Returning Member :) -waves-

DJYumene

Reaction score
Hello, it has been quite some time since I last came here, so thought it would be okay to post here again to introduce myself.

I came here when I was asking for help getting new hearing aids, which I have gotten, and then found myself a regular for a little bit, then got a bit busy with things IRL.

My HA's: They are bi-cross aids, I am deaf in my right ear with loss in my left as well. I still have a hard time adjusting to wearing HA's and only really used them when I was in school or meetings so that I didn't miss anything, however past couple days I have been trying to wear them more often again as my hearing seems to be a issue at work -.- (My manager told me that I need to go to the doctor to get my hearing checked out ... -.-) ...

But anyways, hope you all will welcome me back here :) Everyone has always been very helpful to me ^_^

Hi, and welcome back! Hope you will make yourself comfy and stay for a while.

How long have you had these aids now? If they don't feel right or sound right, have you been back to your audi? Of course you have to give them a fair chance, but maybe some adjustments might be needed.

It's not that they don't sound right, just getting used to them, I have been to the audiologist already, I got these in 2010, so it will have been 2 years, I am fine with them in classes and meetings, but at work and other "noisy" places .... kinda overwhelming ... (eg: hearing music on the loud speakers or just other sounds I don't normally hear >.<)

Fun thing though today on the bus: I didn't know the "stop" buttons made a
-beep- when pressed, ... I was like ... COOL :shock:

welcome to Alldeaf!
you'll see Dixie popping up since he has bicros hearing aids that really got swag.

thanks you guys/girls :) It's nice to be back here ^_^ And hehe Sarfarigirl, I have ones by Unitron, they work pretty well for me :) Trying to keep in the habit of wearing them every day now and not just for school and meetings ^_^

thanks you guys/girls :) It's nice to be back here ^_^ And hehe Sarfarigirl, I have ones by Unitron, they work pretty well for me :) Trying to keep in the habit of wearing them every day now and not just for school and meetings ^_^

cool, but there's also other bicros made by Phonak and Starkey (Dixie has Starkey and his bicros hearing aids has SWAG!)

cool, but there's also other bicros made by Phonak and Starkey (Dixie has Starkey and his bicros hearing aids has SWAG!)

Swag? hehe, I like swag!

I seem to be having one issue ... my line of work is working in a food store where I am constantly moving around inside and outside, when I have to walk through the metal detectors I get feedback (like this bzzzzt sound) >.<

There is two sets of them by the entrances and one by the pharmacy (I have to walk by this area constantly), it did warn about it in the user manual that the wifi part will cause interference when in contact with them.

So not sure, I hope it wont effect them other than getting the feedback ... other than that, they work perfectly :)

Swag? hehe, I like swag!

I seem to be having one issue ... my line of work is working in a food store where I am constantly moving around inside and outside, when I have to walk through the metal detectors I get feedback (like this bzzzzt sound) >.<

There is two sets of them by the entrances and one by the pharmacy (I have to walk by this area constantly), it did warn about it in the user manual that the wifi part will cause interference when in contact with them.

So not sure, I hope it wont effect them other than getting the feedback ... other than that, they work perfectly :)

I know a trick to stop that buzzing when you're near the detectors, simply turn the volume up or down and when you walk in another detector from another store, no buzz :)
I did that one with my current hearing aids too!

I will have to try that then, didn't wear them at work today due to that, the feedback is annoying when your walking through the detectors maybe 15+ times a day in a 6hr shift >.<

So anything I can try will be awesome, thanks! :)

I will have to try that then, didn't wear them at work today due to that, the feedback is annoying when your walking through the detectors maybe 15+ times a day in a 6hr shift >.<

So anything I can try will be awesome, thanks! :)

:) U should and it always work for my current Oticons as well!

Back