RIP Tia Maria

Silvara

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to have my 11 year old blue tortishell point birman kitty Tia put to sleep. She had stage 4 renal failure. I am absolutely devastated. She was like a child to me. Now nobody will wake me up by purring up my nose and rubbing her face all over mine and I'll never feel her gently bite my nose then lick it better :(

http://lilpurryones.com/photos/tia/tia-pretty-eyes.jpg

She was an unusual and idiosyncratic cat who had so much love in her heart and she will always be sadly missed.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with a loss like this please share. I feel so bad I don't really want to be awake and sober but I'm trying hard to keep up my normal activities and face it because eating or drinking or sleeping to excess will just postpone the feelings rather than deal with them.

Yesterday I had to have my 11 year old blue tortishell point birman kitty Tia put to sleep. She had stage 4 renal failure. I am absolutely devastated. She was like a child to me. Now nobody will wake me up by purring up my nose and rubbing her face all over mine and I'll never feel her gently bite my nose then lick it better :(

http://lilpurryones.com/photos/tia/tia-pretty-eyes.jpg

She was an unusual and idiosyncratic cat who had so much love in her heart and she will always be sadly missed.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to deal with a loss like this please share. I feel so bad I don't really want to be awake and sober but I'm trying hard to keep up my normal activities and face it because eating or drinking or sleeping to excess will just postpone the feelings rather than deal with them.

:hug: I hate to say this but it will take time for your heart to heal , you can try to think of all the wonderful memories you have of kitty.

I am sorry for your lost RIP Tia she was a beautiful cat.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Tia was beautiful.

Beautiful cat. So sorry for your loss. My calico died in March from cancer and I still grieve very much for her. It takes time. Hugs.

Thank you all for your support. I just spoke to her breeder who is upset too but she has a litter due around 27th which should be cream point boys and blue tortie point girls so when they are 6 weeks old I will meet them. I am still very upset but a little better after talking to her.

The liquor of today is Baileys. It hasn't helped though. Still very sad... And I guess tomorrow I'll be sad plus headache.

we have baileys too, and sowwy, yes pet loss for passionate people are hard, just as hard or harder than losing a human companion.....been there too :aw:

Sorry about your cat. The shorter life spans of pets is one of the hardest things in life.

I still miss pets of mine who have been dead for many years.

I know what you mean. My heart still aches when I think about pets I've lost or been forced to rehome years ago. I have always had more of an affinity with animals than humans. Some have said to me that I have an instinctive ability to read animals body language and know what they're about to do and what they want. It's been suggested to me that this is because of my autism but who knows. I'm very deficient at reading human gestures and facial expressions and I think this will be a challenge and something I will need to consciously learn to be good at Auslan.

Silvara, so sorry to read of the passing of your beautiful cat!

Take care,
Annie

Thank you very much everyone who responded to this thread. I really appreciate it.

:( I cried a bit reading your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't went through this yet. I still have my first dog who turned 8 a few months ago.

:( I cried a bit reading your post. I'm so sorry for your loss. I haven't went through this yet. I still have my first dog who turned 8 a few months ago.

Awww my partner's dog is 8 too. She's a cute little black and white long haired chihuahua. I have one too but mine looks like a little fox in his colouring. He's 3.

Back