...you name it they can scam it

Its called spoofing, for each area code, there are only a million possible combination which makes spoofing fairly easy, and whats more there are only a thousand of area codes, not all of them are in system.

Don't forget hackers CAN program machine to check all of these million possible combinations for each area code and they don't take much time really. Machines can do much more than human could.

VP number is NOT the only system that gets hacked, any kinds of phone do get hacked, so your NOT alone.

Welcome to REAL 10 digit local number, live with it or else.

Back