RIP Windows XP

Not free, though. Would be nice if it were. And I did factory reset my.laptop for that purposes, but no joy.
No, not free, unless you get it from work or school.

I'd like to upgrade my older desktop but it requires a 16 GB or 20 GB (depending on 32 bit or 64 bit version)... but the hard drive in there is 40 GB (need to verify)- same with the laptop (which was purchased in 2008 right before I went to England lol).

Can't upgrade anything anyway- 0 money and it's at the bottom of my priority list..

Then buy a hdd to replace it.. Hahaha

Sent from my Desire HD using AllDeaf App mobile app
lmao.. yeaaa

I thought about it- don't think it's powerful enough to handle a bigger drive- poor thing is 12 years old now lol.

I will probably just reformat and either put XP back on there or Linux. I may put my music library on there and connect to my network but leave the internet off.. :hmm:...

Same here, but Vista was improvement from XP - that means you don't have to reformat and re-installation every 3 months, 6 months or year, depending on how much you install apps and usage. I retired XP after reformat about 5 times in one year.

That is a major issue with XP and earlier because it suffered from "installation decay." Over time as you use XP, you notice that XP actually gets slower and slower. I say, good riddance to XP.

Vista and later doesn't suffer from installation decay because of major, and very welcome by the way, changes under (and also out of) the hood. With a completely rewritten print, display and video, networking, and audio stacks (and among other things), it's VERY stable. :)

Remember, folks - Windows 7 *is* based off from Vista; therefore, without Vista and the major changes both under and out of the hood, Win 7 would never be what it is today.

I went to my cuz' house. I had looked at her computer. I can't believe Microsoft Security Essentials cause her computer freeze and very slow. When you reboot your computer, you will see MsMpEng.exe application error pop up every time. I might uninstall MSE before I will get free avast anti virus software. Wow.

Sent from my HTC One using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back