Rio 2016

Jezie

Reaction score
Anyone watch the summer Olympics? I prefer winter ones... but curious :)

I am definitely going to watch beach volleyball. My boyfriend knows some of USA players. He is on two beach volleyball teams in Long Beach and Cedar Beach.

Yes, I have it on now. I don't have cable so unfortunately, I only get see the very limit coverage on broadcast stations. Most stations only pick the most popular, well-known sports and frequently only give them coverage while US players are involved - not realizing some of what to see the less common events and regardless of who is playing.

I saw the opening ceromonies...didnt like all the commercial breaks. :(

Yeah I was really surprise to see that too and end up watching reruns of Bones instead. I guess channel 7 made a lot $$$ on all the commercial breaks !

Yes, I have it on now. I don't have cable so unfortunately, I only get see the very limit coverage on broadcast stations. Most stations only pick the most popular, well-known sports and frequently only give them coverage while US players are involved - not realizing some of what to see the less common events and regardless of who is playing.
Agreed... sad that they cannot provide better coverage of all the games through different channels or something... I do not care for many of the summer games and the ones I do like are hardly ever shown... luckily I have cable this year, hope i can be able to watch the games I like...

I like the opening ceremonies... especially the parts that show the history of the hosting nation ... the use of projection screens on the stage has really upped the "game" on how these were done and Rio really did an interesting job....

Agreed... sad that they cannot provide better coverage of all the games through different channels or something... I do not care for many of the summer games and the ones I do like are hardly ever shown... luckily I have cable this year, hope i can be able to watch the games I like...
And I don't like the cast of the Today show , they can't shut up for one moment during the events . Yeah I was hoping there more channels coving this b/c
if you have Dish TV in my state , Ma you can't get channel 7 anymore.

i watched the opining ceremonies

mostly..

the brazilians sure went to town for this...

now if only brazil can get clean running water to rio's poor neighborhoods....
alas..

if only

how much money would ti take to get fresh clan water to the poor areas?
how money did that open design love fest cost?

not being a humbug

just curious

i watched the opining ceremonies

mostly..

the brazilians sure went to town for this...

now if only brazil can get clean running water to rio's poor neighborhoods....
alas..

if only

how much money would ti take to get fresh clan water to the poor areas?
how money did that open design love fest cost?

not being a humbug

just curious

True... but they did not pay for it... they were given a fund to help prepare for it... they do get millions upon millions of dollars for and in aide... as to why it is not better improved who knows... greed somewhere?

True... but they did not pay for it... they were given a fund to help prepare for it... they do get millions upon millions of dollars for and in aide... as to why it is not better improved who knows... greed somewhere?

actually brazil will be paying for it very much so for decades..

i think canada is still paying its bills for the olympics from the 80s...and thats a first world nation, for nations like brazil the debt will only cause allot more plms.
thats one plm with the olympics...as currently orchestrated

why not give your people who reside in your major cities clean running water first......at least, im not even going to toss the old well worn schools are a good idea too...

i dunno

makes sense to me..
but
meh

actually brazil will be paying for it very much so for decades..

i think canada is still paying its bills for the olympics for m the 80s...and thats a first world nation, for nations like brazil the debt will only cause allot more plms.
thats one plm with the olympics...as currently orhestrated

why not give your people clean running water first......
i dunno

makes sense to me..
but
meh
No doubt they will... but in the opening ceremony... during the rain forest and indigenous people part they covered that money was given to them to help with the cost of the Olympics and it was from that money that the projector was bought...

have you seen elite squad? and city of god?
two really good brazil films..

to better understand the olympics ..down there

have you seen elite squad? and city of god?
two really good brazil films..

to better understand the olympics ..down there

I am not a big film watcher, so no... this was just stating off of what they have said and what I have come across in various news...

those films aren't about the olympics per se, they are about the poor and the brazilian governments mass murder of them..
the second on anyway

those films aren't about the olympics per se, they are about the poor and the brazilian governments mass murder of them..
the second on anyway

Alright... well I am aware of that as well... but if I manage to find the films I will give them a watch

Last edited:
It was on the Today Show the other day that they actually spent quite a bit less than the last couple did. The projector was one way of cutting expenses by not building physical sets.

I watch some.. Canada won with Brasil in Rugby spectacular! go Canada! now is Gymnastic which I like.

I wish I thought of recording opening ceremonies but I didn't b/c I assumed it will be available on demand - but it isn't!! grrr :(
Does anyone know if it could be viewed anywhere else for free?

Fuzzy

One commercial I like about climate and water dripping effect show. That is it!

Back