ROKU 3- NETFLIX - and Closed Captioning

I am new here and asking questions for my dad. He is 88 years old and not very tech savvy - leaves that to me. :D I want to get him some good programing (he is using Directv now and hates it!) I am considering the Roku system coupled with Netflix and would like to get opinions on this.

His requirements would be, simplicity of use (very important - remote control with onscreen selection guide?), Closed Captioning with large font, good movie AND TV show selection. Does Roku fit this? I see many discussions about the problems with cc but little discussion about the Roku and Netflix content. Are there good selections of current tv programs?

Does the Roku use wireless connection to internet? Wired would be a problem as I'd have to run a CAT 3 cable through a wall to the router.

Also, he has 2 TV's .. would he need to have 2 Roku boxes? (I assume so) but he could use his Netflix account for ether TV, yes? Mom would watch her TV with Netflix and he would watch his Netflix ... all on the same account?
Yes, he would need one Roku player for each TV. Two TVs mean two players if he can afford.

Back