Salma Hayek Breastfeeds an African Baby

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Playstation 3 Withdrawl Video - Heavy.com

While being filmed by a "Nightline" camera crew on a recent humanitarian mission in Sierra Leone, actress Salma Hayek came across the starving baby of a woman unable to breast-feed, according to a published report. The actress, who breast feeds her own 1- year old daughter, took the matter into her own, uh, hands.

What is the baby going to do when she is done filming?

When the baby gets older, he/she can say "I was breastfed by a famous and gorgeous acress! "

I'm confused. When I clicked on the link, I was hoping to see the video of her boobs but..... I see some angry kid

Here's the YouTube video of Salma Hayek and the transcript of herself talking as well. Her breasts are covered with a cloth.

[yt]kM7kKJ1NbQA[/yt]

Transcript:

'Am I being disloyal to my child by giving my milk away? I actually think my baby would be very proud to be able to share her milk.

'When she grows up, I will make sure she continues to share and be a caring and generous person.'

Wetnursing, or cross-feeding, was common practice at the beginning before the Second World War until the introduction of artificial milk.

Miss Hayek said that she had been inspired by a story of her great-grandmother.

She said: 'My great-grandmother was in a Mexican village and they found a woman in the street who was inconsolably crying and the baby was also crying.

'My great-grandmother asked what the matter was and the mother said, 'She is very, very hungry and I have no more milk'.

'And in the street, my great-grandmother breastfed that baby who instantly stopped crying and went peacefully to sleep. I was really impressed by that story.'

I think it is great that Salma breastfed the baby and shared her breast milk. I just wonder if the baby that Salma breastfed would get emotionally attached to her instead of the natural mother?

Kudos to Salma for doing a noble cause.

I think it's great for her to do something like this.

As for the attachment that may develop during the progress - It is possible but then again, babies are able to adapt at things much easier since they absorb things that comes across their way.

As for the attachment that may develop during the progress - It is possible but then again, babies are able to adapt at things much easier since they absorb things that comes across their way.

I just wonder what will happen when she is done with filming or after that day..the baby lives?

*smh*

Something is not right about this......

I think it is noble of her to do that but what is the baby's health like???

I just wonder what will happen when she is done with filming or after that day..the baby lives?

Good Question.

As we know, in overall the health of the children over in Africa are not so bleak as it is elsewhere. So, I'm not sure if the baby will live or not. I hope it does continue to live though.

Eh weird...if thats anything to give the baby more than what the baby needs I guess thats cool.

Honestly, I think Salma Hayek is ewwww-ly! seriously.

*shrugs* I guess that's just me.

I agree with you that what Salma did was very very herioc acts and noble cause to help feed a hungry baby. I would have done the same thing in her shoe. I say she one hell of a brave woman to do what she felt was right to help a baby. :):aw:

I think more noble if she had donated a supply of formula for the duration of when the baby would need it, so it would definitely live.

Back