SC House OKs bill ending permits to carry concealed weapons

The point is Texas and in Florida you can defend yourself with a gun without a permit. Anywhere else its a prison sentence. Even you shot a mugger who tried too mug you. Just like remember 2 years ago the crooks who tried to steal the couples van from an NJ parking garage. They shot the old man and left him for dead while it took 10 minutes for medics to arrive. And who signed that anti gun bill into law? Governor Chris Christie and he has no chance in hell getting in that white house.

NJ has always been an anti-gun state for many many many years regardless of governor. one of the only ways to become a NJ Governor is to promise to continue an anti-gun campaign. and Christie never announced his intention to run for the presidency. He repeatedly denied it.

FYI - I live in NJ and I have guns. the only "self-defense" law I have is castle doctrine.

Would you carry them in your car just in case thugs try to do something stupid towards you?

that would be illegal for me to do that in NJ. I'm not allowed to take my guns outside my home unless I'm transporting guns (must be unloaded, locked in a container, and kept in trunk) to shooting range. but I do hold several non-resident CCW licenses and more than half of states recognizes it.

that would be illegal for me to do that in NJ. I'm not allowed to take my guns outside my home unless I'm transporting guns (must be unloaded, locked in a container, and kept in trunk) to shooting range. but I do hold several non-resident CCW licenses and more than half of states recognizes it.

Its legal in Florida and in Texas though. Every farmer in Texas has a shotgun in back of their pick up truck.

COLUMBIA, SC (AP) -

A bill that would allow South Carolina residents to carry concealed weapons without a permit has passed the House.

Supporters of getting rid of concealed weapons permits amended a bill Thursday allowing permits from Georgia to be accepted in South Carolina. The changed bill was approved on a 90-18 vote.

Rep. Mike Pitts introduced the amendment. The Laurens Republican says it is a good compromise because people would still have to keep their guns hidden from view in public, but would not have to go through hours of training for a constitutional right.

Opponents of the bill say training is important to gun safety.

The South Carolina Sheriff's Association hasn't had a chance to review the bill but says it opposes people carrying weapons in public without training.

Read more: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28...mits-to-carry-concealed-weapons#ixzz3YBHudNey

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/28...ill-ending-permits-to-carry-concealed-weapons

Thumbs up...I'm all for gun training but I hate how local police make the permit so expensive, difficult and drawn out....

Laura

Thumbs up...I'm all for gun training but I hate how local police make the permit so expensive, difficult and drawn out....

Laura

That seems like your state's problem due to gun control laws?

Well, I learned from someone in the gun class. A man who is rookie told us that many police stations do not offer a training class so they just practice in the shooting area to improve their skill because they want to save the budget. He said that it was a bad idea. Beside, I was shocked, in fact, that the polices do not have a gun license. Why is that?

Some not all. Its illegal in NY,NJ,Penn,Vermont,MD,VA,NC,SC,Kentucky,Tenn and in California

do you know what "majority" means? hint - "not all".

FYI - you might want to double check on your fact. You got at least 6 wrong. While some states do not have a law called "Stand Your Ground"... they merely expand its castle doctrine law to outside of people's home.

BTW... my CCW licenses cover PA, VA, NC, SC, KY, and TN... so figure out what does it mean...

Really.

Is the "Stand Your Ground" in the castle doctrine law?

It is so strange law in Connecticut that it is an illegal for a house owner to shoot a robber in the house.

Many people bought the handguns at Cabela's on a holiday sale day. This made me think that they ignored the law. I respect their wish to protect themselves and their home. The problem is that it is a conflict issue between the bad law and a home protection. BTW, I am not residence of CT, but my mother lives there.

Really.

It is so strange law in Connecticut that it is an illegal for a house owner to shoot a robber in the house.

Many people bought the handguns at Cabela's on a holiday sale day. This made me think that they ignored the law. I respect their wish to protect themselves and their home. The problem is that it is a conflict issue between the bad law and a home protection. BTW, I am not residence of CT, but my mother lives there.

I copied this from attorney Ralph D. Sherman,130 West Main Street • New Britain, Connecticut 06052, (860) 229-0213 • fax (860) 229-0235 • e-mail atty@ralphdsherman.com

"So the question really is, when would your action be considered self defense?

In Connecticut, you are justified in using "reasonable physical force" on another person when you reasonably believe that "reasonable physical force" is necessary to protect yourself or another person from the use or imminent use of physical force. If you use deadly force, you must reasonable believe that you or another innocent person are in imminent danger of "grave bodily harm." This is quite a mass of verbiage, so let's look at some of its components.

The first issue is "reasonable physical force." Whether you use deadly force or non-deadly force against an attacker, the force must be reasonable under the circumstances. If someone hits you with a snowball, it probably would not be reasonable to respond with a firearm. But you could be justified using a firearm if, for example, an attacker showed a gun or a knife; if an attacker, armed with a piece of rope, announced that he was about to strangle you; or even if a bare-handed attacker were relatively close and showed the ability and intent to break an arm, a leg, or maybe a finger. In these three situations-but not the one with the snowball-a jury could conclude that your attacker is threatening "grave bodily harm."

"Imminent" means that the harm from the attacker is just about to happen. If someone calls you on the telephone from another state and says, "I'm going to kill you someday," you are not justified in driving to other state and shooting him. The threatened harm simply is not imminent. This factor is important because, in essence, you are legally justified in using deadly force only if you have no other option by which you could stop the bad guy at the very moment that he is attacking or about to attack you. Clearly if someone threatens you by telephone, you have many options other than deadly force.

Speaking of options, you also to consider whether you could save yourself from your attacker by simply escaping. This aspect of the law varies widely from one state to another. In Connecticut, you must retreat (get away) if (1) you can do so in complete safety AND (2) you are aware that you can retreat in complete safety. You do not have to retreat, however, if you are attacked in your home or place of business."

Really.

I was born in CT, and my brother still lives there. Most of my extended family (for the past 4 centuries) have lived in CT. I've never heard that you couldn't defend yourself in your home.

I seriously doubt Cabela's would ignore any gun laws. They have too much at stake to take that chance.

do you know what "majority" means? hint - "not all".

FYI - you might want to double check on your fact. You got at least 6 wrong. While some states do not have a law called "Stand Your Ground"... they merely expand its castle doctrine law to outside of people's home.

BTW... my CCW licenses cover PA, VA, NC, SC, KY, and TN... so figure out what does it mean...

In PA, VA, NC, SC, KY, and TN. You cant keep your gun loaded in your car

I have a deaf friend in NC. The sheriff said if there is a cop pulls you off the road (in NC, SC, GA, LA, and FL), the driver must put his/her gun on the dashboard to let the police to see it. My friend said that it is even a loaded gun on the dashboard. Is that true?

I have a deaf friend in NC. The sheriff said if there is a cop pulls you off the road (in NC, SC, GA, LA, and FL), the driver must put his/her gun on the dashboard to let the police to see it. My friend said that it is even a loaded gun on the dashboard. Is that true?

Not in SC.

The first and best thing to do it keep your hands on the wheel until directed by the officer.

If you are pulled over and an officer asks if you have any weapons in your car, and you tell him yes, he will ask you where and may ask you to slowly retrieve it or make you exit the car and ask if he/she may remove it for their safety. If it is under your seat, enjoy your time in jail. If it is in your glove or console compartment you are usually ok. Ammo should be separate from the gun.

If you have a concealed carry license and have your gun on you or within reach, all you have to do is show your CCW license. If you are stopped for speeding as an example, you do not have to tell the officer or show your CCW license or gun.

In PA, VA, NC, SC, KY, and TN. You cant keep your gun loaded in your car

again.... incorrect. I think you should just ssssshhhh and walk away. you clearly have no knowledge in this subject.

again... I said I have licenses to carry in those states and that also means I can carry a concealed loaded gun in my car or on me in public place like movie theater....

Back