Safecracker game

Christer

Reaction score
We went to shopping at Target today and I saw SafeCracker game for 9.99 and I thought it would be fun I like to playing hard strategy games so we bought it. So I am here home and installed that game then installation completed but it won't start, all I see is blink then back desktop.

My computer specification is:
Windows: Windows XP Home edition
Processor : 2.0 GHz AMD athlon 3200+
Memory: 1GB (512mb x 2)
Hard Drive: 80GB
DirectX: 9.0c
Video: 128Mb GF 6200TurboCache

SafeCracker's system requirement:
Windows: 98/ME/2000/XP
Processor: 800MHz Pentium 3/ Athlon
Memory: 64 mb ram
CD/DVD-ROM: 16x
Hard Disk: 700mb available
DirectX 9.0c (included)
Video: 64mb directx 9.0c video card

What's wrong with my computer?

Safe cracker....game :hmm:

but to have fun with this.

I would say. It is a game that locks your PC. and in order to play it again you have to crack it. :giggle:

I know!! sorry bad joke. I truly don't know.

Maybe, you're clicking on the wrong icon?

From what you described, it sounds like the install icon being clicked on. (When you click on the install icon for the first time, a window pops up and shows all installation procedures. When you click on the install icon for the second time after it's already been done, a window that's blank usually pops up then goes back to Windows again. That's normal for some games.)

We went to shopping at Target today and I saw SafeCracker game for 9.99 and I thought it would be fun I like to playing hard strategy games so we bought it. So I am here home and installed that game then installation completed but it won't start, all I see is blink then back desktop.

My computer specification is:
Windows: Windows XP Home edition
Processor : 2.0 GHz AMD athlon 3200+
Memory: 1GB (512mb x 2)
Hard Drive: 80GB
DirectX: 9.0c
Video: 128Mb GF 6200TurboCache

SafeCracker's system requirement:
Windows: 98/ME/2000/XP
Processor: 800MHz Pentium 3/ Athlon
Memory: 64 mb ram
CD/DVD-ROM: 16x
Hard Disk: 700mb available
DirectX 9.0c (included)
Video: 64mb directx 9.0c video card

What's wrong with my computer?

Do your computer installed DX9c yet? If no then download http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413&displaylang=en

Thanks for helping me and still not working on SafeCracker game. I think I know why it caused like that because of motherboard is old and going to worn out soon. I guess I will buy a new motherboard so I can play games.

Thanks for helping me and still not working on SafeCracker game. I think I know why it caused like that because of motherboard is old and going to worn out soon. I guess I will buy a new motherboard so I can play games.

Not just motherboard. It's Video card. My younger brother had AMD athlon 3200+ and it's work great for battlefield 2142 because he got better video card. It's 6800gt. It's way faster than your video card.

Let me tell you the story of my friend. I built the computer for him around 3-5years ago. It was around AMD 2.0ghz, 1gb ram, and Ati video card something and it's around 60-120fps from BF2. So few years later He saw Intel P4 3.2ghz,2GB RAM and he thought it's FASTER than his old computer plus cheaper. So he bought it and play with battlefield 2. He complained to me why his brand new computer is around 15-30fps and his old computer is 60-120fps. He gave me the model of his computer. I was holy shit. It's POS and it use Integrated (onboard video) and no AGP/PCI-E 16x slot. He said anything to upgrade to make it faster? I said no, motherboard is very limits. He feels he wasted his money for useless gamer. Hahaha.

Not just motherboard. It's Video card. My younger brother had AMD athlon 3200+ and it's work great for battlefield 2142 because he got better video card. It's 6800gt. It's way faster than your video card.

Let me tell you the story of my friend. I built the computer for him around 3-5years ago. It was around AMD 2.0ghz, 1gb ram, and Ati video card something and it's around 60-120fps from BF2. So few years later He saw Intel P4 3.2ghz,2GB RAM and he thought it's FASTER than his old computer plus cheaper. So he bought it and play with battlefield 2. He complained to me why his brand new computer is around 15-30fps and his old computer is 60-120fps. He gave me the model of his computer. I was holy shit. It's POS and it use Integrated (onboard video) and no AGP/PCI-E 16x slot. He said anything to upgrade to make it faster? I said no, motherboard is very limits. He feels he wasted his money for useless gamer. Hahaha.

Yup, I remember about what you said.

Christer, does your motherboard has PCE x16 or AGP slot? You can buy cheaper video card on ebay.

Charts, benchmarks Desktop VGA Charts 2005, Call of Duty 2

Check it out. You see number of model for video card. 7800 is faster and 6600 is slower. Thats mean 6200 is more slower than 6600.

BTW I noticed you had $250-$300 motherboard before but you sold it. Trust me. $250-$300 motherborad dont mean faster than $80 motherboard. All motherboards are almost same for speed at SAME processor.

Yup, I remember about what you said.

Christer, does your motherboard has PCE x16 or AGP slot? You can buy cheaper video card on ebay.

My motherboard is 761GXKMB-KRS FoxChannel motherboard and PCI Express 16x (not 2.0 16x) I bought it from CompUSA store for 139.99 it was combo with AMD Athlon 3200+.

I found cheaper video card for $80 from newegg.com also I am considered that I need upgrade memory for my motherboard because when I was play on Team Fortress 2 and I kept see the left and upper corner "OS pool lower" or something like that. Tell me what you think and do you think it will work on my computer? So I will don't worry about spend new whole parts and save my money.

Video Card:
Newegg.com - Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Memory:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

My motherboard is 761GXKMB-KRS WinFast motherboard and PCI Express 16x (not 2.0 16x) I bought it from CompUSA store for 139.99 it was combo with AMD Athlon 3200+.

I found cheaper video card for $80 from newegg.com also I am considered that I need upgrade memory for my motherboard because when I was play on Team Fortress 2 and I kept see the left and upper corner "OS pool lower" or something like that. Tell me what you think and do you think it will work on my computer? So I will don't worry about spend new whole parts and save my money.

Video Card:
Newegg.com - Galaxy 95TGE8HUFEXX GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Memory:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

You got PCE x16 then you are good to go, don't worry about 2.0, 1.0 is good for midrange graphic card.

I don't know about OS pool lower but The Highlander should explain to you.

Hmm... I don't even think that you need a powerful video card. The game looks like it uses the same graphics as Myst, which is a very old game. I checked out the videos and there's nothing fancy or complex about them.

Perhaps, it's not your video card?

Have you tried contacting the company that made the game for troubleshooting? Perhaps, they can help you? :)

No.

SafeCracker's system requirement is DirectX 9.0c which need powerful video card.

Myst use quicktime for animated. That's mean it never need GPU video card, just use CPU.

Just looks up Myst what graphic "engine" they use.

Back