Robert Johnson, Deaf creator of Sextoon Died Post #1

KingCobra

Reaction score
Robert Johnson, Deaf creator of Sextoon Died

Hi Folks!

It is sad news to share you that Mr. Robert Johnson, Deaf creator of popular website Sextoon got killed by speeding in Texas this morning.

I had known Mr. Johnson or "RJ" as one of my friends at Gallaudet University for several years. His immensely artistic talents got attention of alot of studenbts and staff and he did cartoons in the Blue and Buff, Gallaudet University students newspapers. In addition, he did wonderful works on party posters for his fraternity, Kappa Sigma and a few other organizations and Spirit Week posters for the Class of 1990 that RJ and I proudly belonged to.

Rest In Peace, my buddy.

KingCobra :sad:

What??? you are shitting me? I used to chat with him on AOL years ago. He was so comical. Ofc, I never meet him in person. I did buy his first sex cartoon comic book. I love his sex cartoon works because they are the best ones. I am shocked to learn that he got killed in a car accident. I wonder if the newspaper can reveal his accident? Pls let me know, so I can inform my buddies who knew him personally. Thank you.

God bless his soul. :shock:

Oddball said:
What??? you are shitting me? I used to chat with him on AOL years ago. He was so comical. Ofc, I never meet him in person. I did buy his first sex cartoon comic book. I love his sex cartoon works because they are the best ones. I am shocked to learn that he got killed in a car accident. I wonder if the newspaper can reveal his accident? Pls let me know, so I can inform my buddies who knew him personally. Thank you.

God bless his soul. :shock:

I ain't shitting ya. I got email about his untimely death from my fraternity brother who got news from his sister in California.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Who's your fraternity brother? I'm not quite sure about those... "friend of a friend of a friend" rumors.

Happened to me once already. Someone spread the word that a girl was killed in a car accident. Two days later, everyone found out she never died. Someone hacked into her AOL account and spread the false rumor.

VamPyroX said:
Who's your fraternity brother? I'm not quite sure about those... "friend of a friend of a friend" rumors.

Happened to me once already. Someone spread the word that a girl was killed in a car accident. Two days later, everyone found out she never died. Someone hacked into her AOL account and spread the false rumor.

I rather not release his name; however, I chose to believe this news. His source came from his sister whom I also knew personally.

KingCobra

VamPyroX said:

Vampy, take it from me... KingCobra is not one to fib about someone's untimely passing, especially when he was good friends with this person. I know KingCobra and the fraternity brother as well.. they both wouldn't fabricate a rumour about someone's death.

OMG! IM soo sorry to hear this! god bless his soul and may he rest in peace. :sadwave:

Awwwww, I do miss RJ. Used have cybered with him thru AOL. Even met in real life, too. he's so kewl and brillant artistc!

:tears:

Forgot to add. Notice I know two Deafies (RJ & TS) in real life. They got killed in auto accident in less than two weeks from now. Just be careful on the road and driving, please.

:werd: lasza.. My helpful advice to all of you Deaf drivers... please focus on your driving. Remind your family members and friends not to talk/use ASL while you are driving on the road. Distraction is the biggest factor for Deaf drivers.

I must admit that I am a lousy driver and half of my buddies are scared of my reckless driving. Because of that, I never knew that I have symptoms of ADHD until almost two years ago. I prefer anyone not to talk to me while I am driving except when I stop at the lights for a few minutes. Distraction is my number one factor and I must focus on my driving and think of my passengers as well.

I know only three Deafies got killed in car accidents within two weeks and one or two months apart. It is scary.

Be careful out there.

Of course, I do miss RJ as well.

My sympathy go to him and his family. Don't remember if I have met him at a deaf event. Can someone post a pic of him here?

Is it me or is there a curse in Texas that a lot of people got killed in accidents? I've been hearing a lot of news coming from Texas so often! :eek:

yes Lasza and Oddball i agree -- sad

any deaths that are untimely are shocking and the worst to have to go thru -- i also knew 2 other ppl also killed in auto accidents :( theyre now with God and now RJ joins them

What?!?!? oh no.. I just saw him not too long ago.. He was at the National softball tourney... I m truly sadden to hear this tragic news.... :cry:

VamPyroX said:

Austin Man Killed in Accident

An Austin man is dead after a one-car accident in southwest Austin.
Police say 44-year-old Robert Johnson was driving too fast in the 9300 block of Escarpment Boulevard when he drove into a dead end barricade Sunday morning.
It's Austin's 36th traffic fatality of the year.

Another link you can use...

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=83051

Thanks Freaky for posting this link... Such a tragic news like this... My deeply sympathy goes to his wife, Liz and his family....

Now that I've seen the article... I believe it. Jeez... sucks!

I am sorry to hear about him killed by auto accident. I got this news from my gal. I wish him best!

Rest In Peace

Hello folks!

I was in shock and very sad about his untimely death when my fraternity brother passed news to me via e-mail last night.

I know RJ personally during our Gally days and I remember him well as a friend. He contributed alot of wonderful and amazing artistic works to Gallaudet University. He did draw some cartoons for the Blue and Blue, which are students newspapers at Gally, and did party parties for his fraternity, Kappa Sigma and other students organizations. In addition, he played key roles in the Class of 1990 organization that RJ and I were proudly members of. His works on the Class of 1990 posters were major key parts of the Class of 1990's two consecutive Spirit Week championships. Also, he led to set up and organize a short-lived ad hoc organization called FROG to mock the Greek organizations for fun during the Rock Festival weekend and I played some roles in his organization. Later, we went to join different fraternity of our own choice. He went to join the Kappa Sigma as I became Alpha Sigma Pi Fraternity brother. We still respected each other as friends although we were in different fraternities. We went out to several restuarants and other events and we chatted together at the old Abbey (now Rathskellar), in Ely Center and cafeteria sometimes.

I never forget that he cracked me up hard at one time. When we were using computers at the Benson Hall Computer Lab and we were sitting in opposite of each other. He saw me picked in my nose and signed, "Darryl? You did find your diamond in your nose yet?" and I laughed hard.

RJ, I will miss you as much as your toonies miss you. You are in good hands of God and someday I will join you up for drinks, catching up news and sharing old Gally stories. Thank you very much for our friendship during our ol' good Gally days.

Farewell, RJ.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

VamPyroX said:

You owe me an sincere apology because I am hurt by your indifference and lack of respect.

Back