Rio

Brady lady
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chargers announce they’re moving to Los Angeles

By Mark Maske
Sports
January 12 at 11:25 AM
So long, San Diego: Chargers to head north to L.A.

Play Video1:22

After more than a half-century in San Diego, the Chargers, the city's NFL team, will pull up roots and relocate to Los Angeles beginning with the 2017 season. (Reuters)

The San Diego Chargers are headed to Los Angeles and will begin play there next season, the team announced Thursday.

The announcement Thursday morning by Dean Spanos, the team’s chairman, came one day after Spanos informed NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and several fellow owners Wednesday that he planned to exercise the franchise’s option, granted last year by the owners, to join the Rams in Los Angeles.

ADVERTISING

“After much deliberation, I have made the decision to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles, beginning with the 2017 NFL season,” Spanos wrote in a letter posted on the team’s website.

“San Diego has been our home for 56 years. It will always be part of our identity, and my family and I have nothing but gratitude and appreciation for the support and passion our fans have shared with us over the years.

“But today, we turn the page and begin an exciting new era as the Los Angeles Chargers,” Spanos wrote.

Next season?! I wonder why Oakland Raiders took few years to relocate to Las Vegas?!

Spanos is a fool and a bad owner. Officially, I no longer am San Diego Chargers fan. They won't last in LA.

Last edited:
They should bring back Dan Fouts if they ever want to win a Super Bowl. Wait. He never won one either. :afro:

Those of us in the St. Louis area already know a good bit about how you feel — we already lost the Rams to LA!

Argh. I'm so infuriated. I don't understand what's so special about LA. San Diego Chargers tried it there years ago and moved back to San Diego. It seems like LA chews you up and spits you out.

*bangs head against the wall.

Argh. I'm so infuriated. I don't understand what's so special about LA. San Diego Chargers tried it there years ago and moved back to San Diego. It seems like LA chews you up and spits you out.

*bangs head against the wall.
Why two NFL team in ONE city... I understand NY jets and NY Giants because of NY, nj. It would be nice to see chargers move to any state where there is no NFL team.

I have a friend, she's a Charger fan and I asked her how she felt about it. Her answer, " I am still a Charger fan but I don't like the logo".

I had a good time in 2008 when I went to SD to see the Chargers vs Patriots. The Chargers won bec Brady was out that season . Good game , a lot Bolt fans.

Spanos is a fool and a bad owner. Officially, I no longer am San Diego Chargers fan. They won't last in LA.

I feel your pain :( So many Charger fans in SD were piling jerseys and stuff to burn. Crazy and saying their done! Not going to support the Chargers in L.A.

Why two NFL team in ONE city... I understand NY jets and NY Giants because of NY, nj. It would be nice to see chargers move to any state where there is no NFL team.

LA used to had two NFL teams from 1982 to 1995, also in 1960-1961.

I have a friend, she's a Charger fan and I asked her how she felt about it. Her answer, " I am still a Charger fan but I don't like the logo".

I had a good time in 2008 when I went to SD to see the Chargers vs Patriots. The Chargers won bec Brady was out that season . Good game , a lot Bolt fans.

Do you know that Chargers was originally from LA?

The new stadium is major factor that Chargers want to move back to LA after voters reject taxpayer's money on new stadium in San Diego.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/sports/football/san-diego-rejects-chargers-stadium.html

so where's their new stadium?
For now in Carson ,CA. Sharing it with the soccer teams.

Later, will merge with Rams at the newly bulit stadium sometime in couple of years.

I feel your pain :( So many Charger fans in SD were piling jerseys and stuff to burn. Crazy and saying their done! Not going to support the Chargers in L.A.

I don't know what to do with my San Diego Chargers uniforms. I even got one from San Diego Chargers vs SF 49ers Super Bowl. My brother officially is done with San Diego Chargers. He is a Seattle Seahawks convert.

The question is how long will they last in LA? hmm.. 20 years?

For now in Carson ,CA. Sharing it with the soccer teams.

Later, will merge with Rams at the newly bulit stadium sometime in couple of years.

It will be in Inglewood.

I don't know what to do with my San Diego Chargers uniforms. I even got one from San Diego Chargers vs SF 49ers Super Bowl. My brother officially is done with San Diego Chargers. He is a Seattle Seahawks convert.

The question is how long will they last in LA? hmm.. 20 years?
I would keep the jerseys if I was him . So much memories. I had an L.T t-shirt bec I liked the Chargers like a good friend lol Junior Seau used to be a Charger and came to the Patriots . I have nothing bad to say about them.

Your brother can convert to a Patriots fan:D

Back