Save My VRS

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION: Please sign this petition to save our VRS from FCC. FCC considers cut our effectively communication with hearing community or proposed changes. Please do this now!!! Spread to the Deaf Community to save our VRS service !!!
Save My VRS

There was as many as 40 VRS providers, now only 4 left. :-o

In the past too many Deafies thinks VRS owners is too greedy and too much money wants cuts so FCC have cut and cut and cut to the point... ahem your seeing now... Here is the consequence, only 4 VRS left! What does this tells ya?

Someone disagree Ron Burdett's announcement. The FCC will cutting down money for Sorenson. Sorenson is the one who lied to and blow the money for their customers. They fame of drama make give to us like scare tactics.

In the past too many Deafies thinks VRS owners is too greedy and too much money wants cuts so FCC have cut and cut and cut to the point... ahem your seeing now... Here is the consequence, only 4 VRS left! What does this tells ya?

No, not all VRS providers are too greedy. Sorenson only! They need more money.

Your making me laughing. You had NO clue how much it cost to run the company.

The greediest VRS owner is named John Yeh! He is the one done damage to VRS.

Keep in mind, what these proposal could mean ALL VRS gone out of business. So do you really want that to happen? This CAN happen so don't be too naive thinking one company is rich.

No, not all VRS providers are too greedy. Sorenson only! They need more money.

PurpleVRS just took over SnapVRS, they no longer in business
Sorenson
ZVRS
Convo

The name above is now only certified VRS that FCC recognized.

Out of business VRS

HamiltonVRS
PahVRS
AceVRS
DeafVRS
Hawkrelay
SprintVRS
ATTVRS
ViableVRS
IWRelay

and much more is done bye.

I could easily get information but I know you can find out for yourself.

By the way, I just learn that Free TTY software from NXIcom is in suspension though FCC so no TTY software available at this time.
A lot changes is going to happen unless Deafies quit sleeping over this. Not much I can do. :(

You could check other thread discussing exact same thing, and now what you see already done changed, now only 4 certified VRS in operation!

http://www.alldeaf.com/relay-services/67966-too-many-vrs-providers.html

Two ways may going to happen, either one which is FCC consolidates all VRS companies in one so one bill payment with strict supervision to prevent any fraud, and customer is to get their own equipment and download FCC approved software for Deaf VRS users to use them and it may not what we want. Technical support may be very limited, possible no more house calls unless one pays for it. The days of freebies may be soon gone. Or FCC would abolish VRS outright to save money.

This is what it is sounding to me. Not good!
Source, please?

Last edited:
Sorenson
ZVRS
Convo

Out of business VRS

HamiltonVRS
PahVRS
AceVRS
DeafVRS
Hawkrelay
SprintVRS
ATTVRS
ViableVRS
IWRelay

By the way, I just learn that Free TTY software from NXIcom is in suspension though FCC so no TTY software available at this time.
A lot changes is going to happen unless Deafies quit sleeping over this. Not much I can do. :(

You could check other thread discussing exact same thing, and now what you see already done changed, now only 4 certified VRS in operation!

Two ways may going to happen, either one which is FCC consolidates all VRS companies in one so one bill payment with strict supervision to prevent any fraud, and customer is to get their own equipment and download FCC approved software for Deaf VRS users to use them and it may not what we want. Technical support may be very limited, possible no more house calls unless one pays for it. The days of freebies may be soon gone. Or FCC would abolish VRS outright to save money.

Add one for out of business VRS: OneVRS

OneVRS had been waiting to be certified but so far nothing is happening at this point. I did joined ONEVRS, which it was awesome to use. You can use their VRS service is using the Google Talk through webcam which it sounded great to me. But now, OneVRS is still not in service. I guess they went out of business as well.

Now, if FCC decided no more money being sent to all 4 VRS, then all of videophones will be ceased to operate. This mean no more calls to hearing people anymore.

first of all -- I am sick and tired of people not looking at the big picture. you all are only looking at your own future on calls.

First and foremost- VRS will not simply die.
second - sorenson savevrs vlog is misleading.
third - I said this before on this forum and I'll say it again ---- look at TRS history. TRS was under fcc at first. money per min dwindled. later the state pays - the TRS had to put in bids to be the TRS state provider. VRS IS HEADING THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!! FCC is following the same business model. lower the amount of money to the point its no longer sustainable. VRS will look for revenue from another location. how? from where? same as TRS? this is largely unknown right now.

Now -- if you guys step back and think... if VRS dies today or over time - do you really think we deaf/hoh will allow it? heck NO. we will voice our opinions and protest and rally. So relax - VRS is here to stay- will not go away. we depend on it too much and they know it.

Sorenson doesnt want to be on same pay rate as the other certified
VRS providers. Sorenson dont want their products to be open source. Sorenson don't want anyone to think off the shelf products will work with any VRS. Sorenson wants you to think we have to buy the TV's we already have, the webcams we already have, the pagers we already have. There is no real burden. In fact Sorenson is passing out free ipads to switch back (porting) to Sorenson from any other VRS's. In fact they offered to give me ipad. tv. upgrade both vp200's to ntouch. for what. 2 years contract and be stuck with another VRS hardware that I preferred that is alot better that would need a different number to be functional. Sorenson doesnt own my number. it was assigned to me. We all have the choice to choose ANY VRS we prefer for WHATEVER reason no matter how important or silly.

Do you think that open source might means equivalency? full interoperability? Sorenson features found in all VRS's software/hardware?

Who were the 40?

Hello? 2 years ago, there was at least 40 VRS providers now only 4 left. What does that means?

I hope your not sleeping.

first of all -- I am sick and tired of people not looking at the big picture. you all are only looking at your own future on calls.

First and foremost- VRS will not simply die.
second - sorenson savevrs vlog is misleading.
third - I said this before on this forum and I'll say it again ---- look at TRS history. TRS was under fcc at first. money per min dwindled. later the state pays - the TRS had to put in bids to be the TRS state provider. VRS IS HEADING THE SAME WAY!!!!!!!! FCC is following the same business model. lower the amount of money to the point its no longer sustainable. VRS will look for revenue from another location. how? from where? same as TRS? this is largely unknown right now.

Now -- if you guys step back and think... if VRS dies today or over time - do you really think we deaf/hoh will allow it? heck NO. we will voice our opinions and protest and rally. So relax - VRS is here to stay- will not go away. we depend on it too much and they know it.

Sorenson doesnt want to be on same pay rate as the other certified
VRS providers. Sorenson dont want their products to be open source. Sorenson don't want anyone to think off the shelf products will work with any VRS. Sorenson wants you to think we have to buy the TV's we already have, the webcams we already have, the pagers we already have. There is no real burden. In fact Sorenson is passing out free ipads to switch back (porting) to Sorenson from any other VRS's. In fact they offered to give me ipad. tv. upgrade both vp200's to ntouch. for what. 2 years contract and be stuck with another VRS hardware that I preferred that is alot better that would need a different number to be functional. Sorenson doesnt own my number. it was assigned to me. We all have the choice to choose ANY VRS we prefer for WHATEVER reason no matter how important or silly.

Do you think that open source might means equivalency? full interoperability? Sorenson features found in all VRS's software/hardware?

Hello? 2 years ago, there was at least 40 VRS providers now only 4 left. What does that means?

I hope your not sleeping.

hellooooo back!!! knock on your head!!!! it does not mean they left due to financial means. They left for variety of reasons. One there were too many VRS's for number of deaf/hoh using vrs mins to be spread out. most people have 2 weeks worth of clothing that they always wear even though they might have a month or 2 in their closets or dressers. same with VRS. plus there are 4 left because they only managed to be certified. The others did not meet guidelines nor they didnt resolve the issues to be certified. Also sorenson has been a bully for years so many peoples dont know they can leave but they are afraid of many things. many dont like changes, why didnt a number of deaf/hoh simply switch to other vrs so they dont. kinda like following sheeps. Many people simply know there are other VRS's but they dont really know HOW it can benefit them better.

You only have worked for one VRS. I on the other hand have experience with more then 1 VRS's including the ones that died. I already have seen the commonalities. I already know what it really takes for expenses. some VRS's failed simply due to unable to advertise to show the unique features they have and many people didnt know there were out there. There are a limited number of deaf expos or festivals. many dont go due to budgets. I can go on and on and on .

YOU diehardbiker like many others are only protecting your own interests as you work for sorenson so you are only showing your one sided biased opinion.

Who were the 40?

I cannot remember them all, but I can tell you the few I do remember of top of my head . There are some on this list that used to be thier own VRS before they merged in to other VRS's or TRS's or simply combined services. some just simply dropped VRS due to budgets concerns or dont want to bother with cost of certification process.

sorenson
csdvrs
convo
sprintvrs
hawk
LDS
hamilton
snapvrs
viable
fedvrs
at&t
purple
ZVRS
graciavrs
christianVRS
iwrelay
Hands On Video Relay
IP Relay
Nordia Video Relay Service
Power VRS
healinc
american network
ASL services
CAAG VRS
BISVRS
CACVRS
CADVRS
CALLVRS
i711
llvrs
VArelay

Sorenson
ZVRS
Convo

Out of business VRS

HamiltonVRS
PahVRS
AceVRS
DeafVRS
Hawkrelay
SprintVRS
ATTVRS
ViableVRS
IWRelay

In the last 5 years, I've only heard of PurpleVRS, Sorenson, and ZVRS. I'e never heard of the others... NEVER.

SprintVRS? I only remember SprintRelay (online relay service like IP-Relay).

Sprint depart video relay service last December I think. They did announced it.

In the last 5 years, I've only heard of PurpleVRS, Sorenson, and ZVRS. I'e never heard of the others... NEVER.

SprintVRS? I only remember SprintRelay (online relay service like IP-Relay).

How many times did I mention only Sorenson in this thread??? Please go back to previous posts, tell me how many times did I mention Sorenson? NONE! Not even ONE! All mentioned was V R S that is it! What does it means? It does not necessarily means Sorenson, it means ALL VRS industry and it can mean all of these 4 certified VRS companies so again NOTHING to do with Sorenson. Your barking at the wrong tree.

Surprised? I no longer work for Sorenson. I don't know if I will be able to work again in near future. This is about VRS industry not just Sorenson! From 40 to only 4 left, was 5 last week. I don't want it go down to just 1 or maybe none which is what FCC wants. I wanted you to understand that I am just another VRS customer that is all.

And no, I don't believe Sorenson being bully because I used to work there and I let customers decide for themselves. They kept coming back.

The real problem is the fiscal cliff, and every federal government is on the cutting block and is in attempt to cut more. It has nothing to do with VRS in operation, it is FEDERAL themselves that is trying to cut the cost. Problem is if congress do nothing, there will be 1.2 or 1.7 trillion dollars budget cuts all across the board including FCC, military, etc. How do I know? You should know too, FCC tend to proposal rate changes during early spring, right? Now is not even spring yet, we are not even hit winter season yet. This is not normal for FCC to announce their plans way too early. You see, if congress has not make any changes until January 1st, FCC will get cut with their budget, by how much? I don't know and it is somewhat scary.

The reason why I wanted Sorenson is because of their equipment that I like. I wanted a stand alone VRS equipment with nothing else in it, and I select my own TV size where no other VRS competitor offers that. And LASTLY, Sorenson own stand alone equipment has port for flasher where I could hook it up with whole house lightning system so I know call comes in even if I am in basement or other rooms. No other competitors other than Sorenson has offered me exact what I wanted. My decision on choosing VRS provider has nothing to do with working for them, it is my own personal preferance. The idea of FCC wants off the shelves, what are the chances the off the shelve product have the ringer port? If you know one, show me! One of Sorenson competitor has specific feature that I have wanted, problem is they don't have ringer port and the design is not what I wanted, what a bummer for me and I have done VRScomments with Sorenson.

Again, my concern is for ALL VRS industries not just Sorenson because I know there are people out there may not like Sorenson which is completely fine with me and understandable as well. And I wanted them Deafies as all for one and one for all, to have access to VRS just like I have, regardless which VRS provider they wanted. If they wanted Purple, sure no problem, if they wanted Z VRS, then fine with me, if they wanted Convo, fine with me too. But what is not fine with me is that FCC makes it difficult for small VRS company to run due to serious budget cuts.

Sorenson actually listen to customers, you may not realize this. They used VRScomments to improve and treak their system based on that. If you don't like something from Sorenson, just VRScomments and when they get enough feedback they will put it on engineer table and get this moving. This won't happen overnight but will happen over time.

Back to the point, it is for ALL of VRS companies... I believe FCC is doing anything to cut the cost, they don't care about Deaf because they are under budget stress. My concern is not just for Sorenson, but to ALL VRS. FCC knew that VRS is not the only way for Deafies to use, they see Text relay service, they would say whats wrong with it? Their motivation was text is cheaper.

hellooooo back!!! knock on your head!!!! it does not mean they left due to financial means. They left for variety of reasons. One there were too many VRS's for number of deaf/hoh using vrs mins to be spread out. most people have 2 weeks worth of clothing that they always wear even though they might have a month or 2 in their closets or dressers. same with VRS. plus there are 4 left because they only managed to be certified. The others did not meet guidelines nor they didnt resolve the issues to be certified. Also sorenson has been a bully for years so many peoples dont know they can leave but they are afraid of many things. many dont like changes, why didnt a number of deaf/hoh simply switch to other vrs so they dont. kinda like following sheeps. Many people simply know there are other VRS's but they dont really know HOW it can benefit them better.

You only have worked for one VRS. I on the other hand have experience with more then 1 VRS's including the ones that died. I already have seen the commonalities. I already know what it really takes for expenses. some VRS's failed simply due to unable to advertise to show the unique features they have and many people didnt know there were out there. There are a limited number of deaf expos or festivals. many dont go due to budgets. I can go on and on and on .

YOU diehardbiker like many others are only protecting your own interests as you work for sorenson so you are only showing your one sided biased opinion.

Back