Reuse photo posted in earlier thread?

Jane B.

Reaction score
How can I reuse a photo (.jpg) that was posted in an earlier thread and have it enlarge if clicked?

The only way I've been able to do that was to rename it and repost it fresh. AD wouldn't let me reuse photos that were previously posted, including those that were deleted during a couple of system-wide post purges that have happened.

Right-click on an image you want and scroll down to "Copy Image Location". When you post a new reply, on top, click on an icon "paperclip" (right after smilies) to manage attachments. In a small window, upload file from a URL by right-clicking and scrolling down to paste and then click on Upload button. When done, go back to your post, click on the same icon and click on jpg file. That's it. So people have to click on your small image to enlarge it. Is that what you want?

Like this.

slide1_zps1c0ba22d.jpg

If that's not what you want, let me know since there are many ways, however if an image you want to copy is in its original size, you would not want to enlarge it because the quality will look poor.

CrazyPaul
NO it is not what I am talking about. I am referring to reusing a .jpg that was previously posted in another thread and getting it in the second thread in such a way that it can be clicked on to enlarge like it could be in the first thread.

Reuse? I never heard of reusing a jpg which is an image. I even googled it. Do you mean copy and paste an image?

Reuse? I never heard of reusing a jpg which is an image. I even googled it. Do you mean copy and paste an image?

Not exactly. I was expecting to upload once and they retrieve in different threads and have each instance work the way it does when you put one in one thread.

If I copy from one thread to another clicking on it does not enlarge it like it does in the original thread. And . . . there seems to be no way to retrieve a .jpg that has been uploaded and then reuse it in another thread.

I saved the image from this post in another thread below into my computer.

http://www.alldeaf.com/2265166-post1060.html

I used imgur.com to upload it from my computer and copied BBCode. Then I pasted it here.

u9fsrCp.jpg

All I did is save the image and upload it which is common as well as copy/paste the code.

Not exactly. I was expecting to upload once and they retrieve in different threads and have each instance work the way it does when you put one in one thread.

If I copy from one thread to another clicking on it does not enlarge it like it does in the original thread. And . . . there seems to be no way to retrieve a .jpg that has been uploaded and then reuse it in another thread.

I am still struggling with this!!!! Maybe this will help others understand better.

I had a .jpg that I wanted to use in this thread http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=2441146#post2441146 See post #5494 where I had tried to do an upload and got an error message about it already being used in another thread and included the link to http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=117227&page=7 where you have to scroll down to post #183 to see the .jpg I wanted to reuse in http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?p=2441146#post2441146 See post #5494.

It seems there should be a simple way to reinsert a .jpg that has been uploaded previously and have that .jpg be clickable to see a larger version like you can the first time it was inserted in a thread without having to rename the file on your computer and then re-upload it.

Try getting the URL of the picture, e.g. right click on picture select open in new tab. Then copy that URL and when you post a comment click the picture icon in the post toolbar and paste the image you should then see [ I M G ] your pasted url [ / I M G ] (minus the spacing)

Well judging from my little tests below...

using the ID # of the previously uploaded image with ATTACH tags will give you the 1st option. clicking on it will open the image in another tab though.
the next three don't seem to work.
#4 is using the url of the image and IMG tags

There apparently is a way- or used to be- to view all images that you uploaded but I don't that works anymore unless you are still in the same session without closing the forum.

hmm lets see...

View attachment 20447

attachment.php

Try getting the URL of the picture, e.g. right click on picture select open in new tab. Then copy that URL and when you post a comment click the picture icon in the post toolbar and paste the image you should then see [ I M G ] your pasted url [ / I M G ] (minus the spacing)

Trying what A Nihilist just suggested.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back