Rock climbing

Mister Potts

Reaction score
Who here likes to rock climb? I consistently climb 5.10, was able to finish a 5.11- route today. This is all indoor, hopefully I'll start climbing outdoors soon. Probably in the range of 5.6 to 5.8 for now.

If I ever hit up your area, we could go climbing together.

me :wave: I just tried it in an indoor set-up couple of times tho. I think you're probably ahead of me. But I loved it! I wanna go again
how did u get started?

Find someone who climbs or is willing to get started in climbing, and just go for it. I personally just started at end of Jan/beginning of Feb. First time I climbed, I got hooked since.

You should see a couple climbers at the local gym here. Beer belly's least of the worries. In other words, yeah, haha.

For those who might be interested in rockclimbing indoors, here's a site with all the gyms across the US and even the world. Take a gander and maybe you can start there.

World-wide Rock Climbing Gym & Artificial Wall Listing - www.indoorclimbing.com

authentic, here's one, I saw pictures and the gym looks pretty wicked, maybe you can go check it. Give it a try with a friend.

Planet Granite Climbing Yoga & Fitness

Ahh dude, too bad I'm not over there in boulder. There's some great climbing spots over the coors brewery area. You'll find plenty that are good. If you can do 10-11, you can pretty much do the same outdoors as long as it isn't multipitch. It's just harder finding the right hold that's all.
Sadly I don't know any deafies around you that climb. I'm looking for peeps down here in Texas.

You should see a couple climbers at the local gym here. Beer belly's least of the worries. In other words, yeah, haha.

For those who might be interested in rockclimbing indoors, here's a site with all the gyms across the US and even the world. Take a gander and maybe you can start there.

World-wide Rock Climbing Gym & Artificial Wall Listing - www.indoorclimbing.com

authentic, here's one, I saw pictures and the gym looks pretty wicked, maybe you can go check it. Give it a try with a friend.

Planet Granite Climbing Yoga & Fitness

I was joking about beer belly. I know there's deaf group climbing at Planet Granite on every Thursdays. They asked me to join, but I work full day on Thursdays..which is sucks.

I was joking about beer belly. I know there's deaf group climbing at Planet Granite on every Thursdays. They asked me to join, but I work full day on Thursdays..which is sucks.

Ha, wow, I didn't know about that. Useful tidbit of information next time I go out to San Francisco. Sweet. That sucks about the job. No way of changing it?

Seriously, I love going to the rock and ropes gym doing rock climbing. It's a great sportl

I have a huge beer belly, would climbing work for me?

At least your belly will be your third "hand" to climb right up. :lol: j/k I know you don't have one...no way a active traveler like you have one. :)

haha :) beer bellies...

I'm over in Maryland so if anyone want to climb w/ me, you're more than welcome to. I climb 5.9/5.10 and haven't climb outdoors yet.

Back