ringing ears, and dizziness without hearing aids : (

nickysunflower

Reaction score
I have lots of ringing in my ears when my aids are out, and I get dizzy. I have to put my aids in right after my shower so I can function. I have discovered that if I play music it makes the ringing better. Has anybody else experienced this? It is Very frustrating! I don't wish this on anybody, but would like to hare any tips you may have. I am going to make an appointment with an ENT to see if they can shed some light. I hope it won't be a wasted trip :)

The ringing is tinnitus. I would not expect it to impact your balance so much. But an ENT is the best place to start investigating. Good luck!

It's also possible this is migraine related... just a thought.

More than likely tennitus, yes...as I've gone thru the same thing (and still do), and I've never worn a hearing aid....There are good days and bad ones...wishing you luck with coping with this, it's not easy, but can be done. So many members here have the same thing, so you are not alone.

I find that my ears ring more too when I don't have my HAs in. And, same as you, I find that music helps a lot. The dizziness - vertigo. Do you by any chance have Meniere's?

The ringing is tinnitus. I would not expect it to impact your balance so much. But an ENT is the best place to start investigating. Good luck!

It's also possible this is migraine related... just a thought.

I do get migraines, but not often. Thanks Cheetah :).

More than likely tennitus, yes...as I've gone thru the same thing (and still do), and I've never worn a hearing aid....There are good days and bad ones...wishing you luck with coping with this, it's not easy, but can be done. So many members here have the same thing, so you are not alone.

Thanks Rocking Robin. Tinnitus stinks, but you are right. It is tolerable more that I am learning want helps.

I find that my ears ring more too when I don't have my HAs in. And, same as you, I find that music helps a lot. The dizziness - vertigo. Do you by any chance have Meniere's?

I don't know what Meniere's is. But I am curious now, and will check it out. How do you pronounce it? Men eyers or men ears? Oh well I better check it out. :ty: AlleyCat. Will the ENT be able to tell me if I have it?

I've heard it pronounced "men earz", but someone will correct me if I'm wrong! ;)

I have the same issues as you and I do have menieres. The ringing is always there but worse when I am not wearing my hearing aids.

Thanks Candybrowneyes. I am glad to know there is a name for it. Can an ENT help me with it?

Well you may not have it but it is possible. You will under go a lot of tests to determine if you do or not. I really hope you don't it's a horrid disease to live with

Well you may not have it but it is possible. You will under go a lot of tests to determine if you do or not. I really hope you don't it's a horrid disease to live with

Thank you. Am thinking that I do. In April I was in the E.R because the vertigo was so bad. The whole room was spinning out of controle which made me throw up violently. It hasn't gotten that bad since then thank the Lord! I hope it isn't, but it will be good to find out what it is, and what will help it. I am sorry that you have to struggle with this. Is there anything that helps? If there is does it cause other issues? It seems that is the case with lots of things. With my Alopecia they can give me hundreds of steroid injections, but it only has a 10% chance of making my hair grow back. The steroids has side affects that aren't fun too. I chose to let it grow back when it is ready.

I am experience buzz and on dizziness balance 0_0 weird odd I feeling balance buzz I think so feeling myself sound on my mind trick sound!

I am experience buzz and on dizziness balance 0_0 weird odd I feeling balance buzz I think so feeling myself sound on my mind trick sound!

Isn't it strange how our brain makes sounds we cannot hear? I think it is a strange trick too. I hope that it gets better soon Travis. Ps I like your avatar. It is beautiful!

Or it could be BPPV. Hold your head at certain angle could set off the veritgo. I had that for years and it petered out to almost nothing. About a second of vertigo and that is it nowadays. This is far better than hours of vertigo in the past.

i get ringing in my ears... or other random sounds... and its really annoying... and that is worse without my HAs.... but I get dizzy more when I have them on... though lately it hasn't mattered

Or it could be BPPV. Hold your head at certain angle could set off the veritgo. I had that for years and it petered out to almost nothing. About a second of vertigo and that is it nowadays. This is far better than hours of vertigo in the past.
Well I never heard of it before. I will check it out thanks.

i get ringing in my ears... or other random sounds... and its really annoying... and that is worse without my HAs.... but I get dizzy more when I have them on... though lately it hasn't mattered

Well that really stinks. I wonder why. The human body really is fascinating!

I pretty much have constant, permanent tinnitus. When I wore a hearing aid it didn't help. One of the biggest motivating factors for getting Cochlear Implants for me was to mask the tinnitus, and it worked. Now I only notice the ringing when my implants are off. My tinnitus is due to LVAS, but they thought it was Meniere's for a really long time. And, I always get dizzy when the ringing gets really bad.

Back