RIP Windows XP

That's ok, windows XP is old fashioned to us now. Windows 7 is better.
I'd rather OSX after all. :mrgreen:

But some business companies mostly use XP professional

I am hoping that in the future that one day the majority of computers around the globe will be powered by Mac OS or an open source operating system such as Linux.

I am hoping that in the future that one day the majority of computers around the globe will be powered by Mac OS or an open source operating system such as Linux.

Me mate and I run a version of Linux called Zorin. It's great. As easy to use as windows without all the issues that makes windows such a pain in the ass. We never have to worry about malware or viruses. It's designed to help wean people off of windows. Plenty of programs that are comparable or better than what windows has to offer. :cool2:

I can tell you this too, windows 8 SUCKS! My hubby got a brand new laptop last summer and right out of the box it crashed 3 times. I put Zorin on it and he's not had any issues since.

Same here, I love to have a powerful Mac to run the game, especially WoW. :)

Well, they have an excuse to upgrade their systems.

wrong, they are FORCED to upgrade, it is Microsoft whose have an excuse for more profits, due to enforced upgrades, and you know what? 90% of banks worldwide now rely on Win XP....what do you see??

BIG INSTANT PROFIT NO SWEAT

Me mate and I run a version of Linux called Zorin. It's great. As easy to use as windows without all the issues that makes windows such a pain in the ass. We never have to worry about malware or viruses. It's designed to help wean people off of windows. Plenty of programs that are comparable or better than what windows has to offer. :cool2:

I can tell you this too, windows 8 SUCKS! My hubby got a brand new laptop last summer and right out of the box it crashed 3 times. I put Zorin on it and he's not had any issues since.

Linux free to download?

There's a lot of Linux distributions to choose from. I have not heard of Zorin, but I am sure it is a good Linux distribution. I personally like Ubuntu. Fedora is a good one as well.

The Windows OS has always been terrible, full of glitches and security holes.

The upgrade is expensive for businesses so that why they sticking with Windows XP.

Windows upgrades are far more expensive than upgrades for Mac OSX and even open source operating systems like Linux.

There's a lot of Linux distributions to choose from. I have not heard of Zorin, but I am sure it is a good Linux distribution. I personally like Ubuntu. Fedora is a good one as well.

The Windows OS has always been terrible, full of glitches and security holes.

Windows upgrades are far more expensive than upgrades for Mac OSX and even open source operating systems like Linux.

Well, Most businesses use Windows because of reliability and compatibility with their programs and software.

At School of Business, all of computers are PC with Windows.

Well, Most businesses use Windows because of reliability and compatibility with their programs and software.

Not all schools use Windows-- at least two Chicago Pubic Schools use Apple computers.

Actually, a lot of programs are written for the Windows OS. Also, a lot of schools like to use Windows because it is more intuitive (in their opinion). Ha.

Not all schools use Windows-- at least two Chicago Pubic Schools use Apple computers.

I leap with joy when I see schools using Apple products. :laugh2:

I'm talking about my university, not all schools.

More public schools are returning to Mac today, but in School of Business and business departments - they mostly use PC.

Gallaudet use mostly Mac now.

Actually, a lot of programs are written for the Windows OS. Also, a lot of schools like to use Windows because it is more intuitive (in their opinion). Ha.

I leap with joy when I see schools using Apple products. :laugh2:

Yes, but more schools abandon the PC after switch from Mac to PC in late 1990s to 2000s so they return to Mac now.

Gallaudet use Mac.

For me, I use both - OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 (for PC gaming)

I'm talking about my university, not all schools.

More public schools are returning to Mac today, but in School of Business and business departments - they mostly use PC.

Gallaudet use mostly Mac now.

Because they last longer and more reliable.

Yes, but more schools abandon the PC after switch from Mac to PC in late 1990s to 2000s so they return to Mac now.

Gallaudet use Mac.

For me, I use both - OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 (for PC gaming)

PCs reigned back then because Apple lost its popularity when Jobs was ousted.

Macs can run Windows, but not the other way around.

Because they last longer and more reliable.

This is true and proven statement.

Back