Scam Alert...

Awauphi

Reaction score
hi everyone.... Scam alert!!! I got an email from deaf charity group
recently then few minutes i got an im from them and i knew it is a
scam cuz it said Am fine. most of scammers always say Am. Also they
spelled the word wrong not S as it should be z? lol..

Obiviously I knew no charity would donate money just for winning ?? but people would donate their money to charities that go to the needed like
disasters and children with disablities so on, etc but win just for
being picked out with your email address or screen name? yeah right!!! so i want to warn deaf people all over USA.

So can you send to everyone pls so they will be aware of this and i dont want people to lose their money. Thanks!

The website also need to be closed down too. Plus NAD need to be notified that this said NAD acutally endorse this thing? i dont believe this? I hope someone know where to send this to? I have no idea but this need to be done soon as possible before someone lose their money, ok? so please let me
know!!! I appreciate it..Thanks.~ Have a great day!

Ginger :)

copy the link on bottom and you will see a website ACTUALLY exists!!! :shock: so please spread to everyone that it is A SCAM!!!!! don't fall for this!!! OK?? :)

::: Deaf Charity Organisation :::

deafcharityorg is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back
in.
deafcharityorg: Hello, are you here now?
deafcharityorg: Hello, are you here now?
Ginger: Who is this?
deafcharityorg: Hi, My Name is laura, Deaf Charity Organisation
Ginger: Hi Laura How are you?
deafcharityorg: Am Fine and You?
deafcharityorg: Hello
Ginger: i am fine
Ginger: thanks for asking
deafcharityorg: Have you received an Email Notification from us
Ginger: yes i got it but it is a scam.
Ginger: i am sorry
Ginger: i wont fall for something like that.
Ginger: i will not give u my money anyway
Ginger: thanks!
Ginger: :)
deafcharityorg: ::: Deaf Charity Organisation :::
Ginger: yes but it is SCAM.
Ginger: sorry!
deafcharityorg: Ok..I will Cancell your winning Sir/ma, have a Great
day

here is the actual email i got from them..

Dear Winner,

With a Heart Filled with Pleasure, I announce you as a Winner in the
Ongoing Deaf Charity Organisation Lotto. A Draw was Randomly Held
After
Emails were gotten from Top Email providers Like Yahoo, AOL, MSN, and
Top Deaf and Charitable Organisations like NAD, WFD, and UNAD.

Your email address XXX@aol.com was randomly selected
by our System to win a sCash Prize of $150,000.00 ( One Hundered and
Fifty Thousand Dollars).

Once again we congratulate you. You Will be Contacted by one of Our
Staff
shortly on how to get your prize.

Details of Draw:

Draw Number: 0009129
Winning Number: CL3833992
Winning Email Address: XXX@aol.com

Please Be aware of Scammers and Imposters who Claim to Work for The
Organisation. Our Staff includes, Laura Irwin
(deaflottoincorporation@yahoo.com) Shana Smith (payxxx102@yahoo.com).

Please note this names and email addresses,if you are contacted by
Someone
different, please email the Conversation and names with email address
to
info@deafcharity.org

Congratulations.

Cara Williams,
Notification officer,
Deaf Charity Organisation
info@deafcharity.org

Click Below for testimonies
Click Below for past winners and Recent Winners

The website is a fake one, I can see in the source code ;)

Thanks for the heads up, FC!

It's also curious how their website says that they get the email addresses from NAD and the other organizations. I wonder if NAD knows about that? I'm a member of NAD, and I certainly would NOT appreciate them sharing my email address with bunko organizations!

I got the same thing a few months ago...:roll:

Thanks for the heads up!

Wait a minute -- Reba, you said that you're a member of the NAD right? Take a look at this

"I've been a member of NAD for 22 months and I am happy to Win $150,000.00 from Deaf Charity Organization."

I ain't falling for these comments, right?

Oh damn to scammers.

Thankfully, I don't have any scammers that bother me via email or IM because I was configuration on more tighten privacy to whipping scammers off but used to got IM from scammer for very time ago like happened in 2006.

I wish that I would send an dangerous trojan horse to scammers via email to screw their computer up and kill HDD to dead.

How can you tell from the source code? There are many horrible legit websites out there :)

Take a look at the images located in the bottom of the website -- These are the pictures of the credit cards. Are they supposed to be there? :hmm:..I don't think so

Wait a minute -- Reba, you said that you're a member of the NAD right? Take a look at this

"I've been a member of NAD for 22 months and I am happy to Win $150,000.00 from Deaf Charity Organization."

I sure hope not!

Take a look at the images located in the bottom of the website -- These are the pictures of the credit cards. Are they supposed to be there? :hmm:..I don't think so

Yeah, I also felt that the credit card companies images were out of place. There are a lot of things that seem out of place.

Yeah, I also felt that the credit card companies images were out of place. There are a lot of things that seem out of place.

Excatly, that's what I mean! Things are out of place and it is not professional, like my website for australia where it has a professional look. :) Shame on Deaf Charity Organisation. :pissed:

I knew this is fake. I was right all along.. deaf charity :rl:

i checked the phone number to see where it is located at. it is located at Minnesota but the address is in GA, wtf? cant they make their mind up where their shitty headquarter is? sheesh! so obivously its a scam!

I wonder if someone would dare to call the number? lol... heh!

Former President Clinton? Bill Gates, and others? I dont think they would endorse this along with NAD?

I already sent email to NAD about this and I hope to hear from them soon! They wont be happy about this!!!! i will let you all know what NAD said on this ok? :)

If it was so true, we would have heard it thru the news or newspapers, right?

I checked the phone number to see where it is located at. it is located at Minnesota but the address is in GA, wtf?

There we go. :) That's the answer to a scam website.

If it was so true, we would have heard it thru the news or newspapers, right?

Correct or it can be in a deaf newsletter or NAD newsletter, right?

There we go. :) That's the answer to a scam website.

Correct or it can be in a deaf newsletter or NAD newsletter, right?

Oh, it would be alllll over the deaf newsletters!!!

yes jclarke it would be ALL over the newsletters or NAD website.. i get NAD's email seems like every week or so..or maybe monthly?

if NAD endorsed it... it would be in the newsletter long time ago??? i never see any of that?

I cant wait to hear from NAD! heh!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hey everyone!!! I FOUND the owner of Deafcharity!!!! Tony Lord from Lagos. SHEESH. i got the info from Whois.net[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Whois.Net[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

WHOIS information for: Deafcharity.org:

[/FONT][whois.publicinterestregistry.net]NOTICE: Access to .ORG WHOIS information is provided to assist persons in determining the contents of a domain name registration record in the Public Interest Registryregistry database. The data in this record is provided by Public Interest Registryfor informational purposes only, and Public Interest Registry does not guarantee its accuracy. This service is intended only for query-based access. You agree that you will use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to: (a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail, telephone, or facsimile of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing customers; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that send queries or data to the systems of Registry Operator or any ICANN-Accredited Registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register domain names or modify existing registrations. All rights reserved. Public Interest Registry reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. By submitting this query, you agree to abide by this policy. Domain ID:D150897778-LRORDomain Name:DEAFCHARITY.ORGCreated On:06-Feb-2008 22:27:21 UTCLast Updated On:06-Feb-2008 22:27:21 UTCExpiration Date:06-Feb-2009 22:27:21 UTCSponsoring Registrar:Directi Internet Solutions d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.Com (R27-LROR)Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITEDStatus:TRANSFER PROHIBITEDRegistrant ID:DI_6985263Registrant Name:Tony LordRegistrant Organization:NoneRegistrant Street1:IkotunRegistrant Street2:Registrant Street3:Registrant City:LagosRegistrant State/Province:LagosRegistrant Postal Code:23401Registrant Country:NGRegistrant Phone:+00.08066073688Registrant Phone Ext.:Registrant FAX:Registrant FAX Ext.:Registrant Email:tonikcomp@yahoo.comAdmin ID:DI_6985263Admin Name:Tony LordAdmin Organization:NoneAdmin Street1:IkotunAdmin Street2:Admin Street3:Admin City:LagosAdmin State/Province:LagosAdmin Postal Code:23401Admin Country:NGAdmin Phone:+00.08066073688Admin Phone Ext.:Admin FAX:Admin FAX Ext.:Admin Email:tonikcomp@yahoo.comTech ID:DI_6985263Tech Name:Tony LordTech Organization:NoneTech Street1:IkotunTech Street2:Tech Street3:Tech City:LagosTech State/Province:LagosTech Postal Code:23401Tech Country:NGTech Phone:+00.08066073688Tech Phone Ext.:Tech FAX:Tech FAX Ext.:Tech Email:tonikcomp@yahoo.comName Server:NS2.UNIXBSD.INFOName Server:NS3.UNIXBSD.INFOName Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Name Server: Verio Inc. - Growing Your Business, One Click At A Time

Back