Sarah Palin signing ILY - cool

madmax64

Reaction score
Sarah was in Henderson, Nevada (10/21/2008).

what does ILY mean?

Oh nice but won't vote her due disagree with most of her views.

Jiro, I think you know? :)

Haha, Wokamuka - don't even think about it. :lol:

That's cool! That's nice of her! Where is Obama's sign ILY?? :hmm:

She knows one sign....who cares? It doesn't mean she is qualified to have our vote now does it? :roll:

That's cool! That's nice of her! Where is Obama's sign ILY?? :hmm:

Well, he had 4 terps at the rally I attended. That way the deaf members of the audience were actually able to understand everything he had to say rather than to be patronized by a publicity stunt of a woman using one sign she was taught just before using it.

My question would be not why Obama didn't sign ILY, but where were Palin's terps?

ouch. that's gonna leave a mark. good comeback

ouch. that's gonna leave a mark. good comeback

Thank you, sir! My point is that Obama has actually addressed the needs of the deaf community by having terps at his rallies. Palin has engaged in a publicity gimmick, but has shown no true concern for the deaf community. I find her use of the ILY sign patronizing and insulting. Its as if she believes the public, and in particular, the deaf/Deaf public are so shallow as to be unable to see that her learning one sign does not make up for the fact that she had not done anything to faccilitate true communication. To me, it is as distateful as holding her son with Down's Syndrome up as a way to garner votes from parents with disabled children.

Thank you, sir! My point is that Obama has actually addressed the needs of the deaf community by having terps at his rallies. Palin has engaged in a publicity gimmick, but has shown no true concern for the deaf community. I find her use of the ILY sign patronizing and insulting. Its as if she believes the public, and in particular, the deaf/Deaf public are so shallow as to be unable to see that her learning one sign does not make up for the fact that she had not done anything to faccilitate true communication. To me, it is as distateful as holding her son with Down's Syndrome up as a way to garner votes from parents with disabled children.

Hehe. Obama did have terps WAY back in March 2007 when I attended a rally of his. I wouldn't say that doing ILY sign in general is bad if you don't know ASL. But come on...

It's Sarah Palin. And who the hell is she saying ILY to?! Think about it, if she verbally yelled out "I LOVE YOU!!!", aren't you gonna be like wtf? It seems to be a concert thing to me: "I LOVE YOU, NASHVILLE!" or "I LOVE YOU, NICK JONAS!"

Hehe. Obama did have terps WAY back in March 2007 when I attended a rally of his. I wouldn't say that doing ILY sign in general is bad if you don't know ASL. But come on...

It's Sarah Palin. And who the hell is she saying ILY to?! Think about it, if she verbally yelled out "I LOVE YOU!!!", aren't you gonna be like wtf? It seems to be a concert thing to me: "I LOVE YOU, NASHVILLE!" or "I LOVE YOU, NICK JONAS!"

Such is her mentality!:lol:

Back