RIP Windows XP

Upgrade to Windows 8 - just modern Windows 98. :lol:

Windows 8 in my opinion just sucks. Too much based on tablet/ cell phone interface for me.

I still miss Windows 98, but those are memories now and that is where they will stay. I just hope they don't give Windows 7 the axe anytime soon because I refuse to use windows 8; not sure what I'll do then, but I don't have to worry about that anytime soon.

On a tangent, the sadness in knowing who you are, the things you've seen or done are just gone when you die.. Kinda reminds me of Blade Runner..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

I doubt they'll ax windows 7 anytime soon...everyone HATES winders 8. I dislike tablets and only use my cell phone for texting as I obviously can't talk on one because I can't hear anyone. Hell, I'm still using XP on my laptop. I have Linux Zorin on my netbook.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

What are your plans for an electronic device?

As for me, I have my trusty Asus tablet and my phone, so I'm in pretty good shape, electronic-wise. For those of you who have Mac laptops, you are lucky you won't have to worry. I had to switch to an entirely mobile platform, and that means I lose a physical keyboard, and am stuck with a virtual one on both my phone and tablet.

I doubt they'll ax windows 7 anytime soon...everyone HATES winders 8. I dislike tablets and only use my cell phone for texting as I obviously can't talk on one because I can't hear anyone. Hell, I'm still using XP on my laptop. I have Linux Zorin on my netbook.

Only good thing you can use a tablet for is playing Ingress on a larger screen.

Only good thing you can use a tablet for is playing Ingress on a larger screen.

Not true. I can use my tablet for video relay calls, among other things, such as e-mail and texting, and for Instant Messaging, as well, but in order to do all of these, one would need a tablet of at least 16 GB or greater. Mine is 16 GB, and it was on sale, so a steal.

old computer was on vista but screwed up at beginning of this month so got new computer now have windows 8 lol. I'm not used to it but it works real good ;)

old computer was on vista but screwed up at beginning of this month so got new computer now have windows 8 lol. I'm not used to it but it works real good ;)

Windows 8 isn't suitable for me. I think I need a Mac laptop.

Windows 8 isn't suitable for me. I think I need a Mac laptop.

why that is? ;) for art stuff or something? yeah MAC is popular than PC I know.. ;) but I have iphone and mini ipad for now but my next goal is get laptop but for now nah no need.. :D but for school that's important reason I know but if I get more classes this fall I might will ask VR but really I prefer get my own laptop tho :)

Not true. I can use my tablet for video relay calls, among other things, such as e-mail and texting, and for Instant Messaging, as well, but in order to do all of these, one would need a tablet of at least 16 GB or greater. Mine is 16 GB, and it was on sale, so a steal.

Nope, pretty much just good for Ingress.. Who really needs to communicate with others? :P

I'm kidding of course, but only half kidding when it comes to me, I would only use it for Ingress as I much prefer computers for the rest and an old smartphone I have I use an IPrelay app to call people and can text thanks to an app you showed me and it has an IM app. Smaller than a clunky tablet by comparison, but Ingress sucks on a small smartphone screen.

Me too. I have tried Windows 8 laptop at Best Buy and hated it so much. I'd prefer a laptop with Windows 7. I bought iMac two weeks ago. I love it.

My laptop is on IE8. Too late to go back.

That's not your OS, that's just a browser.

Any way....nothing. I haven't had a computer with XP.......in oh wait I don't think ever. The first one I bought was 2005 and I think they'd already moved past XP by then.

Asked my SIL to let me know what he can do for me in getting a Mac (he has a bad heart, so can't buy "cheap" and get something other than Apple) at a "low" price (I know they start at $999, but maybe he can find a refurb or discontinued one for me for less). Will need to upgrade my MS Office too (still using 2003 on my Win XP netbook), so gotta figure that cost into the equation too.

Nothing.

My Creaky Dell and laptop both have it- I don't see any reason to do anything with either system. I have Baby Dell with Win7.

Doesn't matter- I can't afford anything right now anyway.

I really pissed went to get new computer and bloke wanted to sell me xp for over £400 I may be idiot with computer but I aint that big of one buy that...got windows7 revamp one for one hundred quid elsewhere,that was ten days ago

Mod note:

I merged both thread since it is discussing the same similarities.

If there's one thing I do not like about Windows 8, it is trying to fix an Internet connectivity problem-- it's complicated. I will stick with Windows XP, thank you, now that I have discovered that I will be all right using Bitdefender with my laptop, although mind you-- I shall have to wait and see what happens on the 9th.

Back